Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How are Halo 4's graphics better than Halo 5's?

OP Some dead cats

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. ...
  8. 15
I think the graphics are okey, if they just added splitscreen, also, reach graphics were better I mean, halo 4 and 5 spartans look like toys, plastic, and in combo with that armor weird armor design they really dosn't look ase serious as a spartan have to look. That is te thing I most complain. Spartan IV are nothing like Spartan II all the epicness about a spartan is lost. Now spartans feel like soldiers. There are plenty of them. Before spartans were rare and like god type.
Halo 4 pushed the Xbox 360 to its absolute limit. It looked damn good, especially character faces. Halo 5, as most of us know had to be scaled back in certain areas to achieve the constant 60fps. Some may prefer the 60fps over graphical power, others will not.
Do the majority of the halo community care about 60 fps? Just curious.
yeah graphics suck... I thought Halo 2 Anniversary looked amazing tho!!
Wish that was the scale all game should aspire to keep
Do the majority of the halo community care about 60 fps? Just curious.
I do only if I have split screen and decent graphics.
jalam wrote:
yeah graphics suck... I thought Halo 2 Anniversary looked amazing tho!!
Wish that was the scale all game should aspire to keep
If they stayed with the Halo 2 graphics I would've been fine with it.
I never really noticed the graphics change, I just though since Halo 5 was on Xbox One the graphics would be better (how silly I feel now). But now I do notice it. The graphics being change for the worse slightly I dont really care about. But the coop is something I do really care about; as with pretty much any Halo fan. And I would have gladly taken less frames so I can play with my friends on the same console and TV. I have ran into so many troubles because I can not do that.
The Dnend Legion
halo 5s graphics aren't worse than halo 4s in fact they a much better. Its just that halo 5s graphics are too cartoony which really annoys me.
It took four games on the Xbox 360 for Halo to reach the amount of polish that Halo 4 achieved (Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach, & Halo 4). If you remember correctly Halo 3 on Xbox 360 wasn't a massive graphical jump from Halo 2 on Xbox (and they ran at around the same framerate). I don't know why you honestly expect such a huge graphical leap on a game that's running twice as fast on a different console that isnt really all that powerful or great to optimise for.
fps=/= graphics h5 looked too cartoony because people complain in the beta that it was too dark so they up the brightness in the game and the art design is very different too if you believe that fps affect the graphics you must be very stupid to believe that
Nah, rather how Halo 3's and Halo Reach's looks better than 343i's series? Why? It's all in the art direction Bungie kept improving upon till they left Halo. Bungie made something more military than 343i's cartoony.
Nah, rather how Halo 3's and Halo Reach's looks better than 343i's series? Why? It's all in the art direction Bungie kept improving upon till they left Halo. Bungie made something more military than 343i's cartoony.
not really h3 doesn't look that militarily it looks more cartoony
I fully agree, H4 in the MCC seems visually superior to H5 in almost every way, which is extremely disappointing. 60fps is nice, but at the expense of graphics, not to mention SPLIT-SCREEN? Absolutely not.

Super disappointing entry in the franchise, IMO.
If 343 goes back to 30fps, there will be a wall of posts on here saying What the heck! So no 343 will never go back to 30fps just so graphics look a bit better and to put some more pixels on the screen. Halo 6 will probably look amazing on scoprio though..drools.....
I think a way to fix is to make the campaign run at 1080p 60fps when you play single player and when splitscreen is active, the game will run at 720p or 1080p at 30fps and multiplayer should run at 1080p 60fps even when splitscreen is active.

Just look at Gears of War Ultimate Edition the campaign ran at 30fps 1080p while multiplayer ran at 1080p 60fps and support splitscreen.
I think the greatest graphics 343 has done, was Halo 2 Anniversary.
maybe 343 will read our comments and improve the graphics in halo 6...just saying, who knows :)
J Mug78 wrote:
I think the greatest graphics 343 has done, was Halo 2 Anniversary.
point
Wow I was just wondering this yesterday. My son and I fired up the old halo 3 xbox 360 and played some halo 4. Both of us was saying this just looks smoother and just over all detailed.
Oh and as a bonus halo 4 can run local Co op.... and seems halo 5 grafix can't handle local Co op....
the cutscenes on halo 4 seem to be slightly better than guardians
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. ...
  8. 15