Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How are Halo 4's graphics better than Halo 5's?

OP Some dead cats

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 15
agreed the cutscene in arean where the spartans walk up looks terrible armor textures are blurry and ugly but i thought campaign looked great
to me, halo 5 looks so plastic and unrealistic. halo 4 had dirt and grime just like halo reach had. I think if 343 went back to that grimy dirty atmospheric kind of art, halo itself would look "not fake"
I'd rather have 60fps anyday, especially with an FPS. There's too many -Yoink- articles comparing graphics these days, art style, gameplay, and story is what matters to me. Halo 5 does all 3 BADLY, they need to go back and look at what Halo use to be. They done -Yoinked!- it up!
I personally think that Vehicle and Armor textures look better in Halo 5 compared to Halo 4. It might be because I just personally like the Armors in Halo 5 better, but I think that's about it. Campaign maps and the Multiplayer maps made by 343 without using forge are also very nice too. Halo 4 too me felt too... What's the word? Uh filtered for me. A lot of the 343 professionally made maps either very colorful or are made to be right with the setting of the planet or environment it's on.
Co signed, If you go and look at the BTB maps in Halo 4, they are stunning... no comparison... H5 looks plastic in comparison
Well BTB wasnt half -Yoinked!- in halo4. They actually put some effort and made proper maps for it. The forge maps definitely makes the game look worse than it should.
I agree with OP.

But you know what? In the end it's about game play and Halo 5's is 10x better than Halo 4.
Halo 4 looked pretty damn good for the aging console it released on especially in cut scenes but Halo 5 looks horrible.
Not only has it cheated to gain 60fps but the textures look down right awful up close on most vehicles and on certain objects especially in the campaign and the cut scenes seem to be a step back from Halo 4's but only slightly. If you dare to tread off the beaten path of the campaign you will see objects in the background disappear and the whole landscape change for some reason which happens far too much in the opening mission. Not to mention the Warzone map Raid on apex 7 is by far the ugliest looking thing in the entire series with its far too bright colour contrast and for some reason no water effects.
Not to mention the game is on an xbox one which is obviously far more powerful than the 360 so why is this? I honestly have no idea but if any of you do please explain

Edit: I've been informed the reason for these bad graphics is 343s attempt at gett, ing the game to stay at 60fps at all times which they have managed to do but at the cost of split screen and the obvious graphics downgrade which is a terrible decision as one of the main reasons Halo is considered a game in which you can grab a friend and play some split screen is now gone because of 60fps which no one actually asked for.
Agree, I've played the campaign on both games and the graphics are better in Halo 4. Also, I the bullet goes exactly were I shoot in Halo 4, in Halo 5 I feel it is more difficult to aim than in Halo 4.
I thought Halo 2 Anniversary had amazing graphics for Xbox one much better than Halo 4. I thought the UI for Halo 4 was sloppy and was cheap
Halo 4 looked pretty damn good for the aging console it released on especially in cut scenes but Halo 5 looks horrible.
Not only has it cheated to gain 60fps but the textures look down right awful up close on most vehicles and on certain objects especially in the campaign and the cut scenes seem to be a step back from Halo 4's but only slightly. If you dare to tread off the beaten path of the campaign you will see objects in the background disappear and the whole landscape change for some reason which happens far too much in the opening mission. Not to mention the Warzone map Raid on apex 7 is by far the ugliest looking thing in the entire series with its far too bright colour contrast and for some reason no water effects.
Not to mention the game is on an xbox one which is obviously far more powerful than the 360 so why is this? I honestly have no idea but if any of you do please explain

Edit: I've been informed the reason for these bad graphics is 343s attempt at gett, ing the game to stay at 60fps at all times which they have managed to do but at the cost of split screen and the obvious graphics downgrade which is a terrible decision as one of the main reasons Halo is considered a game in which you can grab a friend and play some split screen is now gone because of 60fps which no one actually asked for.
Agree, I've played the campaign on both games and the graphics are better in aalo 4. Also, I the bullet goes exactly were I shoot in Halo 4, in Halo 5 I feel it is more difficult to aim than in Halo 4.
Same. Every time I aim in Halo 4 I alway hit my target. Now in Halo 5 I can't hit anything
This is a joke thread right? Halo 4 had alot of messy rexturee. The lighting was awful and made everything look fake. Halo 5 isn't the greatest looking game but atleast it's better than 4.
I personally think both 4 and have look like plastic garbage. Just look at Halo 3's Valhalla versus 4's version. The grass in 4 is just a flat texture on the ground and another big point is the lighting in 4. Look at your Spartan in 4 for example, no matter what the external lighting is whether you are out in bright sunlight or a dark room the Halo 4 models always glow. It's really bad.

Another comparison is how 4 uses "fake lighting". Take an energy sword into a dark room in Halo 4. Does it illuminate the area? No. Does it illuminate the Spartan character holding it? Again the answer is no.

Do the same thing in Halo 3 and blue shimmering light everywhere even reflected off the visor.
Graphics don't affect gameplay.
I'm not sure anyone was suggesting that. Most I have heard in here so far is that the framerate can affect gameplay to a degree. Graphics just change how we feel about the game, I guess.
Lol yeh

Edit: I've been informed the reason for these bad graphics is 343s attempt at getting the game to stay at 60fps at all times which they have managed to do but at the cost of split screen and the obvious graphics downgrade which is a terrible decision as one of the main reasons Halo is considered a game in which you can grab a friend and play some split screen is now gone because of 60fps which no one actually asked for.
Honestly 343 should of included better graphics at the cost of FPS.
Who cares if Graphics look dreadful, I play games with terrible graphics and I don't whine over it.
Bull-Yoink-.

Then try playing a game where every pixel on the screen is one color. Or play the game where walls have transparent textures. Or a game that is so graphically intensive that it reduces your framerate to 10fps.
WE NEED SPLITSCREEN!
YES WE DO!!!!
Yes in certain way they dont but think about the halo ce graphics they look good but halo 5 are better and if i show this two games to you without knowing what is the history of each one wich one will you chose the one with better graphics or what?
Who cares if Graphics look dreadful, I play games with terrible graphics and I don't whine over it.
that's not what anyone here is saying please read my post, I'm saying Halo 4s were good so why arent 5s
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 15