Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Holiday Super Fiesta should replace Super Fiesta

OP albinomachina

It was really nice to have all the different gametypes to play rather than just Slayer all the time.

Also, I don't like Action Sack.
I disagree, regular super fiesta is better than the holiday fiesta.
LethalQ wrote:
I disagree, regular super fiesta is better than the holiday fiesta.
How is it better ? It's just slayer ? There is an actual variety of game types in the holiday fiesta
LethalQ wrote:
I disagree, regular super fiesta is better than the holiday fiesta.
How is it better ? It's just slayer ? There is an actual variety of game types in the holiday fiesta
Because to me all fiesta should be is slayer and the majority of the time all I want to play is slayer. I don't care for objective games. Especially since majority of the time most play objective as if it is slayer and don't even try for the objective.
They're going to be asking for feedback with Action Sack so if you don't like it you can mention what you would change or add so you can like it.
Bring back tanks to action sack!
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
I disagree, regular super fiesta is better than the holiday fiesta.
How is it better ? It's just slayer ? There is an actual variety of game types in the holiday fiesta
Because to me all fiesta should be is slayer and the majority of the time all I want to play is slayer. I don't care for objective games. Especially since majority of the time most play objective as if it is slayer and don't even try for the objective.
Some I liked, some I didn't, and some I thought would be a much better fit within Big Team Super Fiesta.

I greatly enjoyed Covenant Super Fiesta, Super Fiesta Snipers, and Forerunner Super Fiesta. Not only would I love to see these incorporated into the standard Super Fiesta playlist, but I'd like to see the Covenant and Sniper ones featured within the Big Team Super Fiesta playlist too. Maps where players run around with only Covenant weaponry and the very best Covenant vehicles; plus, there's more room for Sniping.

I also enjoyed the SWAT Super Fiesta mode and wouldn't mind seeing it re-appear as it's own featured playlist someday in the future, but I do worry that 343i might decide to make it permanent instead of keeping it as a rotational. I think that would be a mistake. Nevertheless, it'd be neat to see the SWAT Super Fiesta mode combined with the Super Fiesta Speed Flag mode as a CTF variant within that featured (rotational) SWAT Super Fiesta playlist. Basically, it'd be the return of SWAT's Lighting Flag, but within a Fiesta setting.

I didn't necessarily mind some of the non-slayer based objectives, but I feel like certain ones are much better suited for the Big Team Super Fiesta playlist. I'd love to see Super Fiesta CTF and Super Fiesta Strongholds put into Big Team Super Fiesta because I feel like those two objectives would give a lot more purpose and usefulness to the vehicles.

Between the Super Fiesta Oddball and Super Fiesta Speed Ball modes I preferred the Speed Ball one, but I wasn't a huge fan of either. I don't think they need to be incorporated into the regular Super Fiesta playlist as I agree it should be left as a Slayer only playlist.

I wasn't a big fan of the Super Fiesta Joust, Super Fiesta Melee, Explosive Super Fiesta, or any of the Low-Grav options. I kind of hope they wouldn't get added to any Super Fiesta playlist, but maybe they could find a place within the Action Sack refresh as a wacky Multi-Team mode.
I myself loved both SWAT and Joust in Holiday Fiesta. Covenant was cool, Forerunner cool, but the game made me overplay that mode so I'm kinda burned out on it. Sniper Fiesta was good, the low-grav version took some getting used to despite the extra amount of boosts you got. Definitely appreciated the Double XP as it was icing on the cake that was this event. I look forward to them bringing it back sooner than later.
eLantern wrote:
I also enjoyed the SWAT Super Fiesta mode and wouldn't mind seeing it re-appear as it's own featured playlist someday in the future, but I do worry that 343i might decide to make it permanent instead of keeping it as a rotational. I think that would be a mistake. Nevertheless, it'd be neat to see the SWAT Super Fiesta mode combined with the Super Fiesta Speed Flag mode as a CTF variant within that featured (rotational) SWAT Super Fiesta playlist. Basically, it'd be the return of SWAT's Lighting Flag, but within a Fiesta setting.
Lord Muggs wrote:
I myself loved both SWAT and Joust in Holiday Fiesta. Covenant was cool, Forerunner cool, but the game made me overplay that mode so I'm kinda burned out on it. Sniper Fiesta was good, the low-grav version took some getting used to despite the extra amount of boosts you got. Definitely appreciated the Double XP as it was icing on the cake that was this event. I look forward to them bringing it back sooner than later.
Super Fiesta SWAT was absolutely money. I wish there was more weapon variety in ranked SWAT, like playing with the Whispered Truth was so much fun.

As always, my biggest complaint with all Fiesta modes in H5 is weapon pickup. It takes away from the random nature when every player is trading up- it ensures the same 3 weapon types are used the whole match and takes away from the 'random' nature.
eLantern wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
So spawning in with random weapons, then using said random weapons to kill another player who spawned in with random weapons, then picking up their random weapons if you so choose to, takes away from the random nature of Fiesta? I don't see it. I wouldn't mind the absence of weapon pickup in the normal version of Fiesta (all base variants of weapons), but in Super Fiesta, if you -Yoink- the bed with a god-tier weapon (i.e. Answer, Nornfang, Prophet's Bane, etc.), I wanna let you and your team know about it by killing you with it when you spawn back in.
I agree, there is more variation
I agree. Enjoyed the faster games and variety. I'd be happy if they added strongholds, CTF, snipers, oddball to the rotation in super fiesta.

More strongholds please.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
I disagree, regular super fiesta is better than the holiday fiesta.
How is it better ? It's just slayer ? There is an actual variety of game types in the holiday fiesta
Because to me all fiesta should be is slayer and the majority of the time all I want to play is slayer. I don't care for objective games. Especially since majority of the time most play objective as if it is slayer and don't even try for the objective.
Fiesta is supposed to be chaotic and all the different gametypes made it that way. It was way more fun and I actually didn't have to sweat in social!