3. 23
  4. 24
  5. 25
  6. 26
  7. 27
  8. ...
  9. 41
IWI IUI wrote:
Disposable reqs are fine. If you accidentally get a perma unlock or two, don't worry about it. The difference will be negligible. The effect is cumulative.
Will it still be apparent if you've unlocked a few perma reqs?
IWI IUI wrote:
Disposable reqs are fine. If you accidentally get a perma unlock or two, don't worry about it. The difference will be negligible. The effect is cumulative.
Tried a fresh new account and you were right feels snappy and responsive with 10-15 % of heavy aim.
Are the packs with no perm unlocks OK to open on smurfs or is it even the disposable reqs as well.

Played a little bit on a new account I'm thinking I might of had more of an issue with over aiming cause currently it's not much different with how my main is exept the smurf aim feels slower maybe. The vertical on my main feel off maybe but I can't tell for sure just by customs.
How many unopened Reqs do you have? I haven't opened any Reqs on my new account and over a bit of time the aim does get a little funny. But all I do is a hard reset start to my xbox and that seemed to help. Also on my old account I still play and ive gotten the aim to work much better by just twitching the aim back and forth a lot and that seems to fix it. Another thing I tried last night was increase my sensitivity way up for one game and bring it back down the next game to where I had it.. then it plays fine. I honestly find all this so crazy I just cant believe it. But I will try anything to help it. There is something with in the game that loves to screw with the aim. Its a mystery to me.

Zippy
I haven't opened any on my new account but I'm wondering if daily win/log in/ect packs are OK to open cause I need some thing at least in warzone. Even then there are some basic loadouts I could use and I'm wondering what damage is a little bit going to do.

Currently I am starting to think for sure I wasn't suffering from heavy aim but over aiming and what I thought was heavy aim was it just reducing. My new account does feel slightly smoother but it's very slight (going by actaul games). Even on max with it all up to ten it feels considerably smoother before it was like a mouse sensitivity that was all over the place (I don't know if that's a bad description I'm just going by what I've seen on YouTube).

Edit My main some is getting random increases for a split second I think. I think I might of said this before. It probably is the lack of aim assist maybe cause some times I can see it and other times it's non existing.
The Op did mention the daily win/log packs are ok to open. I myself am not going to open anything. I don't want nothing to do with any Req packs myself. If it was up to me I wish we could turn the whole Req system off..My new account is just for Arena. You are probably experiencing the heavy aim effect but just in a very minor way. If your aim gets even a little quirky that's a little effect of the heavy aim just not in its severe form. On my new account I can turn my sensitivity up and the aim stays smooth and not hard to control. I like my sensitivity at 4 and my acceleration at 3.. Im going to run it at that for awhile and adjust it accordingly.. My only concern is will having unopened Reqs built up overtime cause a problem. I think I already have like 48. And I know that number will climb a lot tonight.

Zippy
IWI IUI wrote:
Will it still be apparent if you've unlocked a few perma reqs?
My arena account has maybe 5 armors and 5 helmets unlocked. It hasn't been enough to sway me to play on a brand new smurf.
Are the packs with no perm unlocks OK to open on smurfs or is it even the disposable reqs as well.

Played a little bit on a new account I'm thinking I might of had more of an issue with over aiming cause currently it's not much different with how my main is exept the smurf aim feels slower maybe. The vertical on my main feel off maybe but I can't tell for sure just by customs.
How many unopened Reqs do you have? I haven't opened any Reqs on my new account and over a bit of time the aim does get a little funny. But all I do is a hard reset start to my xbox and that seemed to help. Also on my old account I still play and ive gotten the aim to work much better by just twitching the aim back and forth a lot and that seems to fix it. Another thing I tried last night was increase my sensitivity way up for one game and bring it back down the next game to where I had it.. then it plays fine. I honestly find all this so crazy I just cant believe it. But I will try anything to help it. There is something with in the game that loves to screw with the aim. Its a mystery to me.

Zippy
I haven't opened any on my new account but I'm wondering if daily win/log in/ect packs are OK to open cause I need some thing at least in warzone. Even then there are some basic loadouts I could use and I'm wondering what damage is a little bit going to do.

Currently I am starting to think for sure I wasn't suffering from heavy aim but over aiming and what I thought was heavy aim was it just reducing. My new account does feel slightly smoother but it's very slight (going by actaul games). Even on max with it all up to ten it feels considerably smoother before it was like a mouse sensitivity that was all over the place (I don't know if that's a bad description I'm just going by what I've seen on YouTube).

Edit My main some is getting random increases for a split second I think. I think I might of said this before. It probably is the lack of aim assist maybe cause some times I can see it and other times it's non existing.
The Op did mention the daily win/log packs are ok to open. I myself am not going to open anything. I don't want nothing to do with any Req packs myself. If it was up to me I wish we could turn the whole Req system off..My new account is just for Arena. You are probably experiencing the heavy aim effect but just in a very minor way. If your aim gets even a little quirky that's a little effect of the heavy aim just not in its severe form. On my new account I can turn my sensitivity up and the aim stays smooth and not hard to control. I like my sensitivity at 4 and my acceleration at 3.. Im going to run it at that for awhile and adjust it accordingly.. My only concern is will having unopened Reqs built up overtime cause a problem. I think I already have like 48. And I know that number will climb a lot tonight.

Zippy
Unopened reqs have no effect. In terms of programming, unopened packs are just tokens with no content until they are opened. Even If they are loaded into the ram, it would be an incredibly small amount of memory. I've got almost 300 on a smurf and it has made no noticeable difference.
Beyond me that 343 hasn't replied to this at all...
So would not wearing any of the permanent unlocks help this? Why would just having access to them be a problem? This sort of seems far fetched to me.
MIb2347 wrote:
So I've just been watching the HCS Sunday broadcast (No spoilers) and they had to have a break in the middle of the Losers Bracket Final for something like a half hour or more for an undisclosed reason. The casters where saying things like "With this much money on the line the game has to be consistent and fair". So I don't know if heavy aim was the issue. I keep seeing a lot of players during the stream pressing start and doing the crosshair twiddle thing people to do when their aiming feels off.

As a few people have posted in here before at a previous HCS Lan event Optic complained about heavy aim and 343 went around switching off consoles to fix the issue. So heavy aim can occur on Lan and could easily have been affecting some of the pros.
Yeah a friend of mine went to that tournament, which was inside a tent weirdly enough ,and apparently the casters or staff had to bring dev kits because the game dosen't support lan and the other stations were having aiming issues while some people were fine, but other people had it pretty bad. Interestingly enough those same people were also complaing about input problems and spartans not moving as quickly on input.
Thanks for posting that. I was guessing it was heavy aim because they wouldn't say specifically what the issue was, just that it compromised the integrity of the game.

I haven't heard any pros complain about it though which is odd to me.
MIb2347 wrote:
MIb2347 wrote:
So I've just been watching the HCS Sunday broadcast (No spoilers) and they had to have a break in the middle of the Losers Bracket Final for something like a half hour or more for an undisclosed reason. The casters where saying things like "With this much money on the line the game has to be consistent and fair". So I don't know if heavy aim was the issue. I keep seeing a lot of players during the stream pressing start and doing the crosshair twiddle thing people to do when their aiming feels off.

As a few people have posted in here before at a previous HCS Lan event Optic complained about heavy aim and 343 went around switching off consoles to fix the issue. So heavy aim can occur on Lan and could easily have been affecting some of the pros.
Yeah a friend of mine went to that tournament, which was inside a tent weirdly enough ,and apparently the casters or staff had to bring dev kits because the game dosen't support lan and the other stations were having aiming issues while some people were fine, but other people had it pretty bad. Interestingly enough those same people were also complaing about input problems and spartans not moving as quickly on input.
Thanks for posting that. I was guessing it was heavy aim because they wouldn't say specifically what the issue was, just that it compromised the integrity of the game.

The pros from out of state on station B were complaining about it and supposedly Jimbo (Out-of state pro) tweeted that it was only dealt with when a Top team complained about it. I think they had like a 40 minute intermission on stream because of it, sad really cuz this problem is also silently killing the competitive scene.
MIb2347 wrote:
MIb2347 wrote:

The pros from out of state on station B were complaining about it and supposedly Jimbo (Out-of state pro) tweeted that it was only dealt with when a Top team complained about it. I think they had like a 40 minute intermission on stream because of it, sad really cuz this problem is also silently killing the competitive scene.
Do you have any links to that? Because it's pretty big that he said that. The intermission was between game 2-3 of the losers bracket semi final.

This is what I found:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JimboGPK/status/845749093368578049
MIb2347 wrote:
MIb2347 wrote:
MIb2347 wrote:

Do you have any links to that? Because it's pretty big that he said that. The intermission was between game 2-3 of the losers bracket semi final.

This is what I found:

Kinda funny about the "clean sweep for red team" prediction huh? ...or not.
I did hear vetoed say that the higher the acceleration the more problematic it becomes but I'm not sure if that was to do with heavy or over aim. I think it might of been over aim though.
Texibus wrote:
So would not wearing any of the permanent unlocks help this? Why would just having access to them be a problem? This sort of seems far fetched to me.
As for your first question, I doubt it. The only thing that could be affected in that scenario is your frames from your weapons skins on your screen. Unless there are skins that are significantly more graphically intensive, (which is unlikely) there wouldn't be any difference.

Perma unlocks are loaded with your player profile into the ram when you launch the game. The xbox only has 8 gigs and has memory dump issues.
I did hear vetoed say that the higher the acceleration the more problematic it becomes but I'm not sure if that was to do with heavy or over aim. I think it might of been over aim though.
Heavy aim causes over aim. With slowed acceleration you instinctively push the stick farther to compensate. Pegged state kicks in sooner and takes longer to get out of because of it. If the player moves the opposite direction, you then have to force the stick all the way to the edge to compensate and the effect is even worse.
MIb2347 wrote:
MIb2347 wrote:

Makes me wonder if the team that lost was dealt a bad hand. Was the losing team treated fairly or did they lose to the heavy aim effect?? When you have this interfering with competitive play for money this is very serious. And do we really know that all the pros know about the heavy aim issue or effect?? Either way this opens up a lot of speculation in my book. Because of this issue alone this should default H5 from competitive play or tournaments until the issue is fixed permanently. How can teams truly play this with confidence knowing this issue could pop up at any time and even worse only start effecting one team before its already to late. Halo 5 should no longer be able to compete in tournaments in this nature until this problem is resolved..

Zippy.
MIb2347 wrote:
MIb2347 wrote:
MIb2347 wrote:

This is what I found:

Yeah basically that and Ninja himself on stream was talking about how awful it was playing at station B.
MIb2347 wrote:
MIb2347 wrote:

Makes me wonder if the team that lost was dealt a bad hand. Was the losing team treated fairly or did they lose to the heavy aim effect?? When you have this interfering with competitive play for money this is very serious. And do we really know that all the pros know about the heavy aim issue or effect?? Either way this opens up a lot of speculation in my book. Because of this issue alone this should default H5 from competitive play or tournaments until the issue is fixed permanently. How can teams truly play this with confidence knowing this issue could pop up at any time and even worse only start effecting one team before its already to late. Halo 5 should no longer be able to compete in tournaments in this nature until this problem is resolved..

Zippy.
Oh believe me, the Pros definitely know that this is a problem. A couple of them want the devs to implement some sort of lan feature, but that's even harder than actually fixing the heavy aim issue itself. Heavy aim, sluggish movement and things of those nature were affecting station B which is why one of the casters said that "With this much money on the line, the games have to be consistent and fair." Halo 5 shouldn't even be considered an E-sport because of FP-"S" part isn't properly functioning. In the beginning of this game, we used to have 500 + teams enter, now it's less than 100 teams entering and I know a lot of them are inactive from the scene itself for setting reasons, but also because of heavy aim affecting players randomly which really messes with a lot of people's 1 on 1 scenarios and causes players to drop gunfights because the game itself won't allow people to aim properly. Like I said earlier, this problem is silently killing the competitive scene.
MIb2347 wrote:
MIb2347 wrote:

Zippy.
I agree with you, but the issue with what you said and with this whole problem is lack of viewable evidence which shows beyond any doubt that the aim, on identical settings, behaves radically different from game to game, and is connected to specific, identifiable issues like RAM, server connection, memory dump, etc. If that was available and made public, 343 would have serious liability running tourneys with million dollar prize pools played on a broken game, unless they took action or instituted different rules/parameters for tournament play. But absent that we only have a rather vocal group of complainers. Not taking anything at all away from Optic as IMO they are godly in their dominance. BUT if the blue side of MainStage was having issues enough to stop for 45 mins and try to fix it that's not right. NV would stand a better chance of collecting their $500K by quitting Halo and going to law school.

This is an honest question. Is there any single, dominant, governing board or oversight committee for E-sports? Does it provide a vehicle to challenge tournament results? Or do players just have to accept disconnects in online tourneys and other problems on LAN? Is it just a bunch of promoters and devs making coin off these kids?

Like I've said before if you want to make plastic toys for kids, fine. If you want to make a competitive, balanced platform for serious competition, that's fine too, but it better work as such and be fair. I've learned a lot from this thread and others. I'm using some of Wu Ip Man's info to try to tweak my aim, but it's just a game to me and I'll never be a pro. The young kids hoping otherwise deserve honest answers and fair play.
MIb2347 wrote:
MIb2347 wrote:

Zippy.
I agree with you, but the issue with what you said and with this whole problem is lack of viewable evidence which showsbeyond any doubtthat the aim, on identical settings, behaves radically different from game to game, and is connected to specific, identifiable issues like RAM, server connection, memory dump, etc. If that was available and made public, 343 would have serious liability running tourneys with million dollar prize pools played on a broken game, unless they took action or instituted different rules/parameters for tournament play. But absent that we only have a rather vocal group of complainers. Not taking anything at all away from Optic as IMO they are godly in their dominance. BUT if the blue side of MainStage was having issues enough to stop for 45 mins and try to fix it that's not right. NV would stand a better chance of collecting their $500K by quitting Halo and going to law school.

This is an honest question. Is there any single, dominant, governing board or oversight committee for E-sports? Does it provide a vehicle to challenge tournament results? Or do players just have to accept disconnects in online tourneys and other problems on LAN? Is it just a bunch of promoters and devs making coin off these kids?

Like I've said before if you want to make plastic toys for kids, fine. If you want to make a competitive, balanced platform for serious competition, that's fine too, but it better work as such and be fair. I've learned a lot from this thread and others. I'm using some of Wu Ip Man's info to try to tweak my aim, but it's just a game to me and I'll never be a pro. The young kids hoping otherwise deserve honest answers and fair play.
Thing is during the HWC every thing had gone to -Yoink-. How come they weren't effected.
I just got some thing different than normal heavy aim. It was moving in directions I wasn't inputting it felt like I was curving as I was trying to give linear inputs. Or an other way of trying to explain it was it was heavily delayed. It got worse the closer I was to the enemy.

i feel like the game is just -Yoinking!- with me now
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 23
  4. 24
  5. 25
  6. 26
  7. 27
  8. ...
  9. 41