6. 35
  7. 36
  8. ...
  9. 41
RollCats wrote:
The Limpo wrote:
The Limpo wrote:
Aykibaby wrote:
Woooow. Guys in the Teambeyond-topic Unyshek joined in! http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/15295-i-have-devised-a-way-to-demonstrate-heavy-aim/page-4

Finally, we made them listen... actually it was more like you, the hard working guys with all the testing, did it. Congraz to all of you @OP & @MIb2347 & to all the testers etc pp. This feels so satisfying.

Now I hope they keep informing us. Transparency would be awesome.

Thx Unyshek!
First off, nice work @OP & @MIb2347!
Maybe we can finally get this resolved, or at the very least dare hope a Halo game will NEVER again release with a broken aiming system.

Secondly, really @Unyshek ?!
Now you (as a figure of 343i) "bother" to give this topic ANY kind of response, and you won't even do it on the official Halo forum (Waypoint) ?!
This topic has been alive for months (since 1/8/2017)!!
People has REPEATEDLY asked for 343i to chime in on the topic, and you have the audacity to respond ON A DIFFERENT FORUM!!
Why does 343i even bother with having Waypoint if you won't respond to the people using it?

343i seriously needs a new PR-manager, and new PR-policies. This kind of communication with your customers/consumers (you know, the people that make sure you get payed at the end of the day!) is going to have serious backlash.
Since Mib made the thread with the amazing post on Beyond I find it most fitting for Unyshek to respond there. I am just glad we finally got a real response to this matter. Wherever it is :)
That is true, Mib did make the topic there and I understand why Unyshek replied there instead of here, it made sense this time but I think LovelyJoey21605 has a point that it seems like more times then not 343I either 1) just generally always replies on other sites to topics in general way more then topics on Waypoint​, thy OFFICIAL Halo site and/or 2) News, press releases and so forth seem to always be announced everywhere else first (Team Beyond, Reddit, Twitter etc) over Waypoint, again the OFFICIAL Halo site.

I sometimes wonder why I even bother coming on Waypoint for anything when I always and I mean ALWAYS hear things first somewhere else and questions/topics seem to get a lot more "love" per say everywhere else aswell. It's sad really...
Yeah, like @Aykibaby said it's the communication from 343 overall. Since I do hang out on Team Beyond quiet often I know that they are not very present there either. I know Reddit get some love sometimes, but I don't think they are that much over there either. Don't know what their presence is on Neogaf since I never visits that site. So I think it's the communication overall that is lacking. And I think Twitter is a good platform that reaches out to all these communities, so they should be most active there. Which they haven't been, but I know they are starting to be now.

Edit: But I do think they read A LOT of the stuff on Waypoint even though they don't respond. More so than other forums.
Just overall the way they​ communicate and handle things could use improvement.It literally took two years for them to even acknowledge the heavy aim issue.It also took two years for them to finally acknowledge that autos,and splinters need a rework.Or when they tried to use radar for comp play.These are all major issues that need to be fixed within weeks not two years.The positive is that if this is fixed halo as an esport will grow.
where did they talk about autos and splinters needing re-work? source? just interested
Check out Tashi's update in the community > HCS forum.
Thanks!!
Do we have intelfrom 343 since Uny joined Teambeyond? Tried yesterday a few matches... felt incredibly sluggish and irresponsive.
Since this game needs a lot of space on the hard drive, I'm unsure if keeping it is wise.

Is there new info on Twitter/Teambeyond/Reddit whatever? Did @Unyshek say anything else?

I'm slowly losing any hope...
Aykibaby wrote:
Do we have intelfrom 343 since Uny joined Teambeyond? Tried yesterday a few matches... felt incredibly sluggish and irresponsive.
Since this game needs a lot of space on the hard drive, I'm unsure if keeping it is wise.

Is there new info on Twitter/Teambeyond/Reddit whatever? Did @Unyshek say anything else?

I haven't heard of anything new. But things like this do seem to take time. Which imo takes a bit to much time. Ive been playing a few games here and there and it felt very sluggish and irresponsive. So much so that I only played a few games. I can tell right from the start of a game when I move whether or not its going to be a good game or not. Very rarely does it ever perform proper. What worries me why we don't see more players talking about it is simply a lot of players have moved on.. Also a lot of players are also pushing this off as a match making issue or skill gap issue when in reality its not. This heavy aim and sluggish movement is the effect of why players think there is a skill gap or match making issue. So many things are effected by this it creates many other issues. Another prime example would be why so many players hate Spartan Charge. They hate it most likely because they cant react to it. If you have the sluggish movement there is no way you could respond to it. So as you can see how severe this issue really is..
Aykibaby wrote:

I haven't heard of anything new. But things like this do seem to take time. Which imo takes a bit to much time. Ive been playing a few games here and there and it felt very sluggish and irresponsive. So much so that I only played a few games. I can tell right from the start of a game when I move whether or not its going to be a good game or not. Very rarely does it ever perform proper. What worries me why we don't see more players talking about it is simply a lot of players have moved on.. Also a lot of players are also pushing this off as a match making issue or skill gap issue when in reality its not. This heavy aim and sluggish movement is the effect of why players think there is a skill gap or match making issue. Id bet the farm on that!
I just got sick and tired of complaining. Doesn't seem to do any good telling them something's messed up. Some they fix, this one doesn't get fixed.
BadDogg55 wrote:
Aykibaby wrote:

I haven't heard of anything new. But things like this do seem to take time. Which imo takes a bit to much time. Ive been playing a few games here and there and it felt very sluggish and irresponsive. So much so that I only played a few games. I can tell right from the start of a game when I move whether or not its going to be a good game or not. Very rarely does it ever perform proper. What worries me why we don't see more players talking about it is simply a lot of players have moved on.. Also a lot of players are also pushing this off as a match making issue or skill gap issue when in reality its not. This heavy aim and sluggish movement is the effect of why players think there is a skill gap or match making issue. Id bet the farm on that!
I just got sick and tired of complaining. Doesn't seem to do any good telling them something's messed up. Some they fix, this one doesn't get fixed.
I feel your pain. Make no mistake about it. It is very hard to keep at it with out some support from 343i.. I just hope they come up with some sort of a fix or I fear this may linger into Halo6. I really do wish 343i would chime in here. We could use a good pep talk about this issue. We are not here to make up issues we are here to help express our concerns and issues we are having. This effects so many functions of the game this just cant go unanswered..
Yesterday i've played few matches, in one i had 62% of accuracy, the next one 32% .....then i quitted...
I'm not sure if it better finding a sence that is effected minimally and just get used to the minimal changes or to keep changing it so it's near a constant sense.
I'm not sure if it better finding a sence that is effected minimally and just get used to the minimal changes or to keep changing it so it's near a constant sense.
I would probably just find something that feels good and leave it. I think it's too much to have to think about and adjust to getting used to a different sensitivity or acceleration every game.

I know aiming can feel different from game to game, but I think this could mess with muscle memory too much. If you need to change something, I would leave your sensitivity the same and just tweak the acceleration whenever it starts to feel bad.

I'm pretty much affected by heavy aim every game so I just found something that felt decent and stuck with it, even though it still feels terrible.
I would probably just find something that feels good and leave it. I think it's too much to have to think about and adjust to getting used to a different sensitivity or acceleration every game.

I know aiming can feel different from game to game, but I think this could mess with muscle memory too much. If you need to change something, I would leave your sensitivity the same and just tweak the acceleration whenever it starts to feel bad.

I'm pretty much affected by heavy aim every game so I just found something that felt decent and stuck with it, even though it still feels terrible.
Well said. Im curious to know what sensitivity are you using and what acceleration are you using? If you care to share. I find it to be good info. I tend to be effect by the heavy aim in all my games as well. Which is so horrible really. Words cant even explain the frustration..

Well said. Im curious to know what sensitivity are you using and what acceleration are you using? If you care to share. I find it to be good info. I tend to be effect by the heavy aim in all my games as well. Which is so horrible really. Words cant even explain the frustration..
3 sens, 3 accel. If I get really heavy games I bump it up to 4 accel.

I've used 2, 5; 3, 5; and 4, 2 in the past and found them all pretty similar.

Thanks for sharing! Looks like we have similar settings. Everything you said ive tried and agree with. Thanks again! :) Looks like we are in the same boat then! lol.

Thanks for sharing! Looks like we have similar settings. Everything you said ive tried and agree with. Thanks again! :) Looks like we are in the same boat then! lol.
3 sens with 5 accel creates some of the worst heavy aim around. Coincidentally, it's the only sensitivity that feels completely right for me when it works.

3 sens with 5 accel creates some of the worst heavy aim around. Coincidentally, it's the only sensitivity that feels completely right for me when it works.
SECOND this. From bad -Yoink- games where the aim is responsive, and you can carry, to sluggish games where your reticle is at the end of a fishing pole carrying a 30lb bucket of water. And you drag your team down, because all you can do at that point is play super conservatively and try to minimize the damage, because you ain't gonna win any 1v1.
RDub78 wrote:

SECOND this. From bad -Yoink- games where the aim is responsive, and you can carry, to sluggish games where your reticle is at the end of a fishing pole carrying a 30lb bucket of water. And you drag your team down, because all you can do at that point is play super conservatively and try to minimize the damage, because you ain't gonna win any 1v1.
When I was still playing Halo 5 for a few hours everyday I could still play pretty well when I had the issues, but since I've went back to only PC now I'm sure I'd get destroyed if it happened. (seriously though they have to put a new halo game on PC! I would still be playing a ton now if Halo 5 was)
My current settings im using are this.
2.5 H
5.5 V.
3 accel.
That's about as stable of settings I can find. Still feels way to slow. And isn't nowhere near a sweet spot. If I go up then the aim becomes way to funky. Very erratic and very uncontrollable. Sure I can crank up my sensitivity and get it to feel not so slow but then my aim is all over the place.. Heck if I played the same map twice neither of those two games ever play similar. Very inconsistent from one another. There is some inner force that is causing this and im not sure if its in the aiming itself or if it is something else that causes this issue to the aiming..
I know this might not be the right place, but what is heavy aiming. I get the idea it's a problem that people would like fixed, but I really don't know what it is.
I know this might not be the right place, but what is heavy aiming. I get the idea it's a problem that people would like fixed, but I really don't know what it is.
You could try to read the op. Just an idea.
My current settings im using are this.
2.5 H
5.5 V.
3 accel.
That's about as stable of settings I can find. Still feels way to slow. And isn't nowhere near a sweet spot. If I go up then the aim becomes way to funky. Very erratic and very uncontrollable. Sure I can crank up my sensitivity and get it to feel not so slow but then my aim is all over the place.. Heck if I played the same map twice neither of those two games ever play similar. Very inconsistent from one another. There is some inner force that is causing this and im not sure if its in the aiming itself or if it is something else that causes this issue to the aiming..
What I found to be stable was 3-4h 3v 2a. What I went for when I was imagining how I wanted the controls was some thing that's the same verticaly as it is horizontal. What I used to use was 10h 3v 1a with the idea being to try keep the aim level with quick turning but it has huge differences from game to game.

It could be caused by a glitch in the profile settings cause I've had quite a few games were my button layout changes but in the menu it hasn't changed. When ever this happens I can no longer ground pound which is a custom setting which I wonder could also be the cause of random changes in aim assist.
It seems like a lot of folks here don't understand multiplayer games in regards to the networking that takes place between the server and the client.

Stuff like dying when you know you made it around the corner etc is a simple limitation of current methodologies used in multiplayer game development.

Furthermore the relationship between the client and server with respect to how the client sees the world and the server sees the world is misunderstood at best. Take a minute to read this article regarding the subject. These principles (interpolation etc) are very old and very standard, I'd be very surprised if somehow 343 messed up when developing these, or furthermore was unable to resolve any particular issue or deficiency in reconciliation or interpolation.

http://www.gabrielgambetta.com/fpm1.html
Greetings fellow HaloLovers :-)

The work done by some of the waypoint members during the last coupple of months has been astonishing !
special thanks to MIb2347 and Wu Ip Man for the great insight and effort ! i have been following your progress over at "beyond" and "reddit", GREAT WORK !

I am big fan of the series and consider my self in the "very active player" group. I play on a daily basis, but finding it increasingly hard to keep my enthusiasm up when logging in to play. This goes for all of my friends playing Halo 5 online

The connection here in parts of Europe is beyond terrible for majority of the games we play. My ping to the azure servers lies somewhere between 40-60 ms. When playing other games on the servers such as "gears of war" i have no problems at all.

The heavy aiming issue is something that has been bugging us for months, but have learned to accept as a part of the gaming experience. Dont get me wrong, this is a huge issue we still hope gets sorted out, but the hopes are fading with 343s lack of communication.

Some games are so bad that i am unable to kill a single player even if i have a 2 shot pistol/BR advantage. The feeling of having the slower firerate, no auto aim and shots continuously not registering is absolutely overwelming. Combine this with the heavy aim and people having what seems like insane movement speed and you have yourself a sweet little coctail of "JOINKED" right there.

The movement feels like my spartan has a ironchain tied to one side of the map, struggeling to gain a single inch closer to the other side. Button-clicks not registering ( when trying to clambre or thrust nothing happens,this is not my controller as the few good connection games they works just fine and i have been through 3 elite controllers all behaving in the exact same way)

Getting killed in what seems like 2 shots with the pistol, and on the other side not beeing able to kill a single player with a whole clip. Also getting shot way around corners and 5ived in every 1v1 encounter.

I rarely experience any kind of "delay" lag with shots or grenades having a delayed reaction from the trigger pull, but the problems mentioned above is beyond worse than any other halo game i have played having this "delay" issue.

I know for a fact that everything is fine on my end having an open NAT and 100/100 connection

Does anyone else experience these other problems besides the "Heavy aim"? , it may be a dumb question but bear with me :-)

After getting some frustration off my back, lets get to my main concern with how this is beeing handled by 343:

Every week i keep my hopes up reading the "community update" but this only contains warzone clips, map tweeks and information regarding Halo wars.
I dont know if 343 even reads the forums, hell i am starting to worry that they dont even care !

The work done by MIb2347 finaly gave me some hope, but the SILENCE the last 2 weeks from 343 makes me doubt anything will ever improve. My point beeing: why cant we have a game developer that is honest with the playerbase supporting their game.

343 we sincerly ask you ! will these issues ever get the attention they deserve?
or will you continue to keep your biggest fans in the dark?

mabye write something about the problem getting "Looked into by the developers" in your next community update if this is the case?
Or if it cant be fixed just be honest with your fans, i understand its a hard call but the right one for sure.

I am from Norway, sorry if my english is a bit OFF.

Love from vikingpowah
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 32
  4. 33
  5. 34
  6. 35
  7. 36
  8. ...
  9. 41