Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How are Halo 4's graphics better than Halo 5's?

OP Some dead cats

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 15
Co signed, If you go and look at the BTB maps in Halo 4, they are stunning... no comparison... H5 looks plastic in comparison
Aren't Halo 5's forge maps?
---
But I do think the mission where you run down the Guardian was impressive.
C75Z wrote:
Co signed, If you go and look at the BTB maps in Halo 4, they are stunning... no comparison... H5 looks plastic in comparison
Aren't Halo 5's forge maps?
---
But I do think the mission where you run down the Guardian was impressive.
Yes, that's what im saying, all the forge BTB maps in halo5 look plastic... All the maps made by 343 look fine, but thats exactly why i would like to see some epic BTB maps in H5
My understanding is that Halo 4 on the Xbox One ran at 60 FPS or at least seemed to for me. It can be done.
Good you brought it up, and I believe it is unacceptable. I would take 30fps constantly and good graphics over 60fps and mediocre graphics
Halo 5 looks good still, but definitely is not as good as halo 4
Good you brought it up, and I believe it is unacceptable. I would take 30fps constantly and good graphics over 60fps and mediocre graphics
Gonna have to disagree with you on that one. 30fps is unacceptable for current-gen games, especially first person shooters. After playing Halo 5 and other 60fps games for so long, 30fps games make my head hurt.

I'd prefer 60fps, 720p, and great textures/lighting/particle effects over 60fps, "dynamic 1080p", and garbage textures/lighting/particle effects.
Bensolo31 wrote:
Gonna have to disagree with you on that one. 30fps is unacceptable for current-gen games, especially first person shooters. After playing Halo 5 and other 60fps games for so long, 30fps games make my head hurt.

I'd prefer 60fps, 720p, and great textures/lighting/particle effects over 60fps, "dynamic 1080p", and garbage textures/lighting/particle effects.
Wasn't Halo2A 1080p? I knew Halo2A had 60FPS but wasn't it 1080P? If it was then I would risk having Halo 2A graphics with 60FPS and 1080P.
I know this is an old article, but...if Halo 5 looked like this, what would people think? XD
Dude...I laughed. A lot.
Wtf halo 4 graphics suck what kind of weed r u on foucus on other topics. F**** hell this community.
Bensolo31 wrote:

Wasn't Halo2A 1080p? I knew Halo2A had 60FPS but wasn't it 1080P? If it was then I would risk having Halo 2A graphics with 60FPS and 1080P.
Halo 2A just looked better overall. Not sure why Halo 5 couldn't look just as good. I prefer those graphics as well.
I'm not taking a particular position here, but I remember firing up Halo 4 for the first time, and I remember actually getting dizzy from the fishbowl-realism effect in the Chief's HUD throughout Dawn...I spent like an hour just wandering around the Forward Unto Dawn looking at stuff. I was literally stunned by how good it looked.
Magnyss wrote:
I'm not taking a particular position here, but I remember firing up Halo 4 for the first time, and I remember actually getting dizzy from the fishbowl-realism effect in the Chief's HUD throughout Dawn...I spent like an hour just wandering around the Forward Unto Dawn looking at stuff. I was literally stunned by how good it looked.
They looked very good and that was on the 360. They legit use the same graphics on Halo 2A the Xbox One and Halo 5 graphics seem worse. Even Halo 2 Campaign graphics looked better to me.
Hey I really care about graphics but does anyone notice that halo 2 annyversary graphics were better tan halo 5 graphics?(In my opinion)
Hey I really care about graphics but does anyone notice that halo 2 annyversary graphics were better tan halo 5 graphics?(In my opinion)
Yeah. I compare the Warthog from Halo 2A MP to Halo 5 and the Halo 2A looks way better.
Magnyss wrote:
same here so for the first mission of Halo 5 i thought I'd do the same but looked over a cliff and saw half the map glitch out and vanish when I looked at it and realized it was just not the same
Honestly, I still think that the impression of Halo 5 having "worse" graphics than Halo 4 is because they made everything even more shiny and colorful and plastic looking than in Halo 4. H4 looks slightly more "realistic" in terms of certain textures. It really boils down to the art style of the games that gives the impression of "good" or "bad" graphics, in this instance.
Fps should have framerate of 60. An fps lower than that is unacceptable.
SanctusBit wrote:
OP and those who think H4 looks better your living under a rock. Further, to those blabbering about a return to 30fps and split screen please show yourselves to a cliff and jump off immediately!

That's not to say there are not issues w/ H5's graphics but the 343i dev team was between a rock and a hard place w/ the crappy GPU/CPU specs on the Xbox One and a mandate to make 60fps reality. You can decry the 60fps mandate until your blue in the face but the fact of the matter is that current display format standards made the decision for them to say nothing of future 4K display which may demand up to 120fps.
and here people is the 14 year old 343 die hard fanboy who tells people to kill themselves because they said something he disagrees with
Way wrong on the age. It's lucidly clear what I said was in jest. Let's not attempt to turn mole hills into mountains.
WE NEED SPLITSCREEN!
Halo 5 is a much better looking game technically but then again I don't like the art style in 4 or 5 so it doesn't matter much to me.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 15