Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How are Halo 4's graphics better than Halo 5's?

OP Some dead cats

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 15
I remember when everyone said the same about Halo Reach when 4 came out...
I prefer halo 4 not only from visual point of view(at that time was amazing), but also from musical ( ARRIVAL AND 117, GREEN AND BLUE ETC....)and historical point of view
I agree with you! Halo 4 does look better. The graphics are sharper than Halo 5
I think it might be because of the sharpness is cranked up real high in Halo 5, and that the enemies in Halo 5 seem to be locked at 30fps, and the rest of the game and you are 60fps. Makes the enemies look really janky, and makes the game feel kind of cheap. I do enjoy the MP in Halo 5, but I really hope 6 doesn't implement that idea or any game in the future makes that same mistake ever again.
RABIH117 wrote:
Well Halo 4 was not 60fps and not running at near 1080p. So that took a huge hit on processing power for graphics. The Xbox One runs Halo 4 at 60fps and 1080p. I think what people are seeing is the art style, not graphics. Pixels and lighting are much better in Halo 5 in my opinion and lighting is what uses a lot of the juice too.
no it's not the art style, the graphics just suck
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not make violent or threatening posts against forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Halo 5 paints a bad picture for 60fps. If 60fps gives us last-gen graphics and no splitscreen, I'd rather they go back to 30 frames.
SanctusBit wrote:
OP and those who think H4 looks better your living under a rock. Further, to those blabbering about a return to 30fps and split screen please show yourselves to a cliff and jump off immediately!

That's not to say there are not issues w/ H5's graphics but the 343i dev team was between a rock and a hard place w/ the crappy GPU/CPU specs on the Xbox One and a mandate to make 60fps reality. You can decry the 60fps mandate until your blue in the face but the fact of the matter is that current display format standards made the decision for them to say nothing of future 4K display which may demand up to 120fps.
and here people is the 14 year old 343 die hard fanboy who tells people to kill themselves because they said something he disagrees with
60fps. I agree with decision of game play over graphics. Rest assured though, if the Scorpio is going to be as powerful as they're boasting, Halo 7 will have 60fps with good graphics.
Personally I don't care about graphics I like the graphics on halo 5 and personally think graphics are better on halo 5 though but mostly care about the gameplay and halo 5 is much better than halo 4. I sold halo 4 after 10 games and played over 300 games in halo 5 so far.
Honestly, if the graphics looked the same as CE, I'd still play it. Graphics are a plus, but I want more focus on gameplay, not visuals.
Agreed. A shame that gameplay trades had to be made to pull off the glorious 60 fps..........would of way rather had splitscreen.
I havent really noticed H5s "bad graphics". gameplay over visuals anyday
I havent really noticed H5s "bad graphics". gameplay over visuals anyday
I agree but that's not what I was saying, its predecessor looked way better on an 11 year old console... not a good sign
It is because of the illumination of maps and scenarios
Halo 3, and Reach had better texturing than Halo 4, and 5. Check for yourself.
Maybe, just maybe, a lot of compromise was needed to ensure all the stupid QT events for clamber, Spartan charge etc could be run at the same time. Try throwing a grenade whilst Spartan Charging, you can't.

Still no excuse Halo 5 should not have had to compromise on anything and their is no reason whatsoever for the cartoon look and feel of MM maps and Spartans.
Easy, they prioritised game play over graphics. And I'm glad they did.
Because of all you whiny complainers this generation that demand 1080p and 60fps. Halo 4 was 30fps and probably 720p so they had much better textures.
Every Halo have better campaing story than Halo 5. Halo 2A have the better graphics
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 15