Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How do you keep the good mood with all the hate?

OP Frank1ller

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. ...
  7. 9
That's the Internet for you.
Halo 5 deserves all the negativity it gets
I just ignore it
I just don't care. My girlfriend loves Halo 4's multiplayer and she doesn't care what backlash she gets from it.
Halo 5 deserves all the negativity it gets
Yes it does deserve the negatively for its needs to improve.
But how about the destructive criticisms & blind hate going towards the game. 1 example of blind hate and destructive criticisms I can think of is the comments on AngryJoe's Halo 5 review. I'm not blaming it on Joe he does make some good points about the game such as the bad storytelling and lack of content and it's his opinion. I'm blaming it on his fans.
These so called "veterans" or Halo "fans" are mindlessly joining the bandwagon of hate towards Halo 5.
People saying "Halo died since 4" or "343 killed Halo" just stop! Ur not helping making Halo comeback to its glory. Please write an constructive criticisms listing why are u not happy with the game.
Well everyone here is entitled to their own opinion so i'll respects yours and move on.
Justima wrote:
njiek wrote:
If people complain about Halo 5 they have not played any other game. every game has buggs and flaws. lets just assume the 343 team has the best intentions to do what they can to make Halo 5 what fans want it to be. Lets be fair, there are not a lot of simular shooters that can compare themselves with the gameplay Halo 5 has brought us. As far as in-game hate goes, all games have Flamers. My cure is to laugh at them and make sure they hear me laugh so they will get mad. Maybe they will smash their console, that would be a win :D
Halo 5 has bugs and glitches. Halo 5's movement is very similar to other shooters. Halo 5 has flaws. I guess people who are praising Halo 5 have not played other games.
Every game has flaws. Every shooter has alike movement since its in the same genre.. Also as far as similar movement goes, i think Halo does feel different then other shooters. I have played other shooters like CoD, battlefield, starwars, but stick with Halo for many reasons. I guess people who think otherwise are only on this forum and on the game to flame on it?
Everyone complains about everything anymore. I see more negative than positive pertaining to Halo especially here. These forums should be a place where players can come together and enjoy more than be bashed or belittled.
I take breaks, I try to treat it as the game it simply is. I spend time with my wife & kids. The game is only here the amuse/entertain players. It's not the alpha/omega of life.
If other people's opinions affect how you feel, you're gonna have a bad life.

Like what you like; don't have a fragile mindset. I could care less someone hates what I like.
Well said. OP only worry about things you can control and do.
Ditto on both above. Good words to live by...
If you're not enjoying it, why bother? If you do, don't let others ruin it for you.

Like what you like; don't have a fragile mindset. I could care less someone hates what I like.
You could care less? So you care but it's possible to care even less than you do.
Good advice.
Sluggage wrote:

You could care less? So you care but it's possible to care even less than you do.
People who know exactly what the intent was but choose to argue semantics are the WORST. Don't be that guy
Easy, I'm the one adding Hate onto the game. Mind that I actually try to be as constructive as possible and quit when I'm wrong but for the most part the fanboys just can't accept defeat.
Easy, I'm the one adding Hate onto the game. Mind that I actually try to be as constructive as possible and quit when I'm wrong but for the most part the fanboys just can't accept defeat.
*fanboys

Why'd you have to go and ruin it! I read past the "I'm the adding the hate" part, but when people call others fanboys just cause they won't agree with them goes over it for me.
*fanboys

Why'd you have to go and ruin it! I read past the "I'm the adding the hate" part, but when people call others fanboys just cause they won't agree with them goes over it for me.
Thats not the reason I call people fanboys, but because they have no real argument for defending what they like, or they like to ignore the negatives and act like everything is rosy colored, while thinking everybody who doesn't think the same way is poisonous.
*fanboys

Thats not the reason I call people fanboys, but because they have no real argument for defending what they like, or they like to ignore the negatives and act like everything is rosy colored, while thinking everybody who doesn't think the same way is poisonous.
Which makes it okay to called them names then, Dosnt it? Besides, those people aren't "fanboys" , they just disagree with you.
*fanboys

Which makes it okay to called them names then, Dosnt it? Besides, those people aren't "fanboys" , they just disagree with you.
I guess you didn't understand my post......huh, guess I gotta provide an example.

Example:
Fanboy says: Why is 343 getting so much hate? I enjoy the game and see nothing wrong with it. I think they have made the best thing ever so could you guys that are complaining stop or go play some other game.

Normal person: But X, Y, and Z are messed up or is bad because reason 1, 2, and 3, and it culd b mproved by "responce".

Fanboy: If you don't like it leave, those are minor issues and would take time away from 343 making more emblems and REQ items.

Normal person: But they do, and if they put work in it could benefit the game for: reasons.

Fanboy: But I don't care so it doesn't matter, your opinion doesn't matter(don't actually say that but I get that vibe).

Normal person: But: Extra reasons.

Fanboy(multiple possible responses):
  1. Take off the nostalgia goggles.
  2. What you said has nothing to do with the thread so leave and stop being toxic.
  3. i dont care, I enjoy it so it doesn't matter.
  4. TLDR
  5. ............(doesn't respond)
  6. Adapt
  7. Git gud
  8. Leave the game
I wasn't thinking when I made the earlier example because fanboys themselves don't think very clearly. There is other things I didn't cover but I honestly don't need to explain what I mean by fanboy anymore, but just in case, a definition(mine).

Definition: Somebody who blindly supports something even if its false or a person who wants nothing bad said about their game even if it could help improve it.
*fanboys

I guess you didn't understand my post......huh, guess I gotta provide an example.

Example:
Fanboy says: Why is 343 getting so much hate? I enjoy the game and see nothing wrong with it. I think they have made the best thing ever so could you guys that are complaining stop or go play some other game.

Normal person: But X, Y, and Z are messed up or is bad because reason 1, 2, and 3, and it culd b mproved by "responce".

Fanboy: If you don't like it leave, those are minor issues and would take time away from 343 making more emblems and REQ items.

Normal person: But they do, and if they put work in it could benefit the game for: reasons.

Fanboy: But I don't care so it doesn't matter, your opinion doesn't matter(don't actually say that but I get that vibe).

2. What you said has nothing to do with the thread so leave and stop being toxic.
  4. TLDR
  6. Adapt
  7. Git gud
  8. Leave the game
I wasn't thinking when I made the earlier example because fanboys themselves don't think very clearly. There is other things I didn't cover but I honestly don't need to explain what I mean by fanboy anymore, but just in case, a definition(mine).

Definition: Somebody who blindly supports something even if its false or a person who wants nothing bad said about their game even if it could help improve it.
Some people are very well wearing nostalgia goggles though (or have them glued to their head). They're basically fanboys of that earlier game.
*fanboys

Example:

4. TLDR
  6. Adapt
  7. Git gud
  8. Leave the game

Some people are very well wearing nostalgia goggles though (or have them glued to their head). They're basically fanboys of that earlier game.
Yeah I guess.
Halo 5 deserves it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. ...
  7. 9