Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How 343i made me hate Halo 5

OP GODFallout15

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Anyone tell me why I'm rubber banding just playing with my fiance in the same room? We play coop campaign and for whatever reason we were both bouncing all over the place. This has been a 2 day issue now, all other games we play work well
Any answers message this account, I accidentally logged in with an old one. Oops lol
LethalQ wrote:
My mine gripe about H5 at this point is just over all function and attention to detail.... Why do we have those screen freezes after games, it happens quite often and a couple times it was so long that I had actually connected to another game when I didn't want to even play another game. They can even happen in game when people quit/drop from the game. 343 has yet to make a fully functional game on Xbox one. The req system had promise but was implemented poorly, they could have left more cosmetics to be earned. They should have made more unique and diverse arena maps instead of so many remixes and forge made. Bonnie Ross recently went on record and pretty much admitted that the games have been rush jobs and they didn't give their teams enough times....which clearly shows so hopefully Infinite will be different as they have taken more time on it, but my confidence isn't that high for it.
I have to literally click start and press “quit” on H5 more often than not because of the screen freeze. Not to mention the general freezing of the game itself! I’ll close out customization and boom, game froze have to restart it. That and also the getting kicked from games and loosing REQS used and no xp or rp.
Dilionaire wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
My mine gripe about H5 at this point is just over all function and attention to detail.... Why do we have those screen freezes after games, it happens quite often and a couple times it was so long that I had actually connected to another game when I didn't want to even play another game. They can even happen in game when people quit/drop from the game. 343 has yet to make a fully functional game on Xbox one. The req system had promise but was implemented poorly, they could have left more cosmetics to be earned. They should have made more unique and diverse arena maps instead of so many remixes and forge made. Bonnie Ross recently went on record and pretty much admitted that the games have been rush jobs and they didn't give their teams enough times....which clearly shows so hopefully Infinite will be different as they have taken more time on it, but my confidence isn't that high for it.
I have to literally click start and press “quit” on H5 more often than not because of the screen freeze. Not to mention the general freezing of the game itself! I’ll close out customization and boom, game froze have to restart it. That and also the getting kicked from games and loosing REQS used and no xp or rp.
Yes same, the weird thing is I've seen some claim this never happens, yet every time I come to these forums most people seem to have these issues like us. Sometimes the game freezes up, I'm forced to 'kill' the game on the games menu, it usually fix's the issue for a while but the issue does end up coming back eventually. I don't have as much connection drops these days and for me it's more crashes/freezing or fail to load the match errors, in some cases I get the error and yet oddly I end up a game still....generally very confusing most days plus last few days the game has had rubber-banding issues that completely confuse me and yet somehow able to get kills.
My main reason for not playing Halo 5 in a long time was BTB. I LOVE BTB in Halo. But in Halo 5 it was obviously the redheaded step child now that Warzone was here. And while I did like Warzone Assault for a while, it just wasn't the same. Plus it was chaotic and not in a good way. But sometimes it was fun for a while.

I've been thinking about getting back into BTB. I LOVED it in Halo 3 and 4. I miss BTB Heavies and KotH and modes like VIP.

I didn't even mind the maps that much. I mean they looked kinda of plain and generic sometimes because they were forged but they weren't terrible. And I LOVE BTB.

I was going to hop on and play some last night but XBL is having issues right now.

Has there been any changes to BTB in Halo 5 lately? Specifically the game modes? I swear I got tired of playing BTB Slayer, CTF(which I also like), and Strongholds over and over and over again.
For me it was the god aweful weapon rebalancing that literally nobody asked for. Now we got a useless br and an overpowered magnum that’s an annoying and boring meta
For me it was the god aweful weapon rebalancing that literally nobody asked for. Now we got a useless br and an overpowered magnum that’s an annoying and boring meta
It was fault of that? Damn it Magnum it really annoys me. I use it a lot because we of course is OP. It would be stupid doesn’t use it. But it’s damn Bullet Magnetism and Aim Assist is just to much!!!
My main reason for not playing Halo 5 in a long time was BTB. I LOVE BTB in Halo. But in Halo 5 it was obviously the redheaded step child now that Warzone was here. And while I did like Warzone Assault for a while, it just wasn't the same. Plus it was chaotic and not in a good way. But sometimes it was fun for a while.

I've been thinking about getting back into BTB. I LOVED it in Halo 3 and 4. I miss BTB Heavies and KotH and modes like VIP.

I didn't even mind the maps that much. I mean they looked kinda of plain and generic sometimes because they were forged but they weren't terrible. And I LOVE BTB.

I was going to hop on and play some last night but XBL is having issues right now.

Has there been any changes to BTB in Halo 5 lately? Specifically the game modes? I swear I got tired of playing BTB Slayer, CTF(which I also like), and Strongholds over and over and over again.
There is a huge BTB Refresh being actively worked on. I mean huge.
I feel there is more good than bad with Halo 5. Maybe just barely but, the good still outweighs. I find that if I start to rage in Halo 5 and I'm just not having a good time it probably means I've been playing to long. Just turn off the xbox and take a break or play another game(probably not Halo related, or even a shooter)and chill. :) Trust me I know more than anybody how annoying this game can be. https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/xballer-4-lyfex/video/71695606
I hate over powered Magnum

I loved beta version's magnum not current version
The reason I am starting to dislike Halo 5 is, that the matchmaking in Arena, especially in FFA, is pissing me off. I really don't get why I (Diamond 5) am beeing matched with a Champion 6 and a Gold 5. This is totally ridiculous. I don't mind being but in a certain rank, but I expect to match with players that are the same rank or somewhere near that.
The reason I am starting to dislike Halo 5 is, that the matchmaking in Arena, especially in FFA, is pissing me off. I really don't get why I (Diamond 5) am beeing matched with a Champion 6 and a Gold 5. This is totally ridiculous. I don't mind being but in a certain rank, but I expect to match with players that are the same rank or somewhere near that.
Oh yes, it actually crap. And the worst is when you win it come high just a little bit but if you lose boom the descent is terrible.

all slayer, all the time. the playlist is a snooze-fest of mediocrity and lazy developers lack of support. MCC and games ten years old and older seem to get all the attention while H5 is relegated to the 'support' dumpster
ZombieP1ow wrote:

all slayer, all the time. the playlist is a snooze-fest of mediocrity and lazy developers lack of support. MCC and games ten years old and older seem to get all the attention while H5 is relegated to the 'support' dumpster
Gotta love it, put all this work to make it PC available and kind of just ditched H5.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2