4. 20
  5. 21
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. ...
  9. 41
S Monki wrote:
Collet005 wrote:
Aiming is still very inconsistent for me. I could have 60% of accuracy and 15% of headshot in a game and the next game 30% accuracy and 1% of headshot. Some games are very slow and i have to increase aim settings, and the next game i have to change them again cause are too fast.
I am playing since day one and after "2 years" i don't know which aim settings i have to use, and even when i find a good setting i suffer of very bad hit registration.....
Isnt that the truth! As long as this game has been out im still messing around with the aim settings. I never had to do this at all with other Halo titles. Hit registration is another very problematic issue with this game. Also something I didn't notice to this level on any other Halo title. Both of these issues are game breaking.

Zippy
its ludicrous that the game feels so off, getting expanded and balanced searchers on your focused games i think has part of the blame. i dont get how a guy connecting from around the globe seems to get a better game than me, often they go super positive while you yourself are struggling to keep up. i mean they should have a -Yoink- connection, but instead the game tries to fix it by giving you a fake even worse connection. This issue + smurfs is killing the enjoyment of the game. im used by now to not ever rely on hit registration, 4 shots 5 shots, gun punches etc is so rare to be on point.
Focused search should be focused searchers only and with no bandwidth issues on their end. This could easily be implemented. I can´t stand when a player from south america turns up in my focused search from EU and completely destroys everyone. It shouldn´t be possible. Last night me and a couple of friends played WZ on focused, a player from south america gets in a regular wasp early on in the game without a wheelman, and just destroys everyone. We shot at him with BR´s and railguns but it´s like he wasn´t taking any damage. He was obviously not where we saw him on our monitors and hit reg was just -Yoink-.
Collet005 wrote:
Yvern wrote:
cut
Along with heavy aiming there is input lag with switching weapons, picking up weapons or power ups, melees and slides.
cut
I agree with this issue too, input lag is increasing. I have experienced this issue firing rockets or throwing two granades (i have to push the button many times to throw the second nade).
For example one time i suicided myself while trying to fire a rocket. I was playing on eden, i jumped from catwalk to red nest firing a rocket to an enemy, the rocket didn't shoot when i jumped and i repeatedly pushed the button, and at end the rocket shot when it is too late and finished against the wall in front of my face.
Dont get me started on the weapon switching, arrrrrhg its so bad, will it need 1 click or 2 clicks to switch this time, should i go for the 2 clicks right away and risk ending up back with original weapon, or the 1 click "ohh nothing happened" click again (at which point you are ofc dead). Almost as bad as trying to freaking melee!!!!!
I get frustrated with the non switching of weapons... also not registering my melee really hurts. To me, I'm not noticing the blatant things. My accuracy is always high 50s, it's just that I feel like I'm moving slower than everyone else. Almost like I can hit shots but it takes me a split second longer and it seems like everyone else can just fire away and KILL me. I'm normally an ONYX 1850ish level and I went all the way down to Diamond 2 in one messed up afternoon/evening. The struggle is REAL!!!
The feeling of being a half second slower than everyone else, with no blatant signs puzzles my own abilities... but then I play Halo 2 Anniversary games and the cream always rises to the top... wtf???
x Spades x wrote:
I get frustrated with the non switching of weapons... also not registering my melee really hurts. To me, I'm not noticing the blatant things. My accuracy is always high 50s, it's just that I feel like I'm moving slower than everyone else. Almost like I can hit shots but it takes me a split second longer and it seems like everyone else can just fire away and KILL me. I'm normally an ONYX 1850ish level and I went all the way down to Diamond 2 in one messed up afternoon/evening. The struggle is REAL!!!
The feeling of being a half second slower than everyone else, with no blatant signs puzzles my own abilities... but then I play Halo 2 Anniversary games and the cream always rises to the top... wtf???
Pro player Frosty: "it also feels like my Spartan is constantly underwater along with my Aimer when playing online"
I came to the conclusion that there could be a problem playing in a party. My stats when i play solo or in a party are too much different, even if the skill level is the same, and when i play solo the game is more responsive and i could aim better, instead when i play in party the game become very sluggish, aiming is slow, there is more controller input lag, a lot of istant deaths, etc.
I remeber that there was an issue with xbox one party chat and black ops 3 that made the game lags. They resolved the issue with a specific fix. I don't know if this is a similar case.
Yesterday (but i verified it many times..) i was playing in party with friends who have very bad internet connection (i have 100/20 fttc, with low ping, no packet loss and jitter free) and it was impossible to play. Then i started to play solo and the game changed from night to day.
So i think that most of the problems with the game being slow and heavy aiming are caused by other players connection, especially when we play in party.
Do you feel any difference when playing solo or in party or i am the only one?

Some stats as proof:
Playing in party (last six matches)

- 9 Kills 12 Deaths 0.75 K/D 7 Assists 1.33KA/D 4 Headshots 3 Accuracy
- 7 Kills 12 Deaths 0.58 K/D 8 Assists 1.25 KA/D 0 Headshots 0 Accuracy
-11Kills 14Deaths 0.79K/D 8 Assists 1.36 KA/D 2 Headshots 1 Accuracy
- 5 Kills 14 Deaths 0.36 K/D 7 Assists 0.86 KA/D 2 Headshots 2 Accuracy
- 9 Kills 13 Deaths 0.69 K/D 8 Assists 1.31 KA/D 2 Headshots 1 Accuracy
- 4 Kills 12 Deaths 0.33 K/D 6 Assists 0.83 KA/D 2 Headshots 1 Accuracy
total 45 kills (7.5 per game), 77 deaths (13 per game), 0.58 kd, 44 assists, 1.15 kda, 2 headshot per game, 1.33 accuracy per game

Playing solo (last six matches)
- 21 Kills 9 Deaths 2.33 K/D 3 Assists 2.67 KA/D 12 Headshots 7 Accuracy
- 16 Kills 11 Deaths 1.45 K/D 8 Assists 2.18 KA/D 6 Headshots 3 Accuracy
- 17 Kills 11 Deaths 1.55 K/D 5 Assists 2.00 KA/D 11 Headshots 7 Accuracy
- 12 Kills 8 Deaths 1.50 K/D 5 Assists 2.13 KA/D 8 Headshots 6 Accuracy
- 14 Kills 11 Deaths 1.27 K/D 5 Assists 1.73 3 Headshots 2 Accuracy
- 15 Kills 10 Deaths 1.50 K/D 7 Assists 2.20 KA/D 9 Headshots 5 Accuracy
total 95 kills (15,8 per game), 60 deaths (10 per game), 1,6 kd, 33 assists, 2.15 kda, 8 headshot per game, 5 accuracy per game

IWI IUI wrote:
Heavy aim is not rooted in the actual mechanics of the aiming system. By that statement I mean that it is not a result of the dual zone system. Halo has always had a dual zone system. The velocity jump is higher compared to other halos to compensate for the reduced auto aim on the primary single shot weapon we currently use. I ask that everyone keep an open mind please. I originally made the thread about H2A using more bandwidth than it should that got Bravo's attention. Seen below. I am not an expert, but I am fairly well informed with networking and work in telecommunications.
Old thread

Heavy aim is a result of the netcoding affecting input. I'm sure many of you noticed that the servers most of the first week of Monitors Bounty played well. At that point the aiming was pretty much flawless. Over time, the servers became worse and the aim regressed to its original form. It feels pre-patch. The server has a direct effect on the controller input time. I am convinced that it is the distance from the host and the amount of stress the server is under that affects this input. As empirical evidence, you can start a custom open to the public. If you are the host of the custom, the server selected will be the one closest to you. You should notice as soon as you start walking around that the aim and movement of your spartan is clean. If the players in your game are close to your server the game remains clean. When players join that are farther away the aim and movement becomes unresponsive.

I recently participated in a 2 day SC "LAN". Halo 5 does not have LAN, but we were all in the same house. In 2 days there was almost no instances of heavy aim. As soon as another player joined from FL, the aiming became sluggish for everyone. In a separate game, as soon as a player from CA joined the aim became sluggish.

Therein lies the problem. Controller input should not be affected by the connection.

Why it is not a GPU issue:1. My analysis of this is based on only team arena games. There are no forge maps in team arena.

2. Heavy aiming either lasts from the beginning to the end of a game or it never (or rarely) occurs mid game. If it was an issue with the GPU the effect would be intermittent. Not only does this not happen, but there is little to no variance in team arena. There is no map with too many objects. This is why I've chosen the team arena experience. I've played 2405 arena games at the time of this post. My friends have played far more than I have and share the same experience. There are 8 different arena maps. it occurs in the same fashion on every map or it doesn't occur at all.

Why it is a connection issue:

1. It either lasts the entire match or almost never occurs.

2. The host of a custom games determines the location of the server selected. joining a game where the host is located far from you results in heavy aiming.

3. Playing on the server closest to you results in much more responsive aiming.

4. Heavy aiming is not as severe on distant servers during hours where that server is underpopulated. (ex. 5am)

Not to be misinterpreted:

1. The server does not compute your input. It is not waiting for confirmation from your box before input registers. That kind of delay would be far more substantial than it is now. An intermediate server does not compute your input. That would also result in higher delay times than observed.

2. I am not saying the problem lies entirely with the server. I am saying it is not a graphical power issue.

My thought on why it happens:

I suspect there is a prioritization issue. My thinking is that the game either

1. Uses prioritization that scales with the detected latency to the server. The greater the detected latency (stress, distance), the more that priority is given to packets to keep latency low. The result being player input gets left behind in a faulty Qos priority.

2. The game has a golden range and once latency falls outside that range Qos kicks in to compensate leaving input in the dust.

3. I attribute this problem to the netcoding. It is exacerbated by server stress because there is not enough server bandwidth being allocated and/or physical servers (The actual towers) for the game. Distance then further adds to the problem.

4. The first couple days after monitor's bounty (and most other updates) there is a noticeable increase in aiming responsiveness. This is likely due to a clear of the server cache.

Feel free to ask any questions and make posts that promote constructive discussion. I encourage everyone that has social media channels dedicated to gaming to please share this. Thank you.

PS: I also ask that the thread be focused specifically on heavy aiming. Ghost melees, etc are obviously a problem within the game. However, if we want heavy aiming resolved, there needs to be a consistent and structured focus on heavy aiming to maintain momentum and unity within the community on this. Thanks.

Also, if everyone could please post there connection speed and where they are located that would be useful.

UPDATE--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have an xbox one S use SS port 2.
Spot on chap!
I have definitely noticed a relation between the server location and my aim. When heavy aim was 'fixed' it felt fantastic! It is once again terrible. As of writing this the servers seem unplayable for me. Along side the worst 'heavy aim' i have experienced to date i am having issues sprinting off spawn (one time i had to actually thrust before i could sprint!) I'm assuming it's something to do with the new update.

As for a little feedback from my experience the host of the lobby does not always decide the server.
A west coast US friend of mine and a few EU friends were playing customs. Whenever we started a game with him in the lobby the connection was terrible. We had to actually start a game without him and then invite him to get an EU server.
After reading your post i would attribute it to the heavy aim phenomena you described when someone far away joins if it were not for the fact that when we started the game without him and he then joined later it felt much better.

With all this good information you've provided i hope someone at 343i can identify and correct the issue here. Unfortunately as a fan from halo 1 i find it very difficult to stay optimistic when it comes to issues with halo.

**PS The Halo 2 MCC Vista port is an unplayable disgrace and calling that thing Halo 2 is insulting to the memory of the original that we loved.

**EDIT At time of writing 21 ping to dublin 21.37Mbs^-1 Down 6.35Mbs^-1 Up I'm based in Northamptonshire England UK
Collet005 wrote:
I came to the conclusion that there could be a problem playing in a party. My stats when i play solo or in a party are too much different, even if the skill level is the same, and when i play solo the game is more responsive and i could aim better, instead when i play in party the game become very sluggish, aiming is slow, there is more controller input lag, a lot of istant deaths, etc.
I remeber that there was an issue with xbox one party chat and black ops 3 that made the game lags. They resolved the issue with a specific fix. I don't know if this is a similar case.
Yesterday (but i verified it many times..) i was playing in party with friends who have very bad internet connection (i have 100/20 fttc, with low ping, no packet loss and jitter free) and it was impossible to play. Then i started to play solo and the game changed from night to day.
So i think that most of the problems with the game being slow and heavy aiming are caused by other players connection, especially when we play in party.
Do you feel any difference when playing solo or in party or i am the only one?

Some stats as proof:
Playing in party (last six matches)
- 9 Kills 12 Deaths 0.75 K/D 7 Assists 1.33KA/D 4 Headshots 3 Accuracy
- 7 Kills 12 Deaths 0.58 K/D 8 Assists 1.25 KA/D 0 Headshots 0 Accuracy
-11Kills 14Deaths 0.79K/D 8 Assists 1.36 KA/D 2 Headshots 1 Accuracy
- 5 Kills 14 Deaths 0.36 K/D 7 Assists 0.86 KA/D 2 Headshots 2 Accuracy
- 9 Kills 13 Deaths 0.69 K/D 8 Assists 1.31 KA/D 2 Headshots 1 Accuracy
- 4 Kills 12 Deaths 0.33 K/D 6 Assists 0.83 KA/D 2 Headshots 1 Accuracy
total 45 kills (7.5 per game), 77 deaths (13 per game), 0.58 kd, 44 assists, 1.15 kda, 2 headshot per game, 1.33 accuracy per gamePlaying solo (last six matches)- 21 Kills 9 Deaths 2.33 K/D 3 Assists 2.67 KA/D 12 Headshots 7 Accuracy
- 16 Kills 11 Deaths 1.45 K/D 8 Assists 2.18 KA/D 6 Headshots 3 Accuracy
- 17 Kills 11 Deaths 1.55 K/D 5 Assists 2.00 KA/D 11 Headshots 7 Accuracy
- 12 Kills 8 Deaths 1.50 K/D 5 Assists 2.13 KA/D 8 Headshots 6 Accuracy
- 14 Kills 11 Deaths 1.27 K/D 5 Assists 1.73 3 Headshots 2 Accuracy
- 15 Kills 10 Deaths 1.50 K/D 7 Assists 2.20 KA/D 9 Headshots 5 Accuracy
total 95 kills (15,8 per game), 60 deaths (10 per game), 1,6 kd, 33 assists, 2.15 kda, 8 headshot per game, 5 accuracy per game
Heres the strange thing with what you say is causing this issue. If this game is on dedicated servers we really shouldn't be tied to someone else's connection. At least not to the extent to where your connection is effected. Everyone should be connecting to the server independently. So even when one of your friends has a poor connection it really shouldn't be effecting you in the game like it is. Your friend with the poor connection should be the one experiencing the issue not you.. But what you are saying is fairly correct and is something ive also noticed as well. Why I find this very strange is when the game was first out I could party up with friends from Arizona. And I am in Minnesota and the game played very well. Now fast forward to today we can no longer party up just because the game plays very poorly. So there is something that has definitely changed with the game. What it is.. is still unknown to me. And I really don't understand why this is happening and what maybe the cause.

So does the game play better when playing solo? Yes! Should this be happening? No! Something has happened with the game.

Its very easy to see who is having the heavy aim effect in the game and who is not.. Have you seen one player on a team go 23-3 and another player on the same team go 3-23. Both having the similar rank. The one on top isn't any better then the guy on the bottom its just he wasn't experiencing any heavy aim or input lag. The poor guy on the bottom of the list was about to throw his xbox out the window. He was dealt a bad hand from the start. I see this almost in every game with various combinations. Half the players playing this game don't even realize whats happening. The bottom line is the game is broke! Call it a bug call it whatever you want. But it does need some serious attention.. There is no way this should be happening at this level and effecting gameplay this much. Unacceptable on all levels..

Zippy.
Collet005 wrote:
Heres the strange thing with what you say is causing this issue. If this game is on dedicated servers we really shouldn't be tied to someone else's connection. At least not to the extent to where your connection is effected. Everyone should be connecting to the server independently. So even when one of your friends has a poor connection it really shouldn't be effecting you in the game like it is. Your friend with the poor connection should be the one experiencing the issue not you.. But what you are saying is fairly correct and is something ive also noticed as well. Why I find this very strange is when the game was first out I could party up with friends from Arizona. And I am in Minnesota and the game played very well. Now fast forward to today we can no longer party up just because the game plays very poorly. So there is something that has definitely changed with the game. What it is.. is still unknown to me. And I really don't understand why this is happening and what maybe the cause.

So does the game play better when playing solo? Yes! Should this be happening? No! Something has happened with the game.

Its very easy to see who is having the heavy aim effect in the game and who is not.. Have you seen one player on a team go 23-3 and another player on the same team go 3-23. Both having the similar rank. The one on top isn't any better then the guy on the bottom its just he wasn't experiencing any heavy aim or input lag. The poor guy on the bottom of the list was about to throw his xbox out the window. He was dealt a bad hand from the start. I see this almost in every game with various combinations. Half the players playing this game don't even realize whats happening. The bottom line is the game is broke! Call it a bug call it whatever you want. But it does need some serious attention.. There is no way this should be happening at this level and effecting gameplay this much. Unacceptable on all levels..

Zippy.
Dedicated servers actually work a lot like peer to peer but rely less on someones actually internet and more on who is the closest to send the signal from the server you're connecting to. Dedicated servers don't eliminate the use of other people's bandwidth allocation they just find a server that is dedicated to processing everyone connecting to that game. It is heavily reliant more so on connection then peer 2 peer. Where if the connection is just bad for one guy or the server quits entirely.
Yvern wrote:
Collet005 wrote:

Zippy.
Dedicated servers actually work a lot like peer to peer but rely less on someones actually internet and more on who is the closest to send the signal from the server you're connecting to. Dedicated servers don't eliminate the use of other people's bandwidth allocation they just find a server that is dedicated to processing everyone connecting to that game. It is heavily reliant more so on connection then peer 2 peer. Where if the connection is just bad for one guy or the server quits entirely.
I agree with a few things that your saying. But don't dedicated servers allocate enough bandwidth? In the sense of scalable bandwidth. Since they are the ones that are hosting the game and processing. I just have never seen a game like this play this way on dedicated servers. Something is off!
Zippy.
Yvern wrote:
Collet005 wrote:

Zippy.
I agree with a few things that your saying. But don't dedicated servers allocate enough bandwidth? In the sense of scalable bandwidth. Since they are the ones that are hosting the game and processing. I just have never seen a game like this play this way on dedicated servers. Something is off!
Zippy.
Yes and no dedicated servers are just a specific platform that everyone connects to, instead of relying on someone else connection to find a similar platform. Which makes it so that there is no lag compensation (like peer to peer), it also increases the chance of someone with a ping of 100+ to connect with players to a ping with only 10-60. Thats why there are such heavy flaws with how the dedicated server is handled, because dedicated servers work best when everyone is connecting to the server from a very geographically close region. But because region lock was removed, dedicated servers allows for people with 100+ ping or vastly far geographically to connect to that server, which is what causes the input or rubber banding for them. Or in my case, connecting to games whose servers are located in different countries which causes my "heavy aim", input lag, and hit detection issues. If I'm connecting to a server in Quebec, I experience those problems, also when you get shot behind walls or cover it's because what you are doing on your screen hasn't been relayed to the server.

I'm no a server expert, but this is about the information I know about servers. Oh and one more very important thing to point out is, the Halo 5 servers use the exact same servers that host XBL. So even if the dedicated server worked how it was supposed to there is no way that those servers could solely focus on bandwidth allocation for Halo 5, without region lock and still provide services for the xbl users as well. Thats why the game was so crispy its first few months. (Region lock) But because there are only a few server hot spots in the EU and other small places like Australia, matching time was slow.
Yvern wrote:
Yvern wrote:
Collet005 wrote:

Zippy.
Zippy.
Yes and no dedicated servers are just a specific platform that everyone connects to, instead of relying on someone else connection to find a similar platform. Which makes it so that there is no lag compensation (like peer to peer), it also increases the chance of someone with a ping of 100+ to connect with players to a ping with only 10-60. Thats why there are such heavy flaws with how the dedicated server is handled, because dedicated servers work best when everyone is connecting to the server from a very geographically close region. But because region lock was removed, dedicated servers allows for people with 100+ ping or vastly far geographically to connect to that server, which is what causes the input or rubber banding for them. Or in my case, connecting to games whose servers are located in different countries which causes my "heavy aim", input lag, and hit detection issues. If I'm connecting to a server in Quebec, I experience those problems, also when you get shot behind walls or cover it's because what you are doing on your screen hasn't been relayed to the server.

I'm no a server expert, but this is about the information I know about servers. Oh and one more very important thing to point out is, the Halo 5 servers use the exact same servers that host XBL. So even if the dedicated server worked how it was supposed to there is no way that those servers could solely focus on bandwidth allocation for Halo 5, without region lock and still provide services for the xbl users as well. Thats why the game was so crispy its first few months. (Region lock) But because there are only a few server hot spots in the EU and other small places like Australia, matching time was slow.
I totally understand what your saying here and also share some of the same thoughts as you. I also am no expert and to be totally honest the game did really fall apart once the region lock was removed. I do remember those nice crispy gameplay days early on. And once the region lock was removed the game did take a turn for the worst imo. Im not really sure there is anything that can be done but I always was a fan of server selection. Which doesn't mean a cure for all but at the very least I feel it would help clean things up a bit. And really it would also at least give the player a bit of control of which server one would play on. Im not sure this can be done moving forward but I would hope it could. What we have now just isn't working properly in my book. The two things that really bother me is hit detection and heavy aim. Its just no fun!

Zippy.
Yvern wrote:
Yvern wrote:
Collet005 wrote:

Zippy.
Zippy.

So then that begs the question, " should Halo move forward with peer to peer or dedicated servers with the chance the game could have breaking features like heavy aim, which makes the overall game less about a consistent skill factor vs I have a high ping, so I won't have to worry about heavy aim while my opponents have to play with a handicap."
Yvern wrote:
Yvern wrote:
Collet005 wrote:

Zippy.
Zippy.

So then that begs the question, " should Halo move forward with peer to peer or dedicated servers with the chance the game could have breaking features like heavy aim, which makes the overall game less about a consistent skill factor vs I have a high ping, so I won't have to worry about heavy aim while my opponents have to play with a handicap."
Dedicated servers are always preferable to p2p. Why would you want to give one person an advantage? On p2p the host gets the advantage, and also has the ability to cheat.

What we need is to get rid of the higher ping players by allowing regional server selection. I get a 12ms ping to the Titanfall servers on a good day, and 20ms at busy times. That's so much better than Halo it's crazy. And to be honest if I was 343 I'd be embarrassed that a much smaller company can make a game that performs so much better.
Yvern wrote:
Yvern wrote:
Collet005 wrote:

Zippy.
Zippy.

Dedicated servers are always preferable to p2p. Why would you want to give one person an advantage? On p2p the host gets the advantage, and also has the ability to cheat.

What we need is to get rid of the higher ping players by allowing regional server selection. I get a 12ms ping to the Titanfall servers on a good day, and 20ms at busy times. That's so much better than Halo it's crazy. And to be honest if I was 343 I'd be embarrassed that a much smaller company can make a game that performs so much better.
There is no doubt that any Halo game moving forward should have server selection. What we have now is right down a shame! Titanfall2 out performs Halo hands down. There is no comparison. 343i priority number one should be performance! Nothing else matters in the game if performance is not there. When the developers of Titanfall2 said there top priority is going to be performance of the game.. Them weren't lying a bit! They did a fantastic job!

Zippy.
Yvern wrote:
Yvern wrote:
Collet005 wrote:

Zippy.
Zippy.

There is no doubt that any Halo game moving forward should have server selection. What we have now is right down a shame! Titanfall2 out performs Halo hands down. There is no comparison. 343i priority number one should be performance! Nothing else matters in the game if performance is not there. When the developers of Titanfall2 said there top priority is going to be performance of the game.. Them weren't lying a bit! They did a fantastic job!

Zippy.
Totally agree, if the game doesn't play properly or is just broken then nothing else matters at all. That sums it up well.

I had a game of Halo earlier, ran into the blue base as I knew someone was hiding around the corner but I had rockets. As I ran in, the screen froze, when it unfroze I was dead. Oh yay, such fun, dying to a crappy connection.

That game was awful, people teleporting around all over the place. Suffice to say, I hardly touch Halo lately, and it's almost entirely due to the poor connection. A few other things annoy me, like the complete silence from 343 on this issue. They made a thread asking for feedback on networking issues a few months back... then released a patch THAT DIDN'T FIX ANY NETWORK ISSUES AT ALL. How useless is that?
everybody just gave up? today has been a total disaster :-(
Ha Ha I don't think everyone gave up. But I will say the frustration of this issue has been mounting. Over the last few days many players ive randomly have played online with have been very vocal about this. When I say vocal I mean there were many players clearly upset and irate. There was one night where every game I played had the very heavy aim and slow movement issue going in full force. This wasn't just effecting me but everyone one on both teams. The players after the game in the lobby were all spitting fireballs. The only good thing about this was that no one was targeting each other but were fully calling out 343i on this matter. I have played Halo since birth. And ive heard many upset players overtime. But I have never seen this level of players upset to this degree ever! This game has gotten under the skin of many players to the point where there finally breaking.

Zippy.
wow, these guys know
I have really. Heavy aim has bothered me for a while but now there are loads of other issues that make the game miserable for me to play.

I think if you're a long time Halo fan with an average skill level and respect for the game then the experience is just plain awful with Halo 5. This is partly because of 343 but also because of the community and the type of players that are left playing the game.

Firstly there are very obvious issues from 343 like poor playlist choice on launch, heavy aim and all the other little things. Then there are more subtle things. For instance, the Matchmaking dude (Josh I think) said that competitive players are playing more social to relax which is unfortunately making social super sweaty. Then the players that just want a casual but fair game are playing ranked because they get stomped in social too often by better players making it sweaty. Personally I think these issues have driven away a lot of the players that respect the game.

Then you have the community. The game is full of smurfs, quitters and farmers all of whom have little respect for the integrity of the game. I've messaged people after close FFA matches saying GG and had replies asking what that even means. People don't enjoy the competitive side because it's fun; a lot of people just seem to want a high rank they can show off/trash other people with and don't play Halo for fun anymore.

Then you have the issues of being matched with poor players meaning you lose in spite of playing like a God. Or you play against people that are out of your league and just get -Yoink- on.

There seems to be more lag these days and I bet the player base is small. I think a lot of people are in the same boat as me in that they're either just not buying halo 6 or they're waiting to see how it is. If it's not the great game that Halo 5 could have been then I predict a massive drop in player numbers after launch. Many people, like me, have little patients left now.
Yvern wrote:
Yvern wrote:
Collet005 wrote:

Zippy.
Zippy.

This is actually a very good question to raise. The reason being having dedicated servers over peer to peer effects players all in a different way. Both I think have there good points. There is a couple of things that hurt the current H5 dedicated server locations. Problem number one is there location. The game is being hosted on preexisting data centers that are not geographically located proper for gaming. Problem number two is the current locations are not just there for gaming but all of MS company supports. Which means the traffic to these locations is going to be very busy with just everyday type operations MS has at these data centers. Problem number three tends to reflect back on location. Last time I checked there were a total of 10 data centers that are spread out over the US and Canada. That is an awful large area to cover with that number. And we really don't know if all these locations are even being utilized for H5. And as we all know H5 was rushed out the door to try and keep a dead line and im sure that doesn't help matters at all when it came to testing this. At the end of the day I think they expected to much out of these dedicated servers to actually do what they were ask to do. So even though this may not be the cause of the heavy aim the result is with a higher pings it magnifies the issue which really makes it worse and impossible to play just casually let alone competitively.

Zippy
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 19
  4. 20
  5. 21
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. ...
  9. 41