Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How do I fill up a Customs mm lobby before game?

OP Larry Tanng

First time I'm using the Customs matchmaking feature to test maps, but seems people can only jip after the match has already started. Anyway to fill up my lobby before the match starts?
I don't think you can.
You'd have to create a looking for group post to find people as with customs browser you can only join after it's started.
Try inviting your friends to play. After all, in happy, KILL YOUR FRIENDS.
First time I'm using the Customs matchmaking feature to test maps, but seems people can only jip after the match has already started. Anyway to fill up my lobby before the match starts?
Not that I've seen. Most have to join after the match starts.
There no way to que it up with randoms.
only way for it to even show up in the browser is if you start it i think.
Best bet would be to load up a really popular Custom Game, set it to Open, and let them come in. My personal favourites are:
  • Splatter Monkey
  • Tartarus Boss
  • The Midnight Game
  • The Cellar
  • Ground Pound Arena
This is exactly why I can't help but SMH when people still host FFA customs to only 25 kills.
By the time the lobby fills up, someone's already at least at 10. Then you play for only a few minutes and already have to wait another 1-2 minutes for the next match to start because of the end/start animations & slow/buggy menus (especially with players leaving/joining simultaneously & slowing it down even more).

I played once where the limit was set to 35 kills and it seemed like a weird number at first but it actually felt like the perfect amount of time to be accurate about who deserves to win but without it getting boring.
This is exactly why I can't help but SMH when people still host FFA customs to only 25 kills.
By the time the lobby fills up, someone's already at least at 10. Then you play for only a few minutes and already have to wait another 1-2 minutes for the next match to start because of the end/start animations & slow/buggy menus (especially with players leaving/joining simultaneously & slowing it down even more).

I played once where the limit was set to 35 kills and it seemed like a weird number at first but it actually felt like the perfect amount of time to be accurate about who deserves to win but without it getting boring.
Some people will restart it as soon as they get a certain number of people though or just wait till the next round.

Some people will restart it as soon as they get a certain number of people though or just wait till the next round.
Yeah but half the party usually leaves between rounds anyway and the wait times are annoying because they add up and the game usually lags/glitches so that you can't leave the lobby for like a full minute after a game since it's trying to catch up with the others who already left.
Then there's always the odd one that just try to switch over to matchmaking and try to get you all locked into a game before anyone can notice lol.

The particular example that's really bad is the guys who just start up match after match of 4+ man octagon lobbies and only put it to 25 kills each time.
The games only last a few minutes, I just don't get it.
Yeah but half the party usually leaves between rounds anyway and the wait times are annoying because they add up and the game usually lags/glitches so that you can't leave the lobby for like a full minute after a game since it's trying to catch up with the others who already left.
Then there's always the odd one that just try to switch over to matchmaking and try to get you all locked into a game before anyone can notice lol.
thas true :/