Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Hi Ho Silver !!

OP ooSnip3r

So I've recently just started going through Halo 5 and playing with the Easter eggs that have been discovered over the years and finally got to experience the Sanctum Grunt Easter egg.

I watched the youtube vids and the forum posts on it, but playing the map and activating it myself was so much better. Dialogue is hilarious and the watching the entire Easter egg play out definitely makes one smile.

HOWEVER!! The Easter egg was actually so much better because there's actually so much more to it than is shown on the YouTube videos and discussed in the forums. At least I've not seen any additional footage or mention of what I just saw. If you haven't yet experienced this Easter egg, then I definitely suggest giving it a go, but do know in my experience there is more to it than is shown in the online clips.

That all being said, are there any new Easter eggs discovered in the last year or two or any that haven't been solved yet ? Seems like by 2017 they had all been discovered.
My interest in the H5 Easter eggs started just the other week when a buddy of mine mentioned that he had just heard the music in Noctus. He has been playing H5 since it came out and just noticed it. I've noticed it prior to him mentioning it but always just attributed the music to clever thinking by the developers and adding an additional immersive level to the play area. Low and behold it's a pretty big Easter egg that spans a few games and into the books which I haven't read. After watching some clips I just learned that the Ai's are cloned brains !! What ! I've been playing Halo since CE and never knew that. Guess I'm headed out to buy some Halo novels and comics.
The grunt states he thinks the gravemind is scarier than it was before. Meaning he saw the gravemind even though we only know of Chief and Arbie seeing it. That grunts been through some -Yoink-
ooSnip3r wrote:
So I've recently just started going through Halo 5 and playing with the Easter eggs that have been discovered over the years and finally got to experience the Sanctum Grunt Easter egg.

I watched the youtube vids and the forum posts on it, but playing the map and activating it myself was so much better. Dialogue is hilarious and the watching the entire Easter egg play out definitely makes one smile.

HOWEVER!! The Easter egg was actually so much better because there's actually so much more to it than is shown on the YouTube videos and discussed in the forums. At least I've not seen any additional footage or mention of what I just saw. If you haven't yet experienced this Easter egg, then I definitely suggest giving it a go, but do know in my experience there is more to it than is shown in the online clips.

That all being said, are there any new Easter eggs discovered in the last year or two or any that haven't been solved yet ? Seems like by 2017 they had all been discovered.
My interest in the H5 Easter eggs started just the other week when a buddy of mine mentioned that he had just heard the music in Noctus. He has been playing H5 since it came out and just noticed it. I've noticed it prior to him mentioning it but always just attributed the music to clever thinking by the developers and adding an additional immersive level to the play area. Low and behold it's a pretty big Easter egg that spans a few games and into the books which I haven't read. After watching some clips I just learned that the Ai's are cloned brains !! What ! I've been playing Halo since CE and never knew that. Guess I'm headed out to buy some Halo novels and comics.
What is Noctus and what music is playing?
Sparticus86 "Battle of Noctus". It's a war zone map. I don't want to give too much away if you are actually interested exploring it for yourself. But there is music playing in the background in a certain area of the map. Go have a look, er listen.

Vidmaster Thane he says a lot but at times I was too far away to actually hear what he said clearly. I know he said something about a moron and then he did make some reference to the Lone Ranger. I'll listen better next time I'm playing that map. But that's cool that theres a Easter egg, within the Easter egg. Has what the Grunt said been discussed more in other forums. Love to know more about what it means. I've also noticed that there's a faint musical noise over in the Oasis ruins, but I'm guess that's just an audio clue that there's something there to discover, i.e. the Grunt Easter egg.
ooSnip3r wrote:
. Has what the Grunt said been discussed more in other forums. Love to know more about what it means.
I honestly don't know, probably back when the game came out there were people discussing it