Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How do you feel about Join in Progress?

OP Orion Crux 9

After seeing it in games since Halo 4, I feel like it can only work if it is in the beginning of the match, it makes no sense for it to throw you in a CTF game when your team is losing by 2 already and it's 3 minutes left in the match. Is there any way to shut it off?
Its the devil and should only be in the casual large team playlists like btb if at all.
Do not mix it with ranking. Please.
Personally I have no problem with it at all in any situation. But I'm also that guy who doesn't play for "the win," doesn't care about what the rest of my team is doing or not doing, doesn't care about rank, isn't interested in any of the traditional motivations for game play. So take my opinion with a grain of salt.

And having been JiPed into hundreds of Halo 4 matches, I can honestly say that I don't recall any single instance of the melodramas that so many people describe where they get dropped into a match that's 850-260 and only two minutes away from ending.

What I'm really tired of is people complaining about quitters in one breath, and then complaining about JiP in the next. You can't have it both ways.
It might be easier to put up with JiP sticking you on the losing team if you got a free RP boost for the match or something...
No, now I'm starting to have a problem with it, I had an Ultra Rare mission victory, it throws me into a match on Stormbreak where the enemy team has two bases that's not fair and a waste of a Req gamble man.
In social, yes.

In ranked, no.

And it should cancel your little mission victory things if you are put in halfway through a match.
I'm torn. I hate getting dropped into a game halfway in, but I also hate being stuck just dragging myself through a miserable match because I lost 2 players in the first minute also. Maybe they could make an opt in to check off if you're willing to join matches in progress.
I actually had a match today where jip worked out. We were losing two people quit. Then when two joined in we made a come back and ended up winning.
LethalQ wrote:
I actually had a match today where jip worked out. We were losing two people quit. Then when two joined in we made a come back and ended up winning.
That's an anomaly man, usually it's too late to do anything.
I joined a match once, and as I spawned, our reactor was destroyed... :/
I think some kind of incentive should be included with being JiP'd, even if its a little extra XP, its something, what really annoys me is being JiP'd into a total lost cause in warzone, with very little score to go, then getting virtually no XP or RP because I wasn't there for very long, but you still get a loss on your record, JiP often feels like a punishment, like its your fault you were thrown into a lost cause. If there were little bonuses associated with staying in a JiP match that was one sided, I don't think people would view in such a negative light, it'll never be fun to be thrown into a lost match, but at least you wouldn't feel like your time was just wasted by staying.
I think that if you join a losing team when the game is half over, the loss shouldn't count against you. And turn off jip after a certain time, I've joined wayyy too many games that had like 30 seconds left in them.
Most games I play have a JIP feature.

I don't mind it, but I would say it should be optional, and that you shouldn't be punished by losing rank just for being thrown into a sinking ship.
Personally I have no problem with it at all in any situation. But I'm also that guy who doesn't play for "the win," doesn't care about what the rest of my team is doing or not doing, doesn't care about rank, isn't interested in any of the traditional motivations for game play. So take my opinion with a grain of salt.

And having been JiPed into hundreds of Halo 4 matches, I can honestly say that I don't recall any single instance of the melodramas that so many people describe where they get dropped into a match that's 850-260 and only two minutes away from ending.

What I'm really tired of is people complaining about quitters in one breath, and then complaining about JiP in the next. You can't have it both ways.
It makes perfect sense to complain about quitters and jip at once. If people never quit, there would be no need for jip
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Most games I play have a JIP feature.

I don't mind it, but I would say it should be optional, and that you shouldn't be punished by losing rank just for being thrown into a sinking ship.
See you understand my plight, I was never really a fan of JiP but I understand why it was included. I just don't understand the logic of sending you in a match at the end when it is almost over.
I'm kinda 50/50 on it. If it throws me into a match that my team was completely dominating in, I love it whereas I hate it when I'm on the receiving end of it.

Maybe an XP boost to those that are JIPed when the opposing team is ahead by 200 points would be a good way to minimize the grief. On the flip side, if you leave a match, you cannot get the XP boost for a period of time (whatever is reasonable) to help "motivate" players to stay within the match.

I also don't think you should lose a REQ card for selecting a boost & then getting thrown into a JIP match.