Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Helmet/Emblem for Forgers, Hell Yeah!

OP DaxSeven09

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 21
I have been thinking about making this post since last week when we started seeing threads like Olive Pig Helmet Could Be Given to Everyone Later, as well as So Forgers Get an Emblem and Now a Helmet, with a little Exclusive Helmets---Fair? to top it off.

I was disappointed that some in our community are trying to promote and advocate this idea that these forgers don't earn or deserve their maps to be chosen. That it's merely a matter of luck or youtube popularity, and that they don't deserve an exclusive helmet and emblem.

I wanted to advocate for the other side of this. I decided to make this tribute/thank you thread, and list all the Forgers that will be receiving this honor. That honor I speak of was made known in the last update, Forge On, You Crazy Cartographers, which literally says,
Quote:
"... everyone who creates a map or mode that makes its way to Matchmaking will be granted the "Olive" helmet as a badge of honor and token of thanks."
Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. The amount of time and effort put into making the maps that are in matchmaking I can only imagine. These Forgers are, in my opinion, part of the backbone of our community and matchmaking. As a gesture of thanks I would like to take the time to list all the Forgers who currently have a map or mode in matchmaking.

This was no easy feat. I used this: Monitor's Bounty Arena Update as a list of all the maps currently in matchmaking, but finding who are the original author's of these maps was a bit of a chore. Let's just say I was not able to find them all, and if anyone sees a mistake or knows who the author is to a map please let me know, and I will update it.

Okay here goes!
Slayer, Swat, Team Skirmish, Triple Team, Super Fiesta
Orion II: Black Picture
Pegasus II: Pwn Jones
White Cell: Chronmeister

BTB
Altar: WyvernZu
Antifreeze: Warholic & Squally DaBeanz
Basin: Randy 355
Boulevard: MythicFritz & alex quit
Deadlock: runNOKYARDrun
Dispelled: TimeDipper
Eagle Square: SHIFTY time
Entombed: ducain23
Estuary: IKYLEIZBEASTLY
Fracture: Squally DaBeanz
Guillotine: The Psycho Duck
Recurve: Squally DaBeanz & The Sacred Song (not sure about this gt when I click on it it says "not found")
Scavenger: CommanderColson
Traffic Jam: IMAROLLINGSTONE & STUNT ARTIST
Unearthed: ArturBloodshot
Viking: no god anywhere

Grifball
Mode Grifball Pro: Nuclear Taco 42 & Grifball Hub
The Arbiter's Court: guss
Bloodsport: Nitroo
Blue vs. Red 2003: JA50N 0, The222v and ImDahUnicorn
Crows Court: PERSPlCAClTY & PersianEffect
Frontier: CaptainPunch374
Sidegrinder (a.k.a. Grifball Court): runNOKYARDrun & Oracle s117
Grif Temple: RoyalBlue Kirby
High Charity: Darkprince909
Sandwich: Darkprince909
Skylark: DU3L MAUL3RS
Underpass: Katanga
TcT Avengers Playground (a.k.a. So Below): runNOKYARDrun
Amnatu's Angels: runNOKYARDrun
Vandum's Triumph: runNOKYARDrun
Galvanic: v Atlantis
Hive Charity: Darkprince909 & Rabid Hogs
Scorched Guardians: KickinAss Emos
Steel Yard: SexyMasterChief & DEATH WEAPONxx
Sunset Beach: OutlawSkot33
The Yard: Randy 355 & Creative Force

Action Sack
Battle Golf on Sandtrap: ?
Crazy King on Blok Pit (a.k.a. Block Pit): map by TimeDipper
Diminishing Kings on Freight: DU3L MAUL3RS
Ghost Race on Jungle Rush: ?
Rally Hog Rac on Alpine Valley: ?
Ground Pound Arena: zzSOzz & Patty Freakin
Husky Raid: ARB1E
Mantis Breakout: MorsLupus
Minotaurs: soft sharp & PoisonDarkBlade
Mongoose Sumo: TurbTastic
Paintball (map): Noble Forger (mode): FRA Senpai
Riftball: Hitbox unKnown
Tank World: Home World Hero
Added 1/3/2017 Game Mode Snowball Fight: GreyMuffinBass

Infection
Backwoods: Auxi Klutch
Black Friday: CommanderColson (refresh): Auxi Klutch & The Omicron
Boarding Pass: Sir Zanny
The Crypt: WyvernZu
Doubloon: Yeti For Hire
Drillsite: PA1NTS
Freakshow: WeedCough
Ghoul Town: The Omicron, Darkprince909, and WyvernZu
Hellfire: Black Picture & WyvernZu
Malignant: Nitroo
Nerve Center: Randy 355
Power Installation 484: I Crush All
R.I.P. Tide: Im Genooo
Station Zulu: Home World Hero (refresh): Darkprince909
Storms End: Norseman Nick
Studio 17: UnknownEmerald

I wouldn't be surprised if I had gone about this the most difficult way. Like I said finding the creator's of the maps was a little tricky which included going through all the past community updates, searching on the game itself, as well as here on Waypoint. I appreciate any corrections, or additions that anyone can help me out with.

Thank you to all those who have put effort into these maps. We have such a great variety of maps and modes to play on because of all your hard work. Here is one Halo community member who appreciates it!

Edit: Here are some of the forging communities mentioned in this thread for those who wish to try and connect to other forgers, and have some help in getting their maps out there:
ForgeHub
Halo Customs
Forge Channel Twiiter
GrifballHub
Please not another thread on this. Theres already one for this discussion, take your advocating there
I second this. These forgers have worked hard and put on a lot of time creating these maps. All these players screaming gimme gimme don't appreciate the fact that hard work and effort should be rewarded.
Sir Rinder wrote:
Please not another thread on this. Theres already one for this discussion, take your advocating there
Sorry, but those are con...not pro. I thought this one was different enough, and I put some time into this. I just wasn't interested in it getting lost in those threads.
I'm with DaxSeven09 on this. Forgers have made Halo 5 a lot more interesting.

Keep up the good work guys and girls, also, good work on that list; that's some top level effort there DaxSeven09!
The problem is its a subjective process. Somebody at 343 thought maps like Minotaurs and Tank World were great ideas, yet ol Johnny Blue over here got a pass. There are forgers with much better stuff that won't make it in to the game. That's not fair.
I support forgers who get their maps selected get special helmets. It's quite a feat and deserves recognition.
Skippy575 wrote:
The problem is its a subjective process. Somebody at 343 thought maps like Minotaurs and Tank World were great ideas, yet ol Johnny Blue over here got a pass. There are forgers with much better stuff that won't make it in to the game. That's not fair.
That's a good point, but Johnny can always keep iterating and testing and submitting for feedback, that will generate interest and in turn, the publicity needed to garner 343's attention.

It's easier now than ever before, just look up the big Forge communities like ForgeHub and ForgeChannel (there are more, I'm just not familiar with them) and get some people on board.
Skippy575 wrote:
I am not going to pretend I know the process completely, but from the little I do understand they have to submit their maps, then they go through testing, and more testing. After the whole long process is done then 343 chooses after we as a community give them feedback. We always have a chance to give feedback on them during the last part of the testing phase. So I don't really think it is as subjective as some think.

I have quoted this before only because I think it gives a good insight into what these forgers actually go through.

Katanga wrote:
I worked really, really hard on Underpass. I worked painstakingly to have it ready for submitting it to the Forge Labs february contest, and I was lucky enough to get shortlisted into the top 5. The community feedback I got from that helped drive its popularity and, thanks to some help from other members of the community, I had it matchmaking ready just in time to submit to Nokyard on Grifball Hub. That took three people working pretty heavily (and way outside my time zone), as well as basically remaking a good portion of the map. And I did that again in April.

(I should probably also mention that I poured even more into an infection map that never went anywhere, so I'm not sure your name opens as many doors as you'd think.)

Yes, you undoubtedly have to get your map "out there", and things like YouTube help. However, to suggest that you've got no chance without being a youtuber or a Forgehubber simply isn't true. I can attest to that personally, both on my behalf and the majority of Grifball court creators. If you create something that resonates well with the community, that's truly all it takes for some maps and games.

Plus, you cannot underestimate the time it takes to test maps, especially core 4v4 and BTB maps. I've been in a few testing lobbies in previous halos for maps that were iterated on and released almost half a year later. The hard truth here is that often the forgers who amass popularity get it because they are willing to redraft their map hundreds of times and fine-tooth-comb every detail.

Plus remember that once their heart and soul is in matchmaking they are subject to harassment from people who've had bad games on their maps. Or HLG channels break it in a week and the thing you worked tirelessly on is basically exploited for a month until your patch goes live.
This is a duplicate post of the same title. You can't do that.
This is a duplicate post of the same title. You can't do that.
I went ahead and took Exclusive out.
Still counts as a duplicate post.
Still counts as a duplicate post.
Your opinion. Do you have any opinion on this thread?
This is a nice thread, I Appreciate this.
This is a nice thread, I Appreciate this.
I was happy to do it. Thank you for your contribution. I am not a big Grifball fan, but your effort is appreciated.

I mainly wanted to get some love out there for you guys. Those other threads really kind of made me mad in a way. Got tired of reading so much negativity about this.
Grifball
Mode Grifball Pro: Nuclear Taco 42 & GrifballHUB (Unyshek added the 'Pro' to differientiate the new variant)
Blue vs. Red 2003: JA50N 0, The222v, ImDahUnicorn
Crows Court: xNFx Monsta, RBG Persian
Grifball Court: NOKYARD & Oracle S117 (actual name of court is Sidegrinder)
So Below: runNOKYARDrun Actual court name is "TcT Avengers Playground" but the name glitched.

For those complaining. There is a $900 Grifball Court contest running at ForgeHub right now. Your best bet for obtaining the Helmet is to enter that contest since we will likely be pulling select maps from that contest for the next Grifball Playlist refresh. You can whine about not having access to the helmet, or you can do something about it.
Great idea, these forgers deserve some recognition and the only threads I've seen about the exclusive helmet/emblem so far have been negative ones so this was sorely needed.
GrifballMode Grifball Pro: Nuclear Taco 42 & GrifballHUB (Unyshek added the 'Pro' to differientiate the new variant)Blue vs. Red 2003: JA50N 0, The222v, ImDahUnicorn
Crows Court: xNFx Monsta, RBG Persian
Grifball Court: NOKYARD & Oracle S117 (actual name of court is Sidegrinder)
So Below: runNOKYARDrun Actual court name is "TcT Avengers Playground" but the name glitched.

For those complaining. There is a $900 Grifball Court contest running at ForgeHub right now. Your best bet for obtaining the Helmet is to enter that contest since we will likely be pulling select maps from that contest for the next Grifball Playlist refresh. You can whine about not having access to the helmet, or you can do something about it.
Thank you for the corrections and additions.

Also the info on the contest. Get to workin' on the maps, and earn that helmet, oh and a few hundred bucks never hurt either.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Thank you for the positive thread.
Great idea, these forgers deserve some recognition and the only threads I've seen about the exclusive helmet/emblem so far have been negative ones so this was sorely needed.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Thank you for the positive thread.
Happy to do it! A small thing to highlight a big, positive part of our community.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 21