2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. ...
  9. 41
I have noticed also that sometimes a melee does nothing. I have also thrown grenades that are either really delayed or never get thrown ( always at a critical time). To me the magnum feels nerfed as of recently.
What I did notice last night was I would sprint and the spartan would stop sprinting. Multiple times. Also a few times I would be walking or running forward and it felt like there was push back almost like a resistance to my spartan.
x Spades x wrote:
I get frustrated with the non switching of weapons... also not registering my melee really hurts. To me, I'm not noticing the blatant things. My accuracy is always high 50s, it's just that I feel like I'm moving slower than everyone else. Almost like I can hit shots but it takes me a split second longer and it seems like everyone else can just fire away and KILL me. I'm normally an ONYX 1850ish level and I went all the way down to Diamond 2 in one messed up afternoon/evening. The struggle is REAL!!!
The feeling of being a half second slower than everyone else, with no blatant signs puzzles my own abilities... but then I play Halo 2 Anniversary games and the cream always rises to the top... wtf???
Pro player Frosty: "it also feels like my Spartan is constantly underwater along with my Aimer when playing online"
I've had it were my movement feels slower as well.

I'm getting sick of having to change my sense constantly to find some thing familiar.
it will never be fixed its too late for that.
Thing is, is it the fixes to certain things that maybe blow these things up. Cause some issues didn't become an issue or made it an issue worse after an supposed fix.
Thing is, is it the fixes to certain things that maybe blow these things up. Cause some issues didn't become an issue or made it an issue worse after an supposed fix.
i haven't really seen updates make things worse
One of the things that I forgot to mention is that I find it much harder to stabilize jump if I play on balanced vs focused.

On focused I can press LT to aim down sights and then click the left thumbstick to stabilize at the exact same time. Whereas on balanced if I press both at the same time it doesn't register. I have to press LT and then consciously wait before I press sprint to stabilize.

I've just had an idea as I'm writing this. If I can make a button that controls the input for both aim down sights and sprint with one button press then that would allow me to test what I've said happens to me.
i haven't really seen updates make things worse
For me the connection to the game was fine when it came out it only got worse over time with fixes/changes and it did nothing but cause things to get worse. And heavy aim seemed to get way more erratic after it got its 1st update.
MIb2347 wrote:
One of the things that I forgot to mention is that I find it much harder to stabilize jump if I play on balanced vs focused.

On focused I can press LT to aim down sights and then click the left thumbstick to stabilize at the exact same time. Whereas on balanced if I press both at the same time it doesn't register. I have to press LT and then consciously wait before I press sprint to stabilize.

I've just had an idea as I'm writing this. If I can make a button that controls the input for both aim down sights and sprint with one button press then that would allow me to test what I've said happens to me.
Abilities are very temper mental with the slightest bit of latency effecting them. In customs alone they get significantly easier to do but near impossible in forge.

I can't use stabilisation effectively 9/10
I can't thrust slides 6/10
I can't do the thrust trick jumps (the one that's basicly a jetpack or wall run) 10/10
Man cannon thrust jumps are very inaccurate for perfect jumps 9/10
MIb2347 wrote:

Abilities are very temper mental with the slightest bit of latency effecting them. In customs alone they get significantly easier to do but near impossible in forge.

I can't use stabilisation effectively 9/10
I can't thrust slides 6/10
I can't do the thrust trick jumps (the one that's basicly a jetpack or wall run) 10/10
Man cannon thrust jumps are very inaccurate for perfect jumps 9/10
I haven't got time to make something up today but tomorrow I'm build a controller that will allow me to test it out.

Even though it's not looking at heavy aim specifically it if my theory is correct then it will show that controller input is affected by latency.
I'm back after taking a break from this game and attending to some stuff IRL. I've decided to release what I previously stated I would never tell anyone since it appears this issue is never going to get fixed.

If you want to make the aiming a bit better, make a smurf and make that your new tag for halo. Don't Open any packs that give you permanent unlocks. Eg. Emblems, Weapon skins, Armor pieces. The more you have unlocked the heavier your aim is going to get. I assume this is because every permanent item you unlock gets loaded into the ram when your player profile loads and there simply isn't enough or some other issue exists. Every time you purchase one of those new content packs, it will get worse.
Can someone direct me to the page or explain why I should use port ss 2 on my X1S when I plug my controller in? What's wrong with the other USB ports? (I really don't feel like going threw 22 pages lol but I will if needs be) There is no explanation in the OP opening post. Thanks in advance and interesting post too.
IWI IUI wrote:
I'm back after taking a break from this game and attending to some stuff IRL. I've decided to release what I previously stated I would never tell anyone since it appears this issue is never going to get fixed.

If you want to make the aiming a bit better, make a smurf and make that your new tag for halo. Don't Open any packs that give you permanent unlocks. Eg. Emblems, Weapon skins, Armor pieces. The more you have unlocked the heavier your aim is going to get. I assume this is because every permanent item you unlock gets loaded into the ram when your player profile loads and there simply isn't enough or some other issue exists. Every time you purchase one of those new content packs, it will get worse.
Thanks for the info dude!

I had actually read this somewhere a few days ago (maybe r/halo) but it makes so much sense. It explains why the game felt a lot better in the beginning.
MIb2347 wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:

I had actually read this somewhere a few days ago (maybe r/halo) but it makes so much sense. It explains why the game felt a lot better in the beginning.
No doubt. I didn't want to release this because everyone is always asking for new armor and stuff. Little do they know it comes at the price of not being able to play the game properly.
IWI IUI wrote:
MIb2347 wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:

No doubt. I didn't want to release this because everyone is always asking for new armor and stuff. Little do they know it comes at the price of not being able to play the game properly.
This isn't just the new "Press Start" placebo effect? I have zero love or need for smurf accounts but lots of love and need for being able to play and enjoy the game.
Man, I really wish we had empirical data to support the presence of and test for heavy aim. Like they test for input lag on displays.
RDub78 wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:
MIb2347 wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:

This isn't just the new "Press Start" placebo effect? I have zero love or need for smurf accounts but lots of love and need for being able to play and enjoy the game.
Man, I really wish we had empirical data to support the presence of and test for heavy aim. Like they test for input lag on displays.
No. I was able to test this at the last open event as well as a local "LAN". There were no problems or influence on the aim with the servers in either event. I used the phrase "a bit better" but the difference is pretty damn significant.
IWI IUI wrote:

You know that reminded me of when I would sell all my reqs and my aim would get better afterwards.
IWI IUI wrote:

Wow. Not just wow, but WOW. Makes so much sense, but here's a few reasons:
1. Explains how it seems to get worse for more people with every update as the game gets more bloated and more and more new Reqs are released.
2. Explains how some people continue to say some of these issues don't affect them. They probably don't open many packs and just play the game.
3. Explains why 343 is so silent on the issue because it will kill the micro sales.
4. Explains how you found that emptying the local cache might yield a temp improvement.

So much for lobbying for limitless customization options. I'm sure you will be challenged on this and maybe get some grief, but dude, I'd like to gift you Bunch of Req packs... ;-)
IWI IUI wrote:

Op I had a hunch a long time ago that this maybe causing some of this. Thank you so much for sharing this. And this totally makes sense to me. Are you saying don't open any packs what so ever? Like your daily log in packs and daily win packs? Just don't open anything? Again thanks so much for sharing this info. Just the other night I was thinking on doing this just to see how the game played.
Well done!

Zippy.
IWI IUI wrote:

You know that reminded me of when I would sell all my reqs and my aim would get better afterwards.
Selling reqs has no effect
IWI IUI wrote:

Wow. Not just wow, but WOW. Makes so much sense, but here's a few reasons:
1. Explains how it seems to get worse for more people with every update as the game gets more bloated and more and more new Reqs are released.
2. Explains how some people continue to say some of these issues don't affect them. They probably don't open many packs and just play the game.
3. Explains why 343 is so silent on the issue because it will kill the micro sales.
4. Explains how you found that emptying the local cache might yield a temp improvement.

So much for lobbying for limitless customization options. I'm sure you will be challenged on this and maybe get some grief, but dude, I'd like to gift you Bunch of Req packs... ;-)
I'm sure you understand now why I didn't want to share this. And yes, I expect there to be conflict.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. ...
  9. 41