Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How does Hunt The Truth "tie-in" with Halo 5?

OP DragMeDown2

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
i really need help on this one
Trick question it doesnt
gr8 r8 m8 wrote:
Trick question it doesnt
sounds about right
I think Hunt The Truths story would've been much more interesting as a campaign then the current Halo 5 one lol.
Agreed!
Exactly the same thing Bungie did with Destiny. Advertised something extremely addictive to think about and then didn't deliver.
I thought it was pretty obvious that the Hunt the Truth campaign was about ONI lying to the public. Master Chief was never doing anything wrong, it was all lies by ONI to try and cover themselves and the Spartan IIs past while pushing the new IVs as heroes.
Locke was tasked with bringing Chief in because he was AWOL, and as a Spartan II that's a pretty big deal, especially when he's leading 3 other Spartans with him. So the UNSC wanted to bring him back in to keep him in check because they didn't exactly know what he was doing. They also didn't think he was capable with dealing with Cortana as a threat, as Dr Halsey had told them.
Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing... Where is all the hunt the truth stuff within H5... Seems like they just forgot about it!
"The official story is the Master Chief is dead." So where's that story element, 343?
ALFRED BEN wrote:
I thought it was pretty obvious that the Hunt the Truth campaign was about ONI lying to the public. Master Chief was never doing anything wrong, it was all lies by ONI to try and cover themselves and the Spartan IIs past while pushing the new IVs as heroes.
Locke was tasked with bringing Chief in because he was AWOL, and as a Spartan II that's a pretty big deal, especially when he's leading 3 other Spartans with him. So the UNSC wanted to bring him back in to keep him in check because they didn't exactly know what he was doing. They also didn't think he was capable with dealing with Cortana as a threat, as Dr Halsey had told them.
So was it maybe an interpretation thing? Hunt the truth: this is how the public sees what's going on while H5: this is what is actually going on. In the campaign, chief doesn't really go AWOL like they talk about it in hunt the truth, he simply just disobeys an order. Seems like its blown out of proportion in hunt the truth and was not really followed through with in the campaign. I guess I expected more in the campaign about chief going AWOL, than just "negative infinity, I'm going to deal with cortona on my own regardless of what you say." Not sure if that makes sense
Catchy marketing campaign for the squirrel-brains.
Hunt the Truth? More like Hunt the BS.

ONI is never explored

Chief going AWOL is never explored

OSIRIS is never explored.

I feel like the series and marketing were borderline false advertising.
XSevSpreeX wrote:
"The official story is the Master Chief is dead." So where's that story element, 343?
I know, so much hype on the chief being dead or going rogue and yet none of this is addressed fully in the campaign. I really expected the campaign to go further in to these topics since they were hyping it up so much before launch, but I guess it was all advertisement. And it worked cuz it got me to buy it and made me super excited about the story they were going to tell. Hahaha
Hunt the Truth? More like Hunt the BS.

ONI is never explored

Chief going AWOL is never explored

OSIRIS is never explored.

I feel like the series and marketing were borderline false advertising.
Hahaha, right? chief going AWOL is pretty much chief telling infinity...

"Nah guys, I'll check this whole cortana thing out myself, be back in a jiffy"

And infinity "alright Osiris go bring back chief and his homies"

end of story, by the way cortana has gone bad! Lol
Ok, let me try. Season 1 was just a journalist trying to bring Chief's controversial story to light. Now season 2 is about Maya, true it doesn't tie in with Halo 5 that much, but the ending does. With Maya becoming an AI and Cortana and the others AIs coming into power, BB and Maya will make the decision to join Cortana or not. Also the two videos of Master Chief death, my theory is that when Chief declines to return home instead to search for Cortana, they tasked Osiris to bring him back, when they reported that Chief activated the Guardian in Meridian then ONI had two options- 1. Tell the public that Chief is responsible for the destruction of Merdian and then people will start blaming him for the other activations and the previous ones (even though he didn't) or 2. Say that he died before someone discovered that he activated the Meridian Guardian. Or another theory is that Cortana convinces the ONI AI to tell ONI officials to declare Chief dead. The last two are just theories, but the first one is the plausible one. But I think Hunt the Truth has become more of another media like the Escalation comics.
This is from the Hunt the Truth Discussion Thread I posted a while back...

For those who come to these forums right before listening to Hunt the Truth, think about this while your listening: What are the constants in each episode? What is the true danger? What is the Truth they seek? One last thing: If you see one hand moving, make sure you watch the other one because some of the stuff could be a disctraction from the Truth.
For those who have already listened to Hunt the Truth: Spoilers...
Spoiler:
Show
ALFRED BEN wrote:
I thought it was pretty obvious that the Hunt the Truth campaign was about ONI lying to the public. Master Chief was never doing anything wrong, it was all lies by ONI to try and cover themselves and the Spartan IIs past while pushing the new IVs as heroes.
Locke was tasked with bringing Chief in because he was AWOL, and as a Spartan II that's a pretty big deal, especially when he's leading 3 other Spartans with him. So the UNSC wanted to bring him back in to keep him in check because they didn't exactly know what he was doing. They also didn't think he was capable with dealing with Cortana as a threat, as Dr Halsey had told them.
So yeah thanks for summarizing the first 4/15 missions. Too bad that plot dropped off a cliff reeeaaallll fast
This is from the Hunt the Truth Discussion Thread I posted a while back...
For those who come to these forums right before listening to Hunt the Truth, think about this while your listening: What are the constants in each episode? What is the true danger? What is the Truth they seek? One last thing: If you see one hand moving, make sure you watch the other one because some of the stuff could be a disctraction from the Truth.
For those who have already listened to Hunt the Truth: Spoilers...
Spoiler:
Show

That makes sense and all, but I think you're reading into it a bit too far. Well, hear me out. 343 made multiple trailers all showing Locke and Master Chief either in combat or clearly stating their intentions of "hunting the truth" without ANY other hint towards anything. It was pretty straight forward. 343 even had that trailer with Chief dying at Locke's feet and then an alternate version of Locke at Chief's feet (a scenario and scene that was never replicated in any way in the final product). That was in no way shape or form directed at the guardians.... I think the direction you take HtT with is much better and sounds more insightful, but I think that's something knowledgeable fans like yourself are doing to make sense of things. TBH I found the Halo 5 campaign lacking in content and seemingly extremely rushed, since 3 missions are literally talking to people. No Halo game has done that before, and counting that 2 minutes of a baby cutscene as a full mission 3 times is very lazy of 343.... Not to mention the entire multiplayer experience seems oriented to warzone so I feel like 343 started with a good base when the project started of "Hunting the truth" about 'who dun it' with Locke and Chief, and then refocused to other areas (like warzone, which they shouldn't have), and left the campaign to be completed by fewer people than originally planned and it ended up pretty misdirected.
Given the content of Halo 5, all the trailers, and Microsoft/343 statements (Like the campaign going to be ~2x longer than Halo 4 and ending up being notably shorter), I think that the campaign ended up not being a priority at all for 343. They decided warzone would be the money maker and they directed all their focus on it.
So many not getting the story is sad. Clearly 343 needs to Barney it up some more...
o G1N o wrote:
ALFRED BEN wrote:
I thought it was pretty obvious that the Hunt the Truth campaign was about ONI lying to the public. Master Chief was never doing anything wrong, it was all lies by ONI to try and cover themselves and the Spartan IIs past while pushing the new IVs as heroes.
Locke was tasked with bringing Chief in because he was AWOL, and as a Spartan II that's a pretty big deal, especially when he's leading 3 other Spartans with him. So the UNSC wanted to bring him back in to keep him in check because they didn't exactly know what he was doing. They also didn't think he was capable with dealing with Cortana as a threat, as Dr Halsey had told them.
So was it maybe an interpretation thing? Hunt the truth: this is how the public sees what's going on while H5: this is what is actually going on. In the campaign, chief doesn't really go AWOL like they talk about it in hunt the truth, he simply just disobeys an order. Seems like its blown out of proportion in hunt the truth and was not really followed through with in the campaign. I guess I expected more in the campaign about chief going AWOL, than just "negative infinity, I'm going to deal with cortona on my own regardless of what you say." Not sure if that makes sense
I viewed it as ONI trying to cover themselves if Chief did anything wrong. I mean, he is the best and most recognized soldier in the UNSC and he is leading 3 other Spartan IIs with him. That's a pretty big deal. Especially if the public thinks he is the one responsible for releasing the Guardians. And I still feel like there is something like disdain towards the Spartan IIs with the IVs being seen as the replacements. So ONI could have been trying to demonize the Spartan IIs and push the new IVs as heroes.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2