Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Helmet/Emblem for Forgers, Hell Yeah!

OP DaxSeven09

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 21
NEXUS NX wrote:
I don't mind the odd exclusive helmet, but don't do what Gears 4 is doing.

If you play G4 you know what I mean.

Limited Edition packs with exclusive characters and stuff that you can't unlock or get after the pack is gone? Great. Can't wait for the next character I can't unlock.
Technically Halo 5 has already done that with emblems. The beta emblems, Arena season emblems and the holiday emblems are both limited in their availability and some even gone forever!
MacGyver10 wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
I don't mind the odd exclusive helmet, but don't do what Gears 4 is doing.

If you play G4 you know what I mean.

Limited Edition packs with exclusive characters and stuff that you can't unlock or get after the pack is gone? Great. Can't wait for the next character I can't unlock.
Technically Halo 5 has already done that with emblems. The beta emblems, Arena season emblems and the holiday emblems are both limited in their availability and some even gone forever!
And the HCS Challenger Armor
Sure they deserve recognition and to be rewarded but I don't think the right way to do it is giving them a exclusive piece of armor, its like the recon back in halo 3 where they give it to people that standed out of the crowd like some guys who made awesome costumes maps and games that they were so good that thy have been made in halo 5 and they still been so entertaining but they gave it too to people who on my opinion deserve it like the guy who got killed by the traffic cone, I remember seen people fighting and arguing whit the ones that had it and I know that they release it at the end but of course you had to pay for it in some way, you had to buy ODST and get that achievements, so in conclusion, Yes forgers deserve being recognized and rewarded maybe and emblem, a dedicated page here on Halo Waypoint whit the names or Gamertags of them and their maps but I don't think a exclusive armor is the way to do it, they will just try to sell the armors/ helmets in the end.
BTW sorry for my broken English, it is not my native language
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
not cool, not fair for those of us who don't use forge. we got left out
not cool, not fair for those of us who don't use forge. we got left out
So then you don't want any task achievable armor whatsoever? Those Mythic run players don't deserve exclusive armor?

Just because you don't Forge doesn't mean you should have access to it. None of us should those of us who don't take the time to play Forge. It is perfectly fair. You just choose not to make the effort that the helmet requires.
yeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssss
DaxSeven09 wrote:
I have been thinking about making this post since last week when we started seeing threads like Olive Pig Helmet Could Be Given to Everyone Later, as well as So Forgers Get an Emblem and Now a Helmet, with a little Exclusive Helmets---Fair? to top it off.

I was disappointed that some in our community are trying to promote and advocate this idea that these forgers don't earn or deserve their maps to be chosen. That it's merely a matter of luck or youtube popularity, and that they don't deserve an exclusive helmet and emblem.

I wanted to advocate for the other side of this. I decided to make this tribute/thank you thread, and list all the Forgers that will be receiving this honor. That honor I speak of was made known in the last update, Forge On, You Crazy Cartographers, which literally says,
Quote:
"... everyone who creates a map or mode that makes its way to Matchmaking will be granted the "Olive" helmet as a badge of honor and token of thanks."
Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. The amount of time and effort put into making the maps that are in matchmaking I can only imagine. These Forgers are, in my opinion, part of the backbone of our community and matchmaking. As a gesture of thanks I would like to take the time to list all the Forgers who currently have a map or mode in matchmaking.

This was no easy feat. I used this: Monitor's Bounty Arena Update as a list of all the maps currently in matchmaking, but finding who are the original author's of these maps was a bit of a chore. Let's just say I was not able to find them all, and if anyone sees a mistake or knows who the author is to a map please let me know, and I will update it.

Okay here goes!
Slayer, Swat, Team Skirmish, Triple Team, Super FiestaOrion II: Black PicturePegasus II: Pwn JonesWhite Cell: ChronmeisterBTBAltar: WyvernZuAntifreeze: Warholic & Squally DaBeanzBasin: Randy 355Boulevard: MythicFritz & alex quit
Deadlock: runNOKYARDrunDispelled: TimeDipperEagle Square: SHIFTY timeEntombed: ducain23Estuary: IKYLEIZBEASTLYFracture: Squally DaBeanzGuillotine: The Psycho DuckRecurve: Squally DaBeanz & The Sacred Song (not sure about this gt when I click on it it says "not found")
Scavenger: CommanderColsonTraffic Jam: IMAROLLINGSTONE & STUNT ARTISTUnearthed: ArturBloodshotViking: no god anywhereGrifballMode Grifball Pro: Nuclear Taco 42 & Grifball HubThe Arbiter's Court: gussBloodsport: NitrooBlue vs. Red 2003: JA50N 0, The222v and ImDahUnicornCrows Court: PERSPlCAClTY & PersianEffectFrontier: CaptainPunch374Sidegrinder (a.k.a. Grifball Court): runNOKYARDrun & Oracle s117Grif Temple: RoyalBlue KirbyHigh Charity: Darkprince909Sandwich: Darkprince909Skylark: DU3L MAUL3RSUnderpass: KatangaTcT Avengers Playground (a.k.a. So Below): runNOKYARDrunAmnatu's Angels: runNOKYARDrunVandum's Triumph: runNOKYARDrunGalvanic: v AtlantisHive Charity: Darkprince909 & Rabid HogsScorched Guardians: KickinAss EmosSteel Yard: SexyMasterChief & DEATH WEAPONxxSunset Beach: OutlawSkot33The Yard: Randy 355 & Creative Force

Action SackBattle Golf on Sandtrap: ?
Crazy King on Blok Pit (a.k.a. Block Pit): map by TimeDipperDiminishing Kings on Freight: DU3L MAUL3RSGhost Race on Jungle Rush: ?
Rally Hog Rac on Alpine Valley: ?
Ground Pound Arena: zzSOzz & Patty FreakinHusky Raid: ARB1EMantis Breakout: MorsLupusMinotaurs: soft sharp & PoisonDarkBladeMongoose Sumo: TurbTasticPaintball (map): Noble Forger (mode): FRA SenpaiRiftball: Hitbox unKnownTank World: Home World HeroAdded 1/3/2017 Game Mode Snowball Fight: GreyMuffinBassInfectionBackwoods: Auxi KlutchBlack Friday: CommanderColson (refresh): Auxi Klutch & The OmicronBoarding Pass: Sir ZannyThe Crypt: WyvernZuDoubloon: Yeti For HireDrillsite: PA1NTSFreakshow: WeedCoughGhoul Town: The Omicron, Darkprince909, and WyvernZuHellfire: Black Picture & WyvernZuMalignant: NitrooNerve Center: Randy 355Power Installation 484: I Crush AllR.I.P. Tide: Im GenoooStation Zulu: Home World Hero (refresh): Darkprince909Storms End: Norseman NickStudio 17: UnknownEmeraldI wouldn't be surprised if I had gone about this the most difficult way. Like I said finding the creator's of the maps was a little tricky which included going through all the past community updates, searching on the game itself, as well as here on Waypoint. I appreciate any corrections, or additions that anyone can help me out with.

Thank you to all those who have put effort into these maps. We have such a great variety of maps and modes to play on because of all your hard work. Here is one Halo community member who appreciates it!

Edit: Here are some of the forging communities mentioned in this thread for those who wish to try and connect to other forgers, and have some help in getting their maps out there:
ForgeHub
Halo Customs
Forge Channel Twiiter
GrifballHub
I honestly want to make a traditional map "guardian"
THIS SOUNDS 👍 👍
Wish i was really good at forging
lets have a helmet for firefight diehards
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
how was to join my team
is calld Mood team
you got it?
Forgers deserve something for their hard work
Please not another thread on this. Theres already one for this discussion, take your advocating there
Please not another thread on this. Theres already one for this discussion, take your advocating there
Dude, did you see how old this is? How many pages with replies there are? At one point this was a "Featured Topic", and in case you don't know what that means, it is a topic chosen for that spot by the 343 Community Manager, ske7ch. So I'm afraid you're a bit late, and there's no need advocate in another thread. This one stands on its own.
you got it?
Ya I got the Timmy helmet, but that's it. Even that isn't for just forgers, but i think that it's cool if they make things just for forgers.
I second this. These forgers have worked hard and put on a lot of time creating these maps. All these players screaming gimme gimme don't appreciate the fact that hard work and effort should be rewarded.
This is a nice thread, I Appreciate this.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 21