3. 21
  4. 22
  5. 23
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. ...
  9. 41
IWI IUI wrote:
I'm back after taking a break from this game and attending to some stuff IRL. I've decided to release what I previously stated I would never tell anyone since it appears this issue is never going to get fixed.

If you want to make the aiming a bit better, make a smurf and make that your new tag for halo. Don't Open any packs that give you permanent unlocks. Eg. Emblems, Weapon skins, Armor pieces. The more you have unlocked the heavier your aim is going to get. I assume this is because every permanent item you unlock gets loaded into the ram when your player profile loads and there simply isn't enough or some other issue exists. Every time you purchase one of those new content packs, it will get worse.
Op I had a hunch a long time ago that this maybe causing some of this. Thank you so much for sharing this. And this totally makes sense to me. Are you saying don't open any packs what so ever? Like your daily log in packs and daily win packs? Just don't open anything? Again thanks so much for sharing this info. Just the other night I was thinking on doing this just to see how the game played.
Well done!

Zippy.
Log-in packs and win packs are fine since they don't unlock anything permanent. Weapons for warzone and vehicles are fine. It's armor, weapon skins, stances, emblems, (and maybe armor mods I'm not sure) that are the problem.
IWI IUI wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:
I'm back after taking a break from this game and attending to some stuff IRL. I've decided to release what I previously stated I would never tell anyone since it appears this issue is never going to get fixed.

If you want to make the aiming a bit better, make a smurf and make that your new tag for halo. Don't Open any packs that give you permanent unlocks. Eg. Emblems, Weapon skins, Armor pieces. The more you have unlocked the heavier your aim is going to get. I assume this is because every permanent item you unlock gets loaded into the ram when your player profile loads and there simply isn't enough or some other issue exists. Every time you purchase one of those new content packs, it will get worse.
Op I had a hunch a long time ago that this maybe causing some of this. Thank you so much for sharing this. And this totally makes sense to me. Are you saying don't open any packs what so ever? Like your daily log in packs and daily win packs? Just don't open anything? Again thanks so much for sharing this info. Just the other night I was thinking on doing this just to see how the game played.
Well done!

Zippy.
Log-in packs and win packs are fine since they don't unlock anything permanent. Weapons for warzone and vehicles are fine. It's armor, weapon skins, stances, emblems, (and maybe armor mods I'm not sure) that are the problem.
I have everything unlocked, and I do experience "heavy aim". My aim feels different from game to game, and it is of course related to how long I've played (if I'm warmed up or not), but sometimes it just feels WAY TO DIFFERENT on one game, only to be "back to normal" in the next. The point I'm trying to make is that I do believe there is something fishy going on with the aim, AND hit-registration. I've gotten a lot of clips where people just won't die even though I definitely shoot them. Going via xboxdvr I can see that my gun fires a shot, with my targeting reticle dead on the enemy, yet I get no markers indicating a registered hit.
If there is a problem with the RAM on the XBOX ONE, it is probably how it handles READ/WRITE, rather than an actual shortage of RAM.... If it had a shortage of RAM the game shouldn't be able to run at all on the XBOX ONE, right? (If anyone feels like voiding their XBOX ONEs warranty, please, feel free to try changing RAM by increasing the storage capacity and speed!)

Anyhow, assuming there is a problem with RAM, what can I do to reduce the impact of it? Is there anything I can do, like resetting the RAM or similar, that can be done before every play-session?
IWI IUI wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:

You know that reminded me of when I would sell all my reqs and my aim would get better afterwards.
Selling reqs has no effect
To put it in perspective it would always increase the ammount of kills I could get in a game like an extra 50-100%.

Also I'm not really having issues when using power weapons too much mainly loadouts and some vehicles exhibit slow turning.
IWI IUI wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:

Well done!

Zippy.
I have everything unlocked, and I do experience "heavy aim". My aim feels different from game to game, and it is of course related to how long I've played (if I'm warmed up or not), but sometimes it just feels WAY TO DIFFERENT on one game, only to be "back to normal" in the next. The point I'm trying to make is that I do believe there is something fishy going on with the aim, AND hit-registration. I've gotten a lot of clips where people just won't die even though I definitely shoot them. Going via xboxdvr I can see that my gun fires a shot, with my targeting reticle dead on the enemy, yet I get no markers indicating a registered hit.
If there is a problem with the RAM on the XBOX ONE, it is probably how it handles READ/WRITE, rather than an actual shortage of RAM.... If it had a shortage of RAM the game shouldn't be able to run at all on the XBOX ONE, right? (If anyone feels like voiding their XBOX ONEs warranty, please, feel free to try changing RAM by increasing the storage capacity and speed!)

Anyhow, assuming there is a problem with RAM, what can I do to reduce the impact of it? Is there anything I can do, like resetting the RAM or similar, that can be done before every play-session?
I hard reset my Xbox between sessions and I feel like it helps. I started doing it because of the framerate issues on forge maps but it made everything feel a little more consistent imo.
IWI IUI wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:

Wow. Not just wow, but WOW. Makes so much sense, but here's a few reasons:
1. Explains how it seems to get worse for more people with every update as the game gets more bloated and more and more new Reqs are released.
2. Explains how some people continue to say some of these issues don't affect them. They probably don't open many packs and just play the game.
3. Explains why 343 is so silent on the issue because it will kill the micro sales.
4. Explains how you found that emptying the local cache might yield a temp improvement.

So much for lobbying for limitless customization options. I'm sure you will be challenged on this and maybe get some grief, but dude, I'd like to gift you Bunch of Req packs... ;-)
I'm sure you understand now why I didn't want to share this. And yes, I expect there to be conflict.
Of course I do. Without re-reading I seem to remember you saying that you believed 343 was aware of this issue. It essentially ruins the business model that H5 is built on. You spend $30 to $60 on the game and then some people spend an extra $100 (or a lot more) on Reqs in the game store. The ones who don't keep grinding for them, which is good for the population. Just look at all the new perm unlocks just made available before the HCS Worlds. I was so proud of my new emblem ;-( LOL Take that all away and well...

I would suggest you edit your OP with another update so this is not lost so deep in the thread that people miss the take away from all the work you and the people who have helped you put in.
I'm not too sure the full blame can go on the req system it's considerably worse in forged maps than in warzone.

It might be manageable by trying to find 2-3 different sensitivities for each different occasion. Though I'm not sure if heavy aim is much different from small arena maps to warzone.

Though while playing btb I did notice some thing odd my vertical sensitivity had increases but the horizontal decreased. So it didn't get heavier fully some part of it also had increased.
Here's another ironic aspect of this issue. When I watch the top players streaming H5 on line tourneys most of them stay warm between matches either in BTB or on a newer smurf in case they have to quit in order to join the next round. Then they jump back on their main to compete... and that's where you hear some of the most vigorous accusations of heavy and inconsistent aim.
IWI IUI wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:

Well done!

Zippy.

Honestly, I suspect there is a problem with total ram available. Forcing a memory dump through the persistent storage option grants temporary relief. Xbox one's OS has had memory dump options before. They claimed to have fixed with with a previous update. There have however been consistent complaints about it still being a problem.

If you have everything unlocked, that's a ton of images and models to be loading into the ram. I wouldn't be surprised if that was why spartan data is loaded into the game instead of the xbox's pre-loading all unlock meta-data to have everything covered already. As far as the read/write is concerned, that shouldn't be a factor once the game is started.

As far as upgrading the ram in the xbox one, it's impossible unfortunately. Even if you were to somehow physically get it in, there is no way the system would accept it.
I'm not too sure the full blame can go on the req system it's considerably worse in forged maps than in warzone.

It might be manageable by trying to find 2-3 different sensitivities for each different occasion. Though I'm not sure if heavy aim is much different from small arena maps to warzone.

Though while playing btb I did notice some thing odd my vertical sensitivity had increases but the horizontal decreased. So it didn't get heavier fully some part of it also had increased.
Forge has always been bad. I haven't played them since the update though.

Small maps should always have higher frames and put less stress on a system than large maps unless the object density has been thoroughly abused. The draw distance and lighting is such a huge factor in graphics capability. It's why you see better graphics in games that are typically small and enclosed. Just as an example Alien Isolation had far superior graphics compared to the other games at the time.
IWI IUI wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:

1. Explains how it seems to get worse for more people with every update as the game gets more bloated and more and more new Reqs are released.
2. Explains how some people continue to say some of these issues don't affect them. They probably don't open many packs and just play the game.
3. Explains why 343 is so silent on the issue because it will kill the micro sales.
4. Explains how you found that emptying the local cache might yield a temp improvement.

So much for lobbying for limitless customization options. I'm sure you will be challenged on this and maybe get some grief, but dude, I'd like to gift you Bunch of Req packs... ;-)
I'm sure you understand now why I didn't want to share this. And yes, I expect there to be conflict.
Of course I do. Without re-reading I seem to remember you saying that you believed 343 was aware of this issue. It essentially ruins the business model that H5 is built on. You spend $30 to $60 on the game and then some people spend an extra $100 (or a lot more) on Reqs in the game store. The ones who don't keep grinding for them, which is good for the population. Just look at all the new perm unlocks just made available before the HCS Worlds. I was so proud of my new emblem ;-( LOL Take that all away and well...

I would suggest you edit your OP with another update so this is not lost so deep in the thread that people miss the take away from all the work you and the people who have helped you put in.
I've updated the OP.

I think they are probably aware of it. The step backwards I was talking about was loading all these unlocks from the hdd instead of the ram. The hdd in the xbox is trash. Had they done it the other way, we would all be slowly loading and scrolling through the unlocks every time we opened the menu. Or if they split it halfway, loading armor pieces when we went to equip them slowly. It would have been a disaster for Halo's image as a forward game. Being that would have been immediately observable upon release, (unlike heavy aim) I can see why they chose that route.
IWI IUI wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:

Have you spread this information to pros and community members like Vetoed. This is just completely unacceptable that they treat this garbage as an E-Sport and say its made with competitive in mind. A video NEEDS to be made about this even if there's not a pop for this game to warrant so, THIS is something developers knew beforehand that this would be a problem in the game, but hoped that the Arena kids wouldn't touch WZ or reqs (even though reqs hold emblems, skins and armor) and that WZ kids would stay in WZ and not touch arena. Then they stay silent about this and try to not address it hoping that people wouldn't notice it. I remember that a team at HCS played breakout and just started to commit suicide on stream because pros didn't want the gamemode in competitive and guess what, it worked. If pros like Lethul were as vocal about these things like he was with H4 then maybe well have a playable game, but I for sure know if a video on this was made, it would catch on and show the ENTIRE gaming world what snakes 343 devs are and ALL potential E-sports teams and organizations wouldn't even think of partnering with 343 or have Halo 5 on their roster when the AIMER dosent function properly, but someone in our community must takeup arms and make a video on this to get something rolling.
IWI IUI wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:

Have you spread this information to pros and community members like Vetoed. This is just completely unacceptable that they treat this garbage as an E-Sport and say its made with competitive in mind. A video NEEDS to be made about this even if there's not a pop for this game to warrant so, THIS is something developers knew beforehand that this would be a problem in the game, but hoped that the Arena kids wouldn't touch WZ or reqs (even though reqs hold emblems, skins and armor) and that WZ kids would stay in WZ and not touch arena. Then they stay silent about this and try to not address it hoping that people wouldn't notice it. I remember that a team at HCS played breakout and just started to commit suicide on stream because pros didn't want the gamemode in competitive and guess what, it worked. If pros like Lethul were as vocal about these things like he was with H4 then maybe well have a playable game, but I for sure know if a video on this was made, it would catch on and show the ENTIRE gaming world what snakes 343 devs are and ALL potential E-sports teams and organizations wouldn't even think partnering with 343 or have Halo 5 on their roster when the AIMER dosent function properly, but someone in our community must takeup arms and make a video pn this to get something rolling.
That's kind of entitled bs to get to have that much of a say on what is and isn't a ranked option.
IWI IUI wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:

Have you spread this information to pros and community members like Vetoed. This is just completely unacceptable that they treat this garbage as an E-Sport and say its made with competitive in mind. A video NEEDS to be made about this even if there's not a pop for this game to warrant so, THIS is something developers knew beforehand that this would be a problem in the game, but hoped that the Arena kids wouldn't touch WZ or reqs (even though reqs hold emblems, skins and armor) and that WZ kids would stay in WZ and not touch arena. Then they stay silent about this and try to not address it hoping that people wouldn't notice it. I remember that a team at HCS played breakout and just started to commit suicide on stream because pros didn't want the gamemode in competitive and guess what, it worked. If pros like Lethul were as vocal about these things like he was with H4 then maybe well have a playable game, but I for sure know if a video on this was made, it would catch on and show the ENTIRE gaming world what snakes 343 devs are and ALL potential E-sports teams and organizations wouldn't even think partnering with 343 or have Halo 5 on their roster when the AIMER dosent function properly, but someone in our community must takeup arms and make a video pn this to get something rolling.
That's kind of entitled bs to get to have that much of a say on what is and isn't a ranked option.
What's BS is that this games AIMER is broken, but I agree with you that pros have a HUGE say when it comes to things of that nature and the fact that their treated like ambassadors for this game, but if they took the time to campaign on social media, not attend tourneys and things of that nature we could possibly see a solution to these things. All I'm saying is they have a lot more say than they think, if their vocal enough about it.
IWI IUI wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:

What's BS is that this games AIMER is broken, but I agree with you that pros have a HUGE say when it comes to things of that nature and the fact that their treated like ambassadors for this game, but if they took the time to campaign on social media, not attend tourneys and things of that nature we could possibly see a solution to these things. All I'm saying is they have a lot more say than they think, if their vocal enough about it.
I'm not talking about heavy aim. I'm talking about them having any kind of influence more than any other player.
IWI IUI wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:

I'm not talking about heavy aim. I'm talking about them having any kind of influence more than any other player.
"With great power comes great responsibility"- Bungie
IWI IUI wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:

"With great power comes great responsibility"- Bungie
Let's hope they don't use that power selfishly for their own gain but it's probably too late. It's not like they are listening to any high profile social players (not that any are high profile).

Thing with competitive players watching some tip channels I some times feel they can be a bit misleading at times and possibly giving a tip that isn't intirely true.
IWI IUI wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:

Well done!

Zippy.

Reminds me of the good ol days of Halo 3 terrible net code and by extension its terrible hit registration......those were the days lol
Zenith XT wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:

Well done!

Zippy.

Reminds me of the good ol days of Halo 3 terrible net code and by extension its terrible hit registration......those were the days lol
The problem that I have with what you stated is that, yes halo 3 had peer to peer problems, but here's the thing, it was insanely good back then on a console released a decade ago and still stands very well to this day, but your statment, correct me if I'm wrong, is trying to compare connection issues and weapon mechanics to fundemental flaws such as aiming in H5 on a console that is supposedly far superior to the 360, that is a huge difference and shouldn't be compared, "aiming" is a core feature to any FPS if that dosen't function properly then its a game considered broken by FPS standards and not only that, but the OP's discoveries reveal that 343 may have known this could be a problem, but decided to go through with it for the sake of microtransactions and stay silent about the issue. If this knowledge gets out on video and Esports, MLG and potential customers know this then they lose profits which is why they keep the topic underwraps even from pros who complain about it in private.
Zenith XT wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:

Well done!

Zippy.

The problem that I have with what you stated is that, yes halo 3 had peer to peer problems, but here's the thing, it was insanely good back then on a console released a decade ago and still stands very well to this day, but your statment, correct me if I'm wrong, is trying to compare connection issues and weapon mechanics to fundemental flaws such as aiming in H5 on a console that is supposedly far superior to the 360, that is a huge difference and shouldn't be compared, "aiming" is a core feature to any FPS if that dosen't function properly then its a game considered broken by FPS standards and not only that, but the OP's discoveries reveal that 343 may have known this could be a problem, but decided to go through with it for the sake of microtransactions and stay silent about the issue. If this knowledge gets out on video and Esports, MLG and potential customers know this then they lose profits which is why they keep the topic underwraps even from pros who complain about it in private.
You are misunderstanding my statement, it was only meant to be a joke showing that both games had their issues, correct me if I'm wrong but the big B also released their respective game knowing it had net code problem, just because the console was older does not excuse the fact they never attempted to fix it, just like 343 isn't excused for Halo 4 and the MCC.

As for the actual topic, I have yet notice this "heavy aiming" but I will not just throw the idea of it out, I just may not care to notice after playing Halo for over 16 years all their aiming systems feel relatively the same to me (except CE).
I have noticed that it seems like the aim is getting weirder over time...this is an interesting discovery.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 21
  4. 22
  5. 23
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. ...
  9. 41