Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How do you keep the good mood with all the hate?

OP Frank1ller

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
I use headcanon! Sure I may have some dissatisfaction with how Halo 5 'happened' but I can always tweak some fiction to satisfy myself. I found this strategy very helpful after experiencing Mass Effect 3's ending.
Mass Effect 3 ending was great. The extended cut was icing on a already delicious cake. Stoked for Andromeda!
If other people's opinions affect how you feel, you're gonna have a bad life.

Like what you like; don't have a fragile mindset. I could care less someone hates what I like.
This is the gist of it. Do you enjoy the game? That's all that matters. Personally, I like to make as many clips as I can while playing to go back and watch. Also find some sources of things to watch if you want to avoid the pissing contests. I've watched pretty much every streamed HCS match to date and love it.
I use headcanon! Sure I may have some dissatisfaction with how Halo 5 'happened' but I can always tweak some fiction to satisfy myself. I found this strategy very helpful after experiencing Mass Effect 3's ending.
You didn't like the best way to end a game? Come on now! Everyone knows picking a color is the best ending to a game
Customs and Infection work for me ^^
i feel you there, i just go to forge and enjoy my time with some friends
You didn't like the best way to end a game? Come on now! Everyone knows picking a color is the best ending to a game
nothing beats picking colors!
I have fun and that's all I need. Another person's bad mood towards Halo 5 can't take away my fun.
I just ignore the hate man
Mass Effect series = 2 7/8 games worth of Star Trek story + 1/8 games worth of Solaris ending.
Jerjef wrote:
I try to talk some sense into them if they say things like; "I get farmed into warzone every match," "Halo 5's weapons balance is the worst it's ever been," "automatics are OP," or "Halo 5 is a CoD clone." If they can't be reasoned with, I just ignore them.
The farming thing is a serious problem no doubt, but most other complaints are unfounded.
It's not a huge problem that happens a lot. I'm level 136, and I've only been farmed twice. Before you ask, yes, I play a lot of warzone. I think the problem is that people are getting confused with being farmed and getting REQ'd.
Jerjef wrote:
I try to talk some sense into them if they say things like; "I get farmed into warzone every match," "Halo 5's weapons balance is the worst it's ever been," "automatics are OP," or "Halo 5 is a CoD clone." If they can't be reasoned with, I just ignore them.
The farming thing is a serious problem no doubt, but most other complaints are unfounded.
It's not a huge problem that happens a lot. I'm level 136, and I've only been farmed twice. Before you ask, yes, I play a lot of warzone. I think the problem is that people are getting confused with being farmed and getting REQ'd.
If you ignore the objective to get nothing but kills, that's farming.

Like what you like; don't have a fragile mindset. I could care less someone hates what I like.
This, op.

I really enjoy this game, I thought it was good, I went onto the forums and hit with a wave of negativity.

I enjoyed the story, the new multiplayer mode, New arena mode. I didn't mind the randomness req packs. I thought it was pretty good!

The forums were thick with topics about Spartan abilities, the campaign, no split screen, autos were too op and so many Sprint threads.

And I just said "-Yoink- it I enjoy this game, -Yoink- everyone else"

Then I went back to playing the game

The end.
whatever you do do not play Halo 5 is filled with campers only be angry you more
I think theres alot more people that like it than dislike it, but its the vocal minority that makes the impression that its a crappy game.

Think of it like a restaurant, alot more people are likely to call the manager over to complain than call the manager over to express their gratitude but that doesnt mean everyone hates that restaurant

There is kind of a happy medium though, too. If you don't care at all about what people say and think you're not going to get far in life because people will hate you and not value your opinion. There should be a balance of: Ok, I'll hear what you have to say and think about it AND This is what I firmly believe.
I think theres alot more people that like it than dislike it, but its the vocal minority that makes the impression that its a crappy game.

Think of it like a restaurant, alot more people are likely to call the manager over to complain than call the manager over to express their gratitude but that doesnt mean everyone hates that restaurant
That's a good analogy.

Very well said good sir
I don't know, OP. What do you do when both sides of a community genuinely hate one another?
How dare you mention that horrible ending! ;)

Death by red, blue or green laser.
IrishLaws5 wrote:

There is kind of a happy medium though, too. If you don't care at all about what people say and think you're not going to get far in life because people will hate you and not value your opinion. There should be a balance of: Ok, I'll hear what you have to say and think about it AND This is what I firmly believe.
I didn't say don't care about what people say, I said don't let them "affect how you feel".
I don't know, OP. What do you do when both sides of a community genuinely hate one another?
Easy. You make threads with the purpose of circle-jerking about how right your own side is.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9