Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How do you spot people in Camo?

OP Geth Pathfinder

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
If a map has camo on it, I become more wary of it. When camo users are walking or sprinting they are much easier to spot than if they were to crouch walk everywhere. If they are a really cautious player you might not even get the chance to spot them, because they will do their best to avoid your sight lines. Your best bet is to ensure they don't get camo or kill them quickly once they grab it.
I just played a match of CTF and I kept being killed by enemies in Camo. It was really pissing me off. We won but I still got mad while a guy in Camo trailed me an an ally and killed us both.
In previous Halos, Camo was good but it was possible to notice people. In Halo 5 I can’t see people even if they’re right in front of me. The funny thing is somehow they notice me when I use Camo. Halo 1 and 2 had fairly noticeable Camo, Halo 3 didn’t hide you on the motion tracker, and Reach and 4 added a bubble of dots around your position. Halo 5’s is OP.
I know how you feel. It’s tough. First step is knowing that someone is running around with camo (either by getting killed by him or by teammates announcing it - also A.I.). Then you should keep your fingers crossed they don’t have a sword because that’s annoying af. And then you can try to spot them most easily when they engage someone. Once they run, attack, or get hit, they will be quite visible. It’s not a good method because mostly it includes teammates dying from the camo Spartan but it works.

You can, of course, also “see” them (as described in other replies) but it’s tricky and you need to be lucky.

What bothers me most is that, as you describe, I sometimes get spotted immediately, although I don’t run or attack.
Some maps where there is snow or sand, you can see the camo players footprints. If your playing arena, you can time the camo. Even if your team doesn’t get it, you know it’s in play. I typically slow down and wait out camo or hold a position where I have a better chance to notice the shimmer when they walk by. It’s also important to pay attention to your teammates. If you see that someone gets backsmacked or assassinated while camo is in play, there is a good chance that the camo player is the one who did it
If a map has camo on it, I become more wary of it. When camo users are walking or sprinting they are much easier to spot than if they were to crouch walk everywhere. If they are a really cautious player you might not even get the chance to spot them, because they will do their best to avoid your sight lines. Your best bet is to ensure they don't get camo or kill them quickly once they grab it.
I just look for a weird looking thong to float by lol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2