Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Holiday Fiesta

OP kjbart

Has anyone heard if this will be coming back this year? I loved playing this last year during the holidays, so hopefully it comes back.
kjbart wrote:
Has anyone heard if this will be coming back this year? I loved playing this last year during the holidays, so hopefully it comes back.
No news for December yet, beyond Reach MCC on the third, as well as new H5 Season reset.
I assume we'll be getting a timeline for December from Unyshek soon - possibly to be announced along with a schedule for MCC.
kjbart wrote:
I hope so. 4v4 fiesta to 50 plus objectives was a blast. Games were nice and quick and I think it was double XP the whole time.

It did wonders for targetmaster grind as well as XP.

I'm burned out on WZ & FF, I need something to finish up this 152 business.
kjbart wrote:
I hope so. 4v4 fiesta to 50 plus objectives was a blast. Games were nice and quick and I think it was double XP the whole time.

It did wonders for targetmaster grind as well as XP.

I'm burned out on WZ & FF, I need something to finish up this 152 business.
Yeah I'm grinding to 152 as well and it's starting to get boring to be honest. Hopefully Holiday Fiesta comes back with more Christmasy maps, as it will be something new and refreshing to help the grueling grind.
I was just about to start a thread about this game mode. I loved Holiday Fiesta last year. Some of my favourite H5 memories were from Holiday Fiesta. I really hope it comes back.
It's definitely the best mode in the game post 2017. Honestly amazing variety and these modes should be slotted into the normal fiesta playlist for the last year before infinite comes out. I'd honestly play this game every day if those modes were there forever. I bet we will get it for sure.
Broey Broe wrote:
It's definitely the best mode in the game post 2017. Honestly amazing variety and these modes should be slotted into the normal fiesta playlist for the last year before infinite comes out. I'd honestly play this game every day if those modes were there forever. I bet we will get it for sure.
I'm a huge fan of the games going to 50 instead of 75. I played a ton of it last year and absolutely will this year too if they do it.
Broey Broe wrote:
I'm a huge fan of the games going to 50 instead of 75. I played a ton of it last year and absolutely will this year too if they do it.
Yeah dropping them down to 50 kills to win would make it easier to get more games in, and will make the grind to 152 a little easier.
kjbart wrote:
Broey Broe wrote:
Yeah dropping them down to 50 kills to win would make it easier to get more games in, and will make the grind to 152 a little easier.
You get the same amount of XP more or less no matter how long the game goes on right?
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
kjbart wrote:
Broey Broe wrote:
You get the same amount of XP more or less no matter how long the game goes on right?
No. Shorter games give less XP (i.e. Swat games). But shorter games vs. longer games usually evens out, in terms of XP gain, over the same amount of time played.
kjbart wrote:
Broey Broe wrote:
No. Shorter games give less XP (i.e. Swat games). But shorter games vs. longer games usually evens out, in terms of XP gain, over the same amount of time played.
Makes sense. And you can run a shorter game faster so you can get two or three in the time it would take to get a larger one
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
kjbart wrote:
Broey Broe wrote:
My personal aim is 1000 XP per minute of game time. When quick gametypes are double XP and you factor in some sort of boost, 2000 XP per minute is entirely possible. This is the reason I prefer the holiday fiesta to 50 compared to say regular fiesta, etc...