Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Helioskrill armor

OP DriftyFoil9

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Anyone know how to get the helioskrill armor? As it looks cool the only way I know how to get it is from req packs, is there another way?
Play Halo MCC & Complete Halo Ce, Halo 2, H3 & H4 on Legendary. But I hear there’s an issue with the Legend achievement not registering & unlocking the Armor
Anyone know how to get the helioskrill armor? As it looks cool the only way I know how to get it is from req packs, is there another way?
If you have The Master Chief Collection, you can get it by beating all four main campaigns on Legendary.

Otherwise, REQ packs are your only option.
If you have The Master Chief Collection, you can get it by beating all four main campaigns on Legendary.

Gotcha, looks like halo 2 is gonna be a pain

It was a pain but it’s possible
Play Halo MCC & Complete Halo Ce, Halo 2, H3 & H4 on Legendary. But I hear there’s an issue with the Legend achievement not registering & unlocking the Armor
It's not really an issue. Sometimes MCC doesn't sync up with the Halo Channel right after getting the achievement; changing a customization item in MCC after unlocking Legend achievement fixes this.

The funny thing about the Halo games is that they're like a brick wall on Legendary. Throw yourself at it enough times, and you'll eventually succeed.

That's how I beat Halo 2, at any rate. Would have loved to be able to use the Chief Flashlight-to-Cloak skull, but alas. Anyway, I do have Helioskrill now, but I don't have the visor I want for it, so it's going on the shelf until I find a better visor.
Or I get bored again.

It kind of is, but after a few deaths you'll have enemy spawns mostly memorized and it gets a bit easier.

For the most part it's just about not backing yourself into a corner and trying to be faster than the Jackal Snipers.

It kind of is, but after a few deaths you'll have enemy spawns mostly memorized and it gets a bit easier.

For the most part it's just about not backing yourself into a corner and trying to be faster than the Jackal Snipers.
Or just skipping parts of the mission. cough cough Outskirts
This thread on Reddit has some good tips on dealing with MCC's various issues when pursuing the Legend achievement: https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3p01lu/legend_achievement_guide_aka_how_to_unlock/

I'm not cool enough to post links in my posts yet, so you'll need to copy and paste the above into your URL bar.

I say I did the campaigns on Legendary++ because I had to deal with them in addition to the difficulty of the campaigns themselves. Game crashes, save corruptions, achievements not popping, just to name a few. Sometimes rerunning a level quickly on Easy after the game thinks you've completed it on Legendary is enough; at least once I had to completely redo a level on Legendary. After all of that (and doing it solo, no less), I'm never taking my Helioskrill off.

You can do it. Good luck.
Pro-tip: When you stop playing, close Halo MCC. If you don't, then the mission progress will not save, meaning you have to do that mission over again.
Additionally, Halo 4 missions must be completed, from start to finish, in the same session. Doesn't matter if you close MCC or not. Mission progress will not save.
The ORIGINAL way to get it was by playing the Master Chief Collection and completing all the campaigns on Legendary. Only 0.08% of gamers did this, and it was a DIFFICULT thing to do, so I respect anyone who did it that way, because 343i decided to put it in a REQ pack. Disgraceful tbh.
There is no issue with the achievement on the Legend Achievement as far as i know. I got my helioskrill recently by finishing mcc on legendary. But do not turn on Zero multiplier skulls. You will regret that. Because i finished the first 3 missions on HCE and noticed no achievement at all and the cause was i turned on the Bandana skull. after turning it off every level i finish there was an achievement. a tip for halo 2, you dont need to kill every enemy most part of the campaign you can just run like outskirts, grab a ghost and boost your way out of the tunnel. However, the gravemind level is a pain. its the only level where i spent almost 2 hours just to get it done. but it is rewarding. after getting the Helioskrill set few days later i got the Helioskrill Warbound Set variant and then the Helioskrill Bloodgorger Set.

Have fun my friend.
If i complete all halos in legendary why i don´t have that armor

PD: i have the archivmet legend

Halo 5 is a little bit buggy in recognizing Legend from MCC being completed.
I think (but don't know) the solution is to change a cosmetic, leave the Spartan Hub, then come back and Helioskrill should be there.
That, or change a cosmetic, close the game, and then check the cosmetics for Halo 5 again.
Delta5931 wrote:

Halo 5 is a little bit buggy in recognizing Legend from MCC being completed.
I think (but don't know) the solution is to change a cosmetic, leave the Spartan Hub, then come back and Helioskrill should be there.
That, or change a cosmetic, close the game, and then check the cosmetics for Halo 5 again.
thanks Delta
You complete all the Halo campaigns on legendary on the MCC.

I actually don't find Halo 2 to be that bad at all. The beginning of Gravemind is a bit hard sometimes though, and the Gondola ride as the Arbiter can be annoying as well.
The ORIGINAL way to get it was by playing the Master Chief Collection and completing all the campaigns on Legendary. Only 0.08% of gamers did this, and it was a DIFFICULT thing to do, so I respect anyone who did it that way, because 343i decided to put it in a REQ pack. Disgraceful tbh.
Yeah, I was pretty annoyed when they put Helioskrill in REQ packs.
Buy silver packs until they only give REQ points. Then the gold packs will be forced to give you what you haven't unlocked.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2