OP AssassinXI878D

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
Makes me wonder what Achilles' fate will be.
If I had to guess, I'd say it'd be released into the req system around the last update in June. With more variants as well.
Thing is, I'm not gonna be pissed about it since my "special snowflake" status got taken away. If it gets released before my spartan company gets it, yay. If I get it first, yay. I made friends in the spartan company and had fun doing legendary campaigns.
I saw at least 3-4 people wearing it in every game I played since launch, and I still see it more than any other Armor besides Recruit. It was never special to me, seeing how easy it was to unlock it. I mean, if it was truly hard, it should be as rare as the Achilles Helmet, right?
Who really cares? I mean if it looks good, wear it. If not, pick another armor out of the 200+
xi Stasis wrote:
Who really cares? I mean if it looks good, wear it. If not, pick another armor out of the 200+
It just speaks of 343's goals for awarding people who play their game. They'd rather you just sink an inordinate amount of time in the game grinding to get a special armor as opposed to rewarding people for actually doing something, like beating the MCC campaigns on Legendary. That worries me.
But those variants have different skins. Think about it this way, you both have the same armor but you have the senior/officer uniform.
R.I.P
Spoiler:
Show

True, you can't notice the difference unless you're actually looking for the differences. It's not worth wearing anymore imo. Just put it back in the closet.
Well I wear it.

I think that it's well worth wearing because it looks pretty amazing.
what is HELIOSKRILL armor
Makes me wonder what Achilles' fate will be.
If I had to guess, I'd say it'd be released into the req system around the last update in June. With more variants as well.
The updates aren't ending in June.

Achilles will likely remain as a Spartan Company unlock forever, sadly.
Wait this is still a thing? *sigh* what ever happened to just enjoying the fact that you attained the unbeatable. If you have the Original Helioskrill, that means you had the skill and fortitude to beat all of the previous campaigns on Legendary. That's no mean feat, and I would just be proud of it. Darn you Halo CE for being so difficult!
xi Stasis wrote:
It just speaks of 343's goals for awarding people who play their game. They'd rather you just sink an inordinate amount of time in the game grinding to get a special armor as opposed to rewarding people for actually doing something, like beating the MCC campaigns on Legendary. That worries me.
I get what you're saying, but it was announced long before it was implemented that obtaining the achievements would only reward a temporary 1st access kind of deal.
xi Stasis wrote:
xi Stasis wrote:
I get what you're saying, but it was announced long before it was implemented that obtaining the achievements would only reward a temporary 1st access kind of deal.
Do you have a source for it being obtainable in REQ Packs after a certain amount of time? I've seen people say it but never show where they heard it. I'm just curious. Either way though, it is still worrying. 343 can tell ya they are going to make your efforts worth about $3 prior, but they are still slagging off your efforts nonetheless.
xi Stasis wrote:
xi Stasis wrote:
Do you have a source for it being obtainable in REQ Packs after a certain amount of time? I've seen people say it but never show where they heard it. I'm just curious. Either way though, it is still worrying. 343 can tell ya they are going to make your efforts worth about $3 prior, but they are still slagging off your efforts nonetheless.
Source.I'll be honest, I'm not too sure if that thread has been edited since the October update to reflect that Helioskrill is NOW unlocked via REQs, but it was the first one I could find, and it appears to be legit since it was from 2014. It's in the description of the Helioskrill armor on the very first post.
There shouldn't be exclusives like it in the first place. I'm ok with exclusives if everyone can earn it, but not everyone wants to spend money, deal with the big issues, ect ect for helioscrill. Recon from h3 was a good one cuz everyone could earn it in game, helioscrill requires patience and luck and money. At least with it in the reqs, everyone has that chance to get it.

Honestly tho, it's just armor.
xi Stasis wrote:
xi Stasis wrote:
It was announced about 3 weeks before launch via twitter. Link
But those variants have different skins. Think about it this way, you both have the same armor but you have the senior/officer uniform.
You can unlock the original in REQ packs. Such -Yoink-.
tL Armada wrote:
xi Stasis wrote:
xi Stasis wrote:
It was announced about 3 weeks before launch via twitter. Link
That's the kind of confirmation I'm looking for. Thank you.
It's not like beating them all on Legendary is that great of an accomplishment. Especially when it can be done in co-op (and in Halo 2 you can use the Scarab Skull and it still counts).

Helioskrill looked ugly anyway. It's just a novelty armor that I got tired of after wearing it for a handful of games.
It's not like beating them all on Legendary is that great of an accomplishment. Especially when it can be done in co-op (and in Halo 2 you can use the Scarab Skull and it still counts).

Helioskrill looked ugly anyway. It's just a novelty armor that I got tired of after wearing it for a handful of games.
It was great for me solo. I don't wear the armor but I'm proud I earned it.
R.I.P
Spoiler:
Show

True, you can't notice the difference unless you're actually looking for the differences. It's not worth wearing anymore imo. Just put it back in the closet.
Well that was wierd. Double post.
R.I.P
Spoiler:
Show

So do people even wear armor just because it looks cool to them?
Helioskrill looks like trash in honesty, and it was a symbol of tryhards.
Now Achilles has that title.

I'm not phased at all, still sporting Decimator so I don't look like a power ranger
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11