Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How are Halo 4's graphics better than Halo 5's?

OP Some dead cats

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 15
to me, halo 5 looks so plastic and unrealistic. halo 4 had dirt and grime just like halo reach had. I think if 343 went back to that grimy dirty atmospheric kind of art, halo itself would look "not fake"
Let me tell you that i totally agree with you but they did a really good job with halo 2 annyversary graphics
Co Signed.
You know what's funny about all this? Halo dropped split screen to reach 60 fps, but Halo 4 looked better, nobody asked for 60 fps, and they made a game that would be perfect for a 4 player coop campaign! That's irony.
to me, halo 5 looks so plastic and unrealistic. halo 4 had dirt and grime just like halo reach had. I think if 343 went back to that grimy dirty atmospheric kind of art, halo itself would look "not fake"
Let me tell you that i totally agree with you but they did a really good job with halo 2 annyversary graphics
I was just going to mention the Halo 2 Anniversary graphics.
I'm not the kind of person that hates the game because of the graphics, but I do believe that the armor in halo reach and halo 4 looked more like... how should I say it, detailed? I like that look of armor the most, but when I look at the armor in halo 5, it looks like pieces of plastic. Whenever I look at Locke, now I will think he is an action figure.
Co signed, If you go and look at the BTB maps in Halo 4, they are stunning... no comparison... H5 looks plastic in comparison
More true than anything else.....
Poor decisions by Dev's who thought they knew what the people wanted and instead... well, you can see for yourself.
That was the one good thing about H4, great graphics and imo, chief looked the best in halo 4
That was my first thought when I played the game. Certainly halo 4 looked better in cutscenes and gameplay. 5 is plastic like.... almost looks fake..... I mean look at the beta.... regret looked the best of any halo map I had ever seen.... i would rather have 720p 30 fps for better graphics. And really most gamers play on a monitor and as the distance increases and screen size reduces you cant tell the difference between 720 1080 at all. Suppose you have a 21 inch monitor both 720 and 1080. At 3 feets of distance from screen...... you cant tell the difference between both the resolutions.....
Co signed, If you go and look at the BTB maps in Halo 4, they are stunning... no comparison... H5 looks plastic in comparison
Halo 4 had a gritty and realistic look to it. That is for certain. That was the direction that 343 took the franchise at the time. For Halo 5 343 decided to do the 60fps. We all have to live with that decision. I'm not thrilled about it but I'm not annoyed either. To be honest, it's the gameplay I care about, not the graphics.
IrishLaws5 wrote:
I was just going to mention the Halo 2 Anniversary graphics.
That's because a different studio/company worked on H2A, if I remember correctly. Blur Studios did the cutscenes, though I haven't checked to see who worked on the in-game graphics. 343i basically was just involved in releasing it, I guess. So, therefore, H5 and H2A are two different "art styles" because two different groups worked on them.
IrishLaws5 wrote:
You know what's funny about all this? Halo dropped split screen to reach 60 fps, but Halo 4 looked better, nobody asked for 60 fps, and they made a game that would be perfect for a 4 player coop campaign! That's irony.
I am baffled as to why they wanted 60fps so bad, was it to look good compared to other games? I just dont get it
You know what just hit me. Halo 4 got a remastered on MCC at 1080p, 60FPS but yet Halo 4 looks way better then Halo 5. Since it has better graphics and yet has splitscreen.
It's because 343 is to busy with having to listen to the fans that keep pushing for the game to be like CE and now they can't focus on important improvements
IrishLaws5 wrote:
Yeah, personally I can't even tell the difference when I'm playing.
unless I'm playing a split screen and destroy a phantom in a large open area, I cant even tell if the frame rate is high or low.
You know what just hit me. Halo 4 got a remastered on MCC at 1080p, 60FPS but yet Halo 4 looks way better then Halo 5. Since it has better graphics and yet has splitscreen.
Difference is that all the games in the MCC have extremely unstable FPS, but in H5 the FPS is a stable 60 due to some serious graphical sacrifices.
Halo 2 Anniversary was beautiful.
IrishLaws5 wrote:
I am baffled as to why they wanted 60fps so bad, was it to look good compared to other games? I just dont get it
Because it's all a Microsoft scam.. They want each house to have more than one xbox one.
I think Reach looks better than H4/H5 combined!

The graphics in Rach are "more realistic." Instead of the action figure spartans with spotless armor, you have gritty,battle-hardened armor that shows all the scratches, scrapes, and bumps the spartan has endured.

On top of that Reach had an overall gritty, dark art style. I know this has been said hundreds of times, but it's true,
I really hope they don't mess up with Halo 6... 5 is just a mess that can't seem to make up its mind. Does it want Framerate? or does it want graphics? it can't really seem to do either at times, and it definitely can't do both.
I'm hoping that Halo 6 is running on the Scorpio, that way there really can't be any excuses for performance issues...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 15