Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How 343i made me hate Halo 5

OP GODFallout15

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Well, before I was defending 343i and Halo 5 Guardians, yes it haven’t been a good multiplayer since Halo Reach... but!

If I hate something and is a lot, one is the respawn! My God is just terrible, I remember once in Warzone I requested a Sniper Rifle and when I respawn I respawn day in the area was vying under fire, I died by a wraith immediately!!! I had luck I didn’t requested a mythic weapon. Other in SWAT in the same are I died, and not one, it was 3 times in the same area one after one.

Second point, joining to matches that are already more advanced. This is just a terrible joke, if you care for the winning percentage, well $&@?! you. They put you in a match where terrible players left for being bad losers. Not because they are winning. I have been joined to games where is like 36-17. Wel of course is kind of hard win that thing. At the beginning I tough o what a good idea but after this. I preferred the method of Bungie of if you left ya stay with the remaining ones. Of course is stolen horrible both options but God. I preferred by alone than join to a match is impossible to win.

Third and the worst point the customization, I let pass the thing of only armor and healmet. But my main problem with it, I miss when I had to work hard for unlock something I really wanted, I always loved the ODST, and as you can guess I have all their armors in all the games, in Reach was a hard work but it totally worth it, Halo 3 an achievement, Halo 4 was simple but ok I had it. Here for other side... it’s funny how I have all from common to ultra rare things... and still I don’t have the Helljumper armor, I mean God I even have all the Noble Team armors and it was by Gold REQ Packs, but not Helljumper. My Hod I just saved 500.000 REQ points and nothing, just horrible armors of the principal.

Fourth, simple the magnetism of the magnum bullets, is just absurd. I don’t need to explain it.

343i really disappointed me, I tried to defend Halo 5 Guardians because I really love Halo, but this game is not enjoyable as the others were. Is frustrating and dissapointed in at least my four point. Which are yours?
My reasons what I dislike about Halo 5

1. Armor Abilites
2. Lack of Playlists
3. Req System (Good concept but poorly handled)
4. The Campaign ( We all know that story)
5. Some Armor and it’s pointless variants
6.Not causal Friendly, Forced Comp

These my opinions about Halo 5, If you dont like my opinions that’s fine, just don’t give me crap for it
My reasons what I dislike about Halo 5

1. Armor Abilites
2. Lack of Playlists
3. Req System (Good concept but poorly handled)
4. The Campaign ( We all know that story)
5. Some Armor and it’s pointless variants
6.Not causal Friendly, Forced Comp

These my opinions about Halo 5, If you dont like my opinions that’s fine, just don’t give me crap for it
Wel I totally understand tu last point, most of the people is horrible, but that is not fault of the game itself. For example try GTA Online... God you will love the ones in Halo 5 Guardians. The campaign was ok for me but it wasn’t that epic as the Halo 3 story or Halo 2.

But I agree with you about the REQ and the armors, a little example the Athlon, there is like 6 variants of the same thing. While a game the less I would look is the lines on an enemy’s Armor. I only know he is using Athlon. That’s it!
My mine gripe about H5 at this point is just over all function and attention to detail.... Why do we have those screen freezes after games, it happens quite often and a couple times it was so long that I had actually connected to another game when I didn't want to even play another game. They can even happen in game when people quit/drop from the game. 343 has yet to make a fully functional game on Xbox one. The req system had promise but was implemented poorly, they could have left more cosmetics to be earned. They should have made more unique and diverse arena maps instead of so many remixes and forge made. Bonnie Ross recently went on record and pretty much admitted that the games have been rush jobs and they didn't give their teams enough times....which clearly shows so hopefully Infinite will be different as they have taken more time on it, but my confidence isn't that high for it.
LethalQ wrote:
My mine gripe about H5 at this point is just over all function and attention to detail.... Why do we have those screen freezes after games, it happens quite often and a couple times it was so long that I had actually connected to another game when I didn't want to even play another game. They can even happen in game when people quit/drop from the game. 343 has yet to make a fully functional game on Xbox one. The req system had promise but was implemented poorly, they could have left more cosmetics to be earned. They should have made more unique and diverse arena maps instead of so many remixes and forge made. Bonnie Ross recently went on record and pretty much admitted that the games have been rush jobs and they didn't give their teams enough times....which clearly shows so hopefully Infinite will be different as they have taken more time on it, but my confidence isn't that high for it.
And I tough it was my XBOX or my game who was working bad, I tough to erase it and install it again but... it would take 3 days with my internet so no. The REQ System at beginning I was ok but after try and try with the Helljumper armor it just made rage a lot. Really I have over 200 helmets and 203 armors but none Helljumper. Is just crap! And I’m not going to buy it!
LethalQ wrote:
The weird part about that is at launch the game seemed fine but after a while the game actually starting well 'falling apart', believe this started a couple of months after launch, it's never got better while MCC has had the opposite effect where it was beyond broken at launch and now it's more stable than Halo 5 was at launch.

I've had conversations with some people before in the forums that have claimed H5 never have problems and yet I have the issues like you mentioned practically on a nearly daily basis, I even encounter new issues sometimes that I wasn't aware of...probably every couple of weeks/months and I've been saying this for a while but this game never goes down for maintenance so none of these online issues ever get tested since the servers is overdue for server maintenance.
ronnie42 wrote:
... and I've been saying this for a while but this game never goes down for maintenance so none of these online issues ever get tested since the servers is overdue for server maintenance.
Because of the way Halo 5 was built it doesn't really need things "taken down" as such. Running on Azure essentially each new match in matchmaking is spun up on its own instance, so you get a fresh instance every time.
stckrboy wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
... and I've been saying this for a while but this game never goes down for maintenance so none of these online issues ever get tested since the servers is overdue for server maintenance.
Because of the way Halo 5 was built it doesn't really need things "taken down" as such. Running on Azure essentially each new match in matchmaking is spun up on its own instance, so you get a fresh instance every time.
Maybe but generally the server quality doesn't seem to be handled well in it's current state. Not sure what it was meant by 'unused' instance when this is a common issue overall.
I really enjoy playing halo 5 i dont like the ranking system and the laggy severs
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Why I hate halo 5
1. Armour abilities
2. campaign
3.poorly handled req system.
I really enjoy playing halo 5 i dont like the ranking system and the laggy severs
Yeh the servers have been getting worse, more so last few days with the lag but no dropped connections for me this week so far but have had some freeze ups. I think last night might have been the worst since I was getting rubber-banding issue's...which meant I was teleporting all of the place, pretty sure others was having the same problem too since there's no way players couldn't have killed me if it was just me having the issue, yet oddly was doing pretty well.
Why I hate halo 5
1. Armour abilities
2. campaign
Agreed plus the way they handled the balancing of the REQ is pretty bad since I've seen weapons that just seem out of place, can be used to camp for easy kills plus the spawn system is awful.
Why I hate halo 5
1. Armour abilities
2. campaign
Yes I’m part the armor abilities sucks too, specially against the magnum. Maybe or the magnum is to -Yoink- or the thruster pack it is... or both.

About the REQ System well... a horrible disappointment and way 343i spat on many faces
Regardless of they’re mistakes i still support 343 and always will, loyalty to the game I love and it’s creators.
Regardless of they’re mistakes i still support 343 and always will, loyalty to the game I love and it’s creators.
I still support them, I’m not saying Halo 5 is bad. But those details have made me enjoy less the game than the previous. Yes you can support them but not let them abuse of that confidence.
Oh no don’t get me wrong they didn’t do a great job on this one but I loved 4 and all the rest do wish they would’ve kept loadouts like the old one and let you unlock the attachments but everybody seems to be going for loot packs instead just looking for more money but just like destiny this game had potential they just made some wrong choices
Oh no don’t get me wrong they didn’t do a great job on this one but I loved 4 and all the rest do wish they would’ve kept loadouts like the old one and let you unlock the attachments but everybody seems to be going for loot packs instead just looking for more money but just like destiny this game had potential they just made some wrong choices
Honestly I loved Halo 4, I had a lot of fun with that game
if you don't like Halo, go play something else. I couldn't care less. I like it a lot.
if you don't like Halo, go play something else. I couldn't care less. I like it a lot.
Hey! I never said I don’t like Halo, I love Halo! All damn it game even the Spartan Assault and Strike, but those little aspects made me be had more than one dislike.
Anyone tell me why I'm rubber banding just playing with my fiance in the same room? We play coop campaign and for whatever reason we were both bouncing all over the place. This has been a 2 day issue now, all other games we play work well
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2