Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How do you think we unlock the 2017 helmets?

OP Sir Rinder

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I don't want to struggle to get armor. Achilles ruined Warzone, almost every game is like a farm fest. I just want to get a pack, and get the armor. If you are gonna add Reach stuff to Halo 5, let it earned almost the same way it was back then.
ske7ch wrote:
Hate to burst anyone's bubble here.. BUT I wouldn't get too worked up over elaborate systems to unlock helmets. I agree that's super fun and awesome but it's not something that's implemented for these helmets. The important thing I wanted to stress in today's reveal is that they won't _require_ money (though for convenience it's safe to assume a dedicated REQ pack will be sold). I did find out about one or two other little pieces of content though that aren't on the REQ infographic that we will bestow upon the community in a similar fashion to the old days (no it's not flaming Recon :)) Looking forward to sharing more on that later!
This just got me super excited! Haunted maybe?? Or Master Chiefs armor?

Ps, Thanks for the reply and clarification, I'm really glad to see 343 communicating with the forums :)
FORGE PLAY wrote:
I hope this isn't true.

Their halo 4 armor earning system was terrible.
It was better then the req system by miles.
FORGE PLAY wrote:
I hope this isn't true.

You would rather permanently miss out on armor...
Because they might require things you can't do?

Than eventually get it thru dedication.
Maybe the helmets replace the season emblem rewards.
Sir Rinder wrote:
ske7ch wrote:
Hate to burst anyone's bubble here.. BUT I wouldn't get too worked up over elaborate systems to unlock helmets. I agree that's super fun and awesome but it's not something that's implemented for these helmets. The important thing I wanted to stress in today's reveal is that they won't _require_ money (though for convenience it's safe to assume a dedicated REQ pack will be sold). I did find out about one or two other little pieces of content though that aren't on the REQ infographic that we will bestow upon the community in a similar fashion to the old days (no it's not flaming Recon :)) Looking forward to sharing more on that later!

Ps, Thanks for the reply and clarification, I'm really glad to see 343 communicating with the forums :)
id be down if it was linked to a certian amount of chivo points between mcc and 5 :)
FORGE PLAY wrote:
FORGE PLAY wrote:
I hope this isn't true.

Well see that's the thing, Halo 5 isn't getting it through dedication, in fact it's quite the opposite. Those with larger wallets will take the easy way out and have all their armor unlocked in a few days, instead of doing it the Halo way and taking their time to get them. The fact that MT's are a choice is irrelevant as if someone is presented with a simpler solution odds are 9 times out of 10 they'll take the easy way out. Halo 4 WAS true dedication, you had to know the game inside and out to get all the armor legit, the hardest to get armors are definately the gametype based commendations but are easily done if you have a squad to rely on. I got all armor in Halo 4 + max rank within about 3 months of the games release. I still find Halo 4 to be enjoyable on the 360 simply due to the fact that there are challenge based unlocks.
For the love of all that is good in this update PLEASE DO NOT make ANY of these helmets tied to Spartan Companies. The game is dead enough already, getting a new company together would be like finding a needle in a haystack except the Haystack is the size of Forge World! Not to mention it'll just promote companies to farm in more modes aside from war zone, which is NOT okay.
Revan XVIV wrote:
FORGE PLAY wrote:
FORGE PLAY wrote:
I hope this isn't true.

Well see that's the thing, Halo 5 isn't getting it through dedication, in fact it's quite the opposite. Those with larger wallets will take the easy way out and have all their armor unlocked in a few days, instead of doing it the Halo way and taking their time to get them. The fact that MT's are a choice is irrelevant as if someone is presented with a simpler solution odds are 9 times out of 10 they'll take the easy way out. Halo 4 WAS true dedication, you had to know the game inside and out to get all the armor legit, the hardest to get armors are definately the gametype based commendations but are easily done if you have a squad to rely on. I got all armor in Halo 4 + max rank within about 3 months of the games release. I still find Halo 4 to be enjoyable on the 360 simply due to the fact that there are challenge based unlocks.
What if later when the population drops.
And a certain playlist can't find players for that match?

Guess I can't get that armor anymore...

What if it requires you to play ctf and you can't.
Or ridiculous ones like play 2,000 matches of grifball.

They better be things you "could" already have the requirements for.
Sir Rinder wrote:
ske7ch wrote:

id be down if it was linked to a certian amount of chivo points between mcc and 5 :)
Total Halo Gamerscore = 11,700 or higher.
Sometimes I think some of those helmets can be unlocked by completing other Halo campaigns or better yet similar to those vidmaster achievements.
ske7ch wrote:
So when they come out you could like buy 'em with money? That'd be nice..
There are still the Company Assist and Gamemode commendations...
Sir Rinder wrote:
It says in the update that they will release more info on "how to unlock the last few items" soon. So sounds to me like they'll require pre-requisits like the Achilles helmet did. I hope Recon is hard to unlock like it used to be. Fingers crossed for vidmaster challenges returning!
campaign I hope!
FORGE PLAY wrote:
FORGE PLAY wrote:
I hope this isn't true.

The req system isnt dedication its RNG. What you did H4, H3 and HR took dedication.
Sir Rinder wrote:
It says in the update that they will release more info on "how to unlock the last few items" soon. So sounds to me like they'll require pre-requisits like the Achilles helmet did. I hope Recon is hard to unlock like it used to be. Fingers crossed for vidmaster challenges returning!
Probably achievments and discovering intels and skulls.
pilot requires you to hit 152
alchemPyro wrote:
I hope its achievement based. One thing I loved about Halo 3 was how you could set out to get a specific armor.

It would be even better if they somehow implemented Halo Reach's credit system. Being able to buy your favorite armor once you've played long enough was amazing and really cut down on the mindless grind.
Same, Reach's credit system was amazing, perfect way to get the armor you want.
ske7ch wrote:
So you're hinting there will be another over expensive req pack to get these from and that is the only way to get the classic helmets?
ske7ch wrote:
Please tell me theres a Haunted Helmet variant thats coming with that pilot helmet D: If there is i promise il forge something epic *cough*Invasion*Cough* for the chance of obtaining one ;)
TBF though my guess would be that one of those secret items you mentioned is at least the Other Grenade launcher variant Or the Rumoured Gametypes the Infamous GameCheat has spoken about.. lel

Also my hype for those Reach Armour sets right now is so real, Hopefully one day we can even see the return of armour effects in a future update / halo :P Its good to see that so many things that the community has loved about the old halo's are making their way into halo 5. The constant support is keeping halo alive.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3