Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How do you think Halo 5's population will hold up?

OP PlayTalkAni

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 28
population wise i'd say it'd be a reach at the very best, where it has a really solid year followed by a decent enough year at the worst it'll be like h4 / titanfall and people will up and leave.

depends on how many options and opportunities the game has imo.
I really hope so, the future of the series may very well depend on it.
Definitely going to be playing a lot of Halo 5 just like I have all the previous. Always been a halo fan and always will.
I can't lie and say I won't be taking a break from Halo 5 when Battlefront comes out, and I know many that are the same. Having played the beta of that game it was very, very well crafted and felt right at home in the SW universe.

However, there's something about Halo's lore that always draws me back. So I'm sure that this game will be just fine.
Accio Beer wrote:
It depends on the quality of the game itself. If Halo 5 is truly good enough, it can withstand CoD.
very true but i do hope Halo 5 is good.
Halo 5 will hold up. Previous COD players are coming also because, BO3 is more of a playstation game now.
Halo 5's population will definitely hold, me personally will be playing the hell out of halo multiplayer.
I am definitely going to play a LOT of Halo 5. I am a campaign/lore guy so I'll be playing that, multiple times to get the achievements. Then there's Arena and Warzone. So much opportunity. I cannot wait! The only other game I am really excited for is Fallout 4, so when that comes my time will be split between both games. Well.. that and university work :(

Halo's universe is the greatest fictional realm that I have ever immersed myself in, and I simply cant wait for more to be added upon the release. Only 30 hours more for me to wait (I live in the UK)

Long story short.. I see myself playing Halo 5 well into 2016 and beyond!
Forever!
As long as 343 delivers exactly on what they've promised the population will be steady. This game looks like it will have the best halo multiplayer yet.
I do to because halo 5 look like you'd be playing it for months nonstop
I feel like with req packs and warzone would make people coming back to try to get that one piece of armor so I think it will go way longer than one month. Hopefully.
I can't lie and say I won't be taking a break from Halo 5 when Battlefront comes out, and I know many that are the same. Having played the beta of that game it was very, very well crafted and felt right at home in the SW universe.

However, there's something about Halo's lore that always draws me back. So I'm sure that this game will be just fine.
But its missing half the Star Wars universe........ and well half of the OT trilogy as well.
I haven't played since Halo 3, and no other Halo, since then, has gotten me this excited. Just pre-ordered, looking forward to see if it will live up to my expectations. I am also a huge COD player, and will most likely be getting BO3; but it just depends on which game has the more competitive multiplayer for me. Rooting for Halo though, COD is getting progressively worse.
I think Fallout 4 / Destiny will negatively impact Halo 5 population more than CoD. Destiny is still very favourite around, but its latest extension is already 1 month out, so Destiny core players have probably already reached endgame content, so they might move out for Halo 5.

IMO Fallout 4 on the other hand will be a huge hit for Halo population. Although, it's single-player RPG, so players might go back to Halo after a week or so, to get some competitive play.
The populous will be fiiiiiine!! Halo rules!
yeah it most definetly will
If warzone is as good as 343 says it is, then im sure we will see a rise in population. Around my area playstation kids are gossiping about it !!
XACSlayerX wrote:
This game has the potential to have a lasting appeal of years if some requirements are met on 343s behalf

-Needs solid BTB maps
-Ease of access to forged maps and gametypes / community content (races, obstacle courses, just fun things like that)
-Campaign DLC
-and some much needed tweaks to warzone, it is a super cool game mode, but from what I have seen of gameplay it falls short of its potential in several ways, most of which are AI / Boss related
Campaihn DLC? Thats never been in any Halo before
HL8968 wrote:
Well, I'm going to play Halo 5 alot more than Halo 4 but thats just me, and i don't buy CoD games anymore since MW2.
Same
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 28