Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How does Halo 5 LASO compare to Halo 1-4??

OP jalam

With all the hype for Reach joining the MCC I’ve been trying to 100% all MCC achievements. So I’ve been playing a lot of LASO which is frustrating yet still rewarding!
So where does Halo 5 LASO stand as far as difficulty?
My first impression is that it would be much easier because of the Squad system surrounding Halo 5??

My personal LASO tier list would be:
Halo 2 = hardest
Halo CE
Halo 3
Halo 4
ODST = easiest

Where would Halo 5 LASO stand?
I have yet to go for the LASO in H5. I would imagine it would probably go between ODST and 4 due to the squad system. On a side note I would be all for updating H5 to include a LASO and speed running achievement. It would give the campaign some more replayability.
I have yet to go for the LASO in H5. I would imagine it would probably go between ODST and 4 due to the squad system. On a side note I would be all for updating H5 to include a LASO and speed running achievement. It would give the campaign some more replayability.
In spite of the squad-based mechanics, it certainly was easier. At launch, the game was much more difficult on legendary. They had to tweak it. It'd be interesting to see where it falls pre-tweaking and post-tweaking. I'd probably put it behind H2 pre-tweak and maybe above Halo 4 on post-tweak.
On a side note I would be all for updating H5 to include a LASO and speed running achievement. It would give the campaign some more replayability.
Yea I definitely agree with this. Halo 5 campaign had very little replay value for me especially compared to the older games.
I really like the “Under 3 hour” achievements, it would be nice to have that in Halo 5.
Have you ever tried Halo Reach LASO? It's impossible for me to complete even one level. I only say this here because I have not tried every other Halo game LASO.
That would be great if they added those achievements. A par time and par score for each mission also.
Good luck with getting 343i on board, they care more about MCC and Infinite now.
I think it is between 4 and ODST, perhaps closer to 4