Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How are Halo 4's graphics better than Halo 5's?

OP Some dead cats

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 15
A fps has to be 60fps IT HAS TO. Because a fps at 30fps is laughable
Halo 4 had better graphics and still had split screen. The reason why Halo 5 looks so bad is that 343i was obsessed with having 60 fps, which no one even gives a wank about anyways.
It's more because of Microsoft, Halo is their flag people imagine if it didn't run at 60 people would just be laughing, I know you might say who cares about that but
unfortunately, that's how the console market works.
Co signed, If you go and look at the BTB maps in Halo 4, they are stunning... no comparison... H5 looks plastic in comparison
Proably because half the maps are forged with plastic blocks in 5 lol.
But honestly 4 put way more time and effort into level design.
A fps has to be 60fps IT HAS TO. Because a fps at 30fps is laughable
The difference is so little I don't see why anyone cares.
I and likely many others would be okay with losing some fps for higher quality content.
Feel free to disagree, but that's just my opinion.
I kind a like it
I kind a like it
If you're refering to halo 5. I agree I think it gets way too much hate for what it is.
Halo 5 graphics are good but level design of halo 4 is better than halo 5.
Yeah. Even the cutscenes of H4 looked waay better than H5's cutscenes! And since H5 BTB maps are compressed of forge structures, they don't look as good as H4's BTB maps.
I've never thought Halo 5 looks worse than Halo 4, in fact, I thought it was an improvement in most aspects. I think the issue isn't that the graphics are worse, but the design philosophy and art style changed in between games. If you notice the hands of both games, Halo 4 had the noticeable snake skin texture that was low rez but because they stuffed in a lot of texture in a small space, it looks better than Halo 5's leathery texture that's higher rez but blander because the bumps are much smaller. The same is said for the armor as a whole. Halo 4 crammed in a lot more low rez details to give the illusion of high rez, while Halo 5 just went for higher rez textures without much additional detail. Another example is the charging handle of the BR. In Halo 4, the charging handle has lots of small bumps on it that are low rez, but without keen observation, you wouldn't be able to tell. Halo 5, on the other hand, forewent that illusion and just made a smooth, higher rez charging handle. There are a lot more examples of this game design philosophy throughout.

TLDR; Halo 4 uses a lot of low rez details to fill in spaces to give the illusion of high rez, while Halo 5 simply went for blander, higher rez spaces.
Halo 4 had better graphics and still had split screen. The reason why Halo 5 looks so bad is that 343i was obsessed with having 60 fps, which no one even gives a wank about anyways.
oh yea it probably is that i forgot all about that, I despise 343 sometimes i really do
The ironic thing is that thr frame rate still dips bellow 60 fps quite often in warzone and when using forge.
and when things are at a far enough distance, it seems to drop well below 20 in the distance too on characters
Yeah I absolutely hate that. I was apalled when I first saw that happening. I've been told this was also done to salvage the 60FPS but I would gladly settle for a Fallout4 FPS of that means none of these bizarre anthics would have been needed
Honestly, if the graphics looked the same as CE, I'd still play it. Graphics are a plus, but I want more focus on gameplay, not visuals.
Amen
you know you dont notice until someonr points it out
someone*
but i do think some things in-proved and then some declined
Salazag7 wrote:
someone*
You know you can just directly edit your posts right?
fps of 60 for halo was so bull
graphics are almost everything to me in games (that is why i bought an Xbox one) so i was somewhat disappointed when i played halo 5.
Graphics are everything to you?... but you bought an xbox one...

The xbox one is the weakest console this cycle and is smashed by a half decent PC. If graphics are everything to you, why didn't you buy a PS4 or even built a decent gaming PC/ purchase a good value prebuilt (yes those exist).

All the xbox one has going for it is Halo.
maybe he's a massive Halo fan like myself, not one Halo game (before 5) was bad at all so there's reasons people bought an xbox one for Halo
I bought it for Halo and I prefer mp in general on xbox. I wont buy H6 or future titles at launch simply because 343i seems to ignore every thread here. I own a ps4 as well, but both consoles could use more exclusives.
Locked 60FPS is life. Sacrificing resolution and textures to attain this is 100% justified. Graphics are meaningless without stable performance. And 30 FPS for a first person shooter is trash.
I hate halo 5's graphics, they everything looks really rounded and 'soft'. I much prefer halo 4's graphics.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 15