Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How do you think Halo 5's population will hold up?

OP PlayTalkAni

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 28
From the previous game made by 343i, Halo4. The game had a very successful launch but near the end of the first month the game saw a tremendous drop in population, Blackops2 was able to grasp the majority of the gamers in 2012. This is 2015 now black ops 3 is coming mid November and Halo 5 launches in one more day. Who do you think will up-hold the population this year? Let me know down in the comments section below and i'll see you later my fellow Halomen lol.
Well, I'm going to play Halo 5 alot more than Halo 4 but thats just me, and i don't buy CoD games anymore since MW2.
I reckon halo 5 will do better than 4 but again numbers will probably drop a lot when black ops comes out. Hard to say for sure until we get to play.
When the new games come, it will fall. People like easy shooters, so they'll go to BO3.
It depends on the quality of the game itself. If Halo 5 is truly good enough, it can withstand CoD.
This game has the potential to have a lasting appeal of years if some requirements are met on 343s behalf

-Needs solid BTB maps
-Ease of access to forged maps and gametypes / community content (races, obstacle courses, just fun things like that)
-Campaign DLC
-and some much needed tweaks to warzone, it is a super cool game mode, but from what I have seen of gameplay it falls short of its potential in several ways, most of which are AI / Boss related
I hope it'll last long, but people are already complaining and being turned off about the limited content at launch. Limited gametypes, lack of Forge, and remixed and breakout maps counting towards the final map count as well as half of the Warzone maps being remixed is a bit disappointing. But, we're getting a bunch of free stuff post launch. It's all about quality over content. I just hope gamers stick it through and I hope the game gets positive reviews.

In my opinion, 343 also needs to adress that BTB, Forge, and all the other gametypes and DLC maps will be FREE and coming SOON. They need to at least include that in the menu somewhere to prevent people, and casuals from pointing fingers and setting blame. They're already blaming 343 for false advertisement and cutting content and that of in itself is bad. Advertising and marketing can go a long way, but an angry YouTuber and angry YouTube comments can heavily sway whole groups people away easily. Especially if they don't do research and spew lies.

I've already got done watching this guy hating on the game because of Microtransactions and saying there's cut content and a lack of maps and playlists... All his following are already starting up bad news so hopefully it all ends well for Halo 5 and 343...

I for one, cannot wait. It's literally a few hours away... I believe there's loads of content being added later on with lots of replayability and interest. 343 just needs to let people know it's there and it's coming.
I don't know why people are complaining about not having KOTH or Oddball at launch. Team Objective was dead since Reach, and those gametypes were never popular outside Multi-Team which was a big mess anyway. I don't mind having less content as long as it's polished! Nothing is worse than a game bloating of broken content.
Not to mention, Halo 5 will have free DLC which can add in these gametypes and will keep the game fresh longer.
Only time will tell.
I'm hoping for the best.I will surely play a lot of Halo.
I dont think they need to worry about black ops.. thats games gonna flop.. cods a dying game trying to cling on.. as for halo.. halo 4 was a flop.. BUT, this halo looks fresh, plays well multiplayer wise, alot of people saying the campaign is infinately better then H4 and on par with H2.. and we have forge coming in december.. we have free DLC coming.. new things every week i think i read somewhere.. i think it should live for a little while.. the main games that seem to have lived a long while with a helthy population is Destiny.. and Battlefield 4.. okay destiny has only been out a year and youve had to pay a fortune to be able to keep playing essentially but it has got a good population still and battlefield 4 has a very VERY good population for a game thats a few years old now.. so whether itll keep up with them.. i dont know, only time will tell..

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
They need to add in the missing content fast or lots will go to Black Ops and Battlefront

Infection, Oddball, King Of The Hill, Assault, Big Team Battle, Forge, File Share all not available at launch.....
xFloody wrote:
They need to add in the missing content fast or lots will go to Black Ops and Battlefront

Infection, Oddball, King Of The Hill, Assault, Big Team Battle, Forge, File Share all not available at launch.....
I doubt Battlefront would mean any competition. That game is selling because of it's name, but gets boring after 20 minutes.
It's for people who buy things because of a brand and enjoy an occasional game.
Pretty good with forge coming later in december
I think it will hold up better than Halo 4. I really want it to do as well as Halo 3, but the market is saturated with Sci-Fi shooters now (which is good for the consumer) But its likely to be reflected in the post launch numbers.

Still, I wont be dropping Halo for any COD/Titanfall-Imitators game ever! :D
I'm not getting the game until December which I advise the people who are complaining about forge and the playlist should do.

If the game is fun like reach and halo 4 I'll stick with it. I don't really care about population drops as others do. Even if it has a population of 9-30k in December that still is enough people for me to find matches so it won't affect me.
GyrateAll wrote:
You say that as though Halo is different, an exception.
GyrateAll wrote:
xFloody wrote:

I doubt Battlefront would mean any competition. That game is selling because of it's name, but gets boring after 20 minutes.
What's funny is that dice came out and said that themselves. I forgot where I read the article but they said the star wars name would bring it success.
Well I've enjoyed all the Halo's to date The one's that were First Person anyway. At least for me, the longevity of Halo 5 will be good. I think it will live longer than Halo 4 did.
I think the player population will hold up just fine. The COD kids will leave regardless of what features halo ships with so I'm not to worried about it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 28