Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How do you spot people in Camo?

OP Geth Pathfinder

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
In previous Halos, Camo was good but it was possible to notice people. In Halo 5 I can’t see people even if they’re right in front of me. The funny thing is somehow they notice me when I use Camo. Halo 1 and 2 had fairly noticeable Camo, Halo 3 didn’t hide you on the motion tracker, and Reach and 4 added a bubble of dots around your position. Halo 5’s is OP.
It was more easily noticeable at first, and then they upgraded it to what it is now. You really have to be looking for them if you know someone is invisible on the map. Like REALLY looking for them. There's no real easy way notice someone who's invisible other than to have a really keen eye. There will be a slight distortion in the background of wherever they're standing. Even then, they're super-hard to notice if they're standing still.
yeah its Hard you need a good tv also if you dont move and try to check very focused you could spot them.
Use ur eyes as a scanner left to right very fast and if you notice something different stop for a second. I'm very good for detect camos.
My tip: Play some turbo, use camo and your task is find first your oponnents camo. Once I kill like 4 in one game and 3 prophets bane. I have so many powerful weapons near me that was hard choose 2😝
You can also use your camo and a voids tear in case there's many vehicles (I love this combo is so annoying 😎)
Anticipate and don't move too much. Also, it helps to have the higher ground and try to position yourself where the invisibility has to cross from a dark background to a light background. You'll see the light refracted as they move.
Me and my wife play a lot of Prophet's Bane (a custom gametype I created where Prophet's Bane is your only weapon so you have to use your eyes and ears to detect other players) so we have gotten pretty good at detecting camouflaged players. Even though it is less noticeable than the previous Halo titles, the scenery behind a camouflaged player is still distorted.
I listen for movement. It’s pretty easy with my Astro A40s.
As Agent Washington once said,"Look for a shimmer." 🙂
I naturally have extremely good eyes, I can see the tiniest detail on anything that catches my eye, it’s pretty easy for me. “Look for floating jello”
Use ur eyes as a scanner left to right very fast and if you notice something different stop for a second. I'm very good for detect camos.
My tip: Play some turbo, use camo and your task is find first your oponnents camo. Once I kill like 4 in one game and 3 prophets bane. I have so many powerful weapons near me that was hard choose 2😝
You can also use your camo and a voids tear in case there's many vehicles (I love this combo is so annoying 😎)
I’m trying to avoid Warzone besides Firefight. After playing Halo 5 for 3 years, I still can’t stand Warzone. Every time I decide to play Warzone again I remember why I hate it.
It's not hard to see camo. A lot of people use it like they are completely invisible so they walk right in the open. It's hard to see camo when they are crouching in corners though. Usually they like to come behind you so you'll hear them.
It's all about movement and your surrounding. Takes a little practice. definitely crouch when possible and stay still when they are close. I believe the aim assist will still put the reticle on them when they come in close proximity.
I’m trying to avoid Warzone besides Firefight. After playing Halo 5 for 3 years, I still can’t stand Warzone. Every time I decide to play Warzone again I remember why I hate it.
I know what you mean, I only play assault, ff and turbo (very few). But that's what I recommend you, people use camos in turbo a lot, you will find at least 10 in one game. And prophets bane too, specially if they're playing in big teams.
It's not hard to see camo. A lot of people use it like they are completely invisible so they walk right in the open. It's hard to see camo when they are crouching in corners though. Usually they like to come behind you so you'll hear them.
I walk right out in the open. I can’t see people unless they’re literally right in front of me. Even then it’s difficult if I’m not looking for it. When someone in Camo gets hit, I immediately try to take them down because if I lose them I know I’m dead. If I keep their shields down I can see the golden glow.
I know what you mean, I only play assault, ff and turbo (very few). But that's what I recommend you, people use camos in turbo a lot, you will find at least 10 in one game. And prophets bane too, specially if they're playing in big teams.
I would be too afraid to use a prophets bane often. I only have 5.
I would be too afraid to use a prophets bane often. I only have 5.
Don't be afraid I always sell them because I'm very good for detect them😂. I only save like 1-3 and sometimes never use them because I put camo and kill the guys with it. Always crouch when you are close to them, I have friends that always are tbagging when walking with camo, is very funny see that but useful too👍
I save my camos for turbo always.
It messes with your vision a little bit when a camo guy walks across your screen. Spray and pray when that happens.
Yeah I usually try to check if camo is taken, if it is be more slow and watchful, then spray and pray to get their shields to show.

Not super useful but you can see water splashing up if a camo guy runs through water.
If your in direct line-of-sight, even with camo, your likely to get spotted. Crouch around corners or take high ground. Approach from peripheral.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2