Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How do you have fun in halo 5?

OP PinKNinjA XD

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Im having trouble playing this game for more that 20-30 min at a time. It gets boring extremely fast I can't tell if it's because of the lack of content, poor map rotation or the unrewarding rank and REQ system. I use to be able to play Halo 3 for up to 8 hours in a day. I know that's an unhealthy amount of halo but that's because it was just that addicting there was always something fun to do matchmaking was ever dull, friends would always host fun games like jenga or fat kid or journey and the lobby's were always Full of people enjoying them selfs. Getting out of campaign maps and even playing around in forge was fun. I could play a custom game of free for all on guardian with a few friends and 30 min would feel like 5 min and winning a game of matchmaking feels more rewarding than any other game on the market. I remember how long it took me to earn that 50 and to this day I still am not a 5 star general! There is already people approaching the max rank in halo 5 and I look at there rank and don't feal intemadated at all because I know it wasn't earned by skill. I remember how easy it was to make friends in halo 3 and how i would get texts from people I have never meet before in person to hop on halo 3 because they wanted to play some matchmaking or fun custom game. But in halo 5 I haven't made one friend, it's very rare that I even run across someone with a mic I don't even know why I wear mine any more. I even went out to buy some turtle beaches to try and bring back the memories of my x31s but still nothing they spend most of the time resting on my shoulders. It does make me sad to see halo go the direction it did especially with the community it use to have.
You have to unlock the fun by buying REQ packs.
I enjoy breakout and swat quite a bit, very fast paced, very competitive. The only bad thing is when people quit. You know your likely to lose... Saying that, I was in a breakout match where we lost the first two rounds TWO people quit and we still won with a full enemy team so -YOINK!- them haha. Quitters piece of -YOINK!-
you sound lonely. It's fine though, that's the current gen of gaming: noone talks anymore or everyone is in a party chat.
I have friends who play Halo 5 so I'm having a blast.
I see you have enough time played to form a sound judgement on the game so it really boils down to whether you enjoy it or not. For me, there are days that I feel I can play for long sessions and some days I play a match or two and turn my xbox off or play a different game. Overall, I do enjoy H5 but wish it had more content (like most).
Yea sometimes I think party chat has something to do with it as well and all of my long time halo friends gave up hope on halo a long time ago
Yea sometimes I think party chat has something to do with it as well and all of my long time halo friends gave up hope on halo a long time ago
yeah for me, my friends who played Halo CE are thankfully still playing Halo ever since. Of course not all, but the core of them are.
If they didn't play Halo, I'd most definitely lose interest in Halo, especially since I play Halo for MP, not single player.
Lmao
SushiNade wrote:
yeah for me, my friends who played Halo CE are thankfully still playing Halo ever since. Of course not all, but the core of them are.
If they didn't play Halo, I'd most definitely lose interest in Halo, especially since I play Halo for MP, not single player.
Yea I could care less for the single player I haven't finnished a halo campaign since reach. Nothing against halos campaign it's just not very fun for me.
Lmao
Req packs not much use unless you play more Warzone anyways.
I would recommend trying to find more friends, little hard now then back in Halo 3, I tend to play with my mic unplugged. Or you could take a small break, play something else.Been doing that myself, got over 100 hrs gameplay, hard to keep playing.
Times have changed. Maybe you have changed too. I used to play halo and other games for long periods of time but I now find that other responsibilities in life have taken away a lot of that time. I still have a lot of fun playing but I don't in as many hours as I used to and I'm fine with that since I think I would just burn myself out faster if I did. People no longer chat like they used to which kinda sucks but there were also a LOT of annoying people in game chat that were blasting crappy music right into the mic, had dogs barking, parents yelling, or they were just yelling obscenities at everyone else the entire time. Those kinds of people have permanently ruined in game chat.
Not take it to seriously. Mess with the physics. Play with vehicles, only going for splatters, driving them in weird places. Spawn weapons you wouldn't normally use. Go for crazy ground pounds. Gungoose artillery attacks. Hijacking any vehicle I see. Obviously making the other team mad by using the SR or Boltshot. I will try and win in warzone sometimes, but usually teams don't work together enough for that, it seems to me people just play it like BTB slayer.

Most importantly, don't give a flying -Yoink- about your kda while doing this. Remember it is just a number, it doesn't interpret skill in all cases. I would rather have fun by taking out that expensive scorpion and dying 3 times then camping with a br. Me and a friend used a ghost ultra and Gungoose driving around each other to rack up a huge kill streak and capping some bases.

Playing arena then I care about how I'm playing, or I do if I'm going for weapon commendations in warzone. Otherwise if you see me online in warzone I'm doing what I outlined above.

TL;DR if you are loosing interest, create a game inside in the game. Just think about okay I'll try this I haven't done this before, go for mongoose splatters, Wheelman medals, getting good with the plasma pistol, SR, and other niche weapons.
You're growing old bro. We all are. Also, gaming can be a really social thing for many of us, so not having your buddies (man I can relate...) who used to play Halo around might hurt your experience. Hope you find more joy in it :)
TL;DR if you are loosing interest, create a game inside in the game. Just think about okay I'll try this I haven't done this before, go for mongoose splatters, Wheelman medals, getting good with the plasma pistol, SR, and other niche weapons.
What is TL;DR?
I've been making classic custom game-types and working with forgers on classic maps. I've had all kinds of friends add me to share content and play around. It's been great.

And OP, if you miss Halo 3 so much, we got a gametype that plays just like it with maps as well. Same for CE and Halo 2.
>> LINKY <<
What is TL;DR?
too long; didn't read.

which pretty much means, too much reading so here's an abridged summary.....
What is TL;DR?
Too long, didn't read
What is TL;DR?
"Too Long; Don't Read"
I want to be the very best,
Like no Spartan ever was.
To Req them is my real test,
To grind them is my cause.

I will travel across the maps,
Playing far and wide.
Buy Req packs to understand,
The profit that's inside.

Pokereqs, it's you and me,
I know it's my hobby!
Pokereq, oh you're my best wep,
In a garage we must defend.

Pokereq, an unlock so true,
Our Legendaries will pull us through!
You Req me and I'll Req you!
Pok-e-reqs!
Gotta Req 'em all!
Pokereqs!
You're growing old bro. We all are. Also, gaming can be a really social thing for many of us, so not having your buddies (man I can relate...) who used to play Halo around might hurt your experience. Hope you find more joy in it :)
I'm nearly 40 and just playing with the next generation of gamers. They just stir me for being an old codger but apart from that they don't seem to treat me any different then the other 20 year olds.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3