2. ...
  3. 22
  4. 23
  5. 24
  6. 25
  7. 26
  8. ...
  9. 41
Yeah I've seen the same issues from the beginning. Heavy aim gets so frustrating. Also the limited servers make for a poor connection game which exaggerates the aiming issues. I won't ever buy a 343 game opening day again. I will rent before and try it. I should have know for how bad mcc was that halo 5 would struggle but being a huge halo fan I gave in. Lesson learned.
IWI IUI wrote:
I'm back after taking a break from this game and attending to some stuff IRL. I've decided to release what I previously stated I would never tell anyone since it appears this issue is never going to get fixed.

If you want to make the aiming a bit better, make a smurf and make that your new tag for halo. Don't Open any packs that give you permanent unlocks. Eg. Emblems, Weapon skins, Armor pieces. The more you have unlocked the heavier your aim is going to get. I assume this is because every permanent item you unlock gets loaded into the ram when your player profile loads and there simply isn't enough or some other issue exists. Every time you purchase one of those new content packs, it will get worse.
So I saw this post a few days ago and am now wondering if this is why at HCS events all of the players play on "new" accounts with their team names in front of their usual tag. Idk but I am going to try setting up an arena tag with out ever opening anything and just keep my normal tag for warzone.
Well, heavy aim and input lag is still very much a problem and reading OP´s update on reqs affecting it is just a sad testament to the poor strategic mistakes that 343 has made with H5.
Ok this is wierd my sensitivity felt too high so I turned it down a notch and it went up.
Ok this is wierd my sensitivity felt too high so I turned it down a notch and it went up.
Welcome to that consistency 343i holds in such high regard!
(By which I obviously refer to the consistently inconsistent gaming experience that is Halo 5: Guradians)
If this really is the issue, which i believe very well could be true, as OP says a fix is hard to come by. Guess its alt time. (meanwhile at 343i HQ its pure watergate shredding any information that they knew about this).

Its just so very sad. crap game is what it is atm for sure.
Did it just get worse for any one else? I put is up to max and it was still slow.

edit: unless this was what it normally was and it was over aiming more. I'm just not sure any more cause I'm getting to like the feel of it.

Are the servers stressed out? Every thing that could go wrong seems to be at its worst. Aim is slow with random increases for a split second. Spartan movement is sluggish. Damage delay is very inconsistent. It doesn't matter what search setting I use they are all the same.

I think some thing is up for sure cause I'm seeing the same people whether I'm on focused to expanded. I don't get how world championship is playing ok with all the crazy aiming and lag. I'm just so fed up with this game.
So I've just been watching the HCS Sunday broadcast (No spoilers) and they had to have a break in the middle of the Losers Bracket Final for something like a half hour or more for an undisclosed reason. The casters where saying things like "With this much money on the line the game has to be consistent and fair". So I don't know if heavy aim was the issue. I keep seeing a lot of players during the stream pressing start and doing the crosshair twiddle thing people to do when their aiming feels off.

As a few people have posted in here before at a previous HCS Lan event Optic complained about heavy aim and 343 went around switching off consoles to fix the issue. So heavy aim can occur on Lan and could easily have been affecting some of the pros.
Also I made myself a smurf and the aim does feel a bit better for me. Noticeably smoother.

It's sad that the people buying reqs like HCS and Team skins actually make the game worse for themselves.
Are the packs with no perm unlocks OK to open on smurfs or is it even the disposable reqs as well.

Played a little bit on a new account I'm thinking I might of had more of an issue with over aiming cause currently it's not much different with how my main is exept the smurf aim feels slower maybe. The vertical on my main feel off maybe but I can't tell for sure just by customs.
Are the packs with no perm unlocks OK to open on smurfs or is it even the disposable reqs as well.

Played a little bit on a new account I'm thinking I might of had more of an issue with over aiming cause currently it's not much different with how my main is exept the smurf aim feels slower maybe. The vertical on my main feel off maybe but I can't tell for sure just by customs.
How many unopened Reqs do you have? I haven't opened any Reqs on my new account and over a bit of time the aim does get a little funny. But all I do is a hard reset start to my xbox and that seemed to help. Also on my old account I still play and ive gotten the aim to work much better by just twitching the aim back and forth a lot and that seems to fix it. Another thing I tried last night was increase my sensitivity way up for one game and bring it back down the next game to where I had it.. then it plays fine. I honestly find all this so crazy I just cant believe it. But I will try anything to help it. There is something with in the game that loves to screw with the aim. Its a mystery to me.

Zippy

How many unopened Reqs do you have? I haven't opened any Reqs on my new account and over a bit of time the aim does get a little funny. But all I do is a hard reset start to my xbox and that seemed to help. Also on my old account I still play and ive gotten the aim to work much better by just twitching the aim back and forth a lot and that seems to fix it. Another thing I tried last night was increase my sensitivity way up for one game and bring it back down the next game to where I had it.. then it plays fine. I honestly find all this so crazy I just cant believe it. But I will try anything to help it. There is something with in the game that loves to screw with the aim. Its a mystery to me.

Zippy
I haven't opened any on my new account but I'm wondering if daily win/log in/ect packs are OK to open cause I need some thing at least in warzone. Even then there are some basic loadouts I could use and I'm wondering what damage is a little bit going to do.

Currently I am starting to think for sure I wasn't suffering from heavy aim but over aiming and what I thought was heavy aim was it just reducing. My new account does feel slightly smoother but it's very slight (going by actaul games). Even on max with it all up to ten it feels considerably smoother before it was like a mouse sensitivity that was all over the place (I don't know if that's a bad description I'm just going by what I've seen on YouTube).

Edit My main some is getting random increases for a split second I think. I think I might of said this before. It probably is the lack of aim assist maybe cause some times I can see it and other times it's non existing.

Zippy
I haven't opened any on my new account but I'm wondering if daily win/log in/ect packs are OK to open cause I need some thing at least in warzone. Even then there are some basic loadouts I could use and I'm wondering what damage is a little bit going to do.

Currently I am starting to think for sure I wasn't suffering from heavy aim but over aiming and what I thought was heavy aim was it just reducing. My new account does feel slightly smoother but it's very slight (going by actaul games). Even on max with it all up to ten it feels considerably smoother before it was like a mouse sensitivity that was all over the place (I don't know if that's a bad description I'm just going by what I've seen on YouTube).

Edit My main some is getting random increases for a split second I think. I think I might of said this before. It probably is the lack of aim assist maybe cause some times I can see it and other times it's non existing.
You can open daily login packs and daily win packs I think as they don't contain permanent unlocks.
Would be nice getting an official reply on this post?
S Monki wrote:
I know right? You'd think after 475 posts the issue might be acknowledged.

I said earlier in the thread I'd donate $100 to a charity of 343's choice if they spoke about heavy aim but they never will.

Someone has probably decided that the official stance is to never publicly discuss heavy aim so even if a 343 employee wanted to they can't admit that the game has always been fundamentally broken.
MIb2347 wrote:
S Monki wrote:

I said earlier in the thread I'd donate $100 to a charity of 343's choice if they spoke about heavy aim but they never will.

Someone has probably decided that the official stance is to never publicly discuss heavy aim so even if a 343 employee wanted to they can't admit that the game has always been fundamentally broken.
Em I think they have acknowledged it. Since they either had some attempted fix or some thing to analyse it in the last update I think.
Disposable reqs are fine. If you accidentally get a perma unlock or two, don't worry about it. The difference will be negligible. The effect is cumulative.
MIb2347 wrote:
S Monki wrote:

Em I think they have acknowledged it. Since they either had some attempted fix or some thing to analyse it in the last update I think.
I think it said "improvements to heavy aim" or something along those lines. But I don't consider that the same thing
How does halo's sensitivity numerically compare to other games? Are they all pretty similar?
MIb2347 wrote:
So I've just been watching the HCS Sunday broadcast (No spoilers) and they had to have a break in the middle of the Losers Bracket Final for something like a half hour or more for an undisclosed reason. The casters where saying things like "With this much money on the line the game has to be consistent and fair". So I don't know if heavy aim was the issue. I keep seeing a lot of players during the stream pressing start and doing the crosshair twiddle thing people to do when their aiming feels off.

As a few people have posted in here before at a previous HCS Lan event Optic complained about heavy aim and 343 went around switching off consoles to fix the issue. So heavy aim can occur on Lan and could easily have been affecting some of the pros.
Yeah a friend of mine went to that tournament, which was inside a tent weirdly enough ,and apparently the casters or staff had to bring dev kits because the game dosen't support lan and the other stations were having aiming issues while some people were fine, but other people had it pretty bad. Interestingly enough those same people were also complaing about input problems and spartans not moving as quickly on input.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 22
  4. 23
  5. 24
  6. 25
  7. 26
  8. ...
  9. 41