Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How get better in multiplayer ?

OP TinhosoChc

hi guys, i realized something, i complete the halo 5 campaign in the legendary with activated skulls "quiet", but when i go to competitive i hardly get to be among the best. I would like to know from you what made you improve, both warzone and ranked etc.
thank you for your attention.
att-Christopher.
I shoot the person more than they shoot me....

But no in all seriousness it’s just learning the layout of the map and how people playing on those maps for each game type. That usually comes with time and practice though. Learn to pace your shots and eventually speed it up as you get more comfortable.
find your play style, Do you like being aggressive and up close or play the long range support/clean up?
The best thing you can do to improve is just play the game. The more you play the more you learn how weapons, maps, enemies, abilities, and movement all work. The next best thing to do I would say is to watch videos of pro players play. Personally doing that has helped me a lot with movement and learning maps and how to move around them better.
Skill comes with time really.

Learn to wield a magnum, learn map layouts and sight lines. Figure out how to traverse maps with Spartan abilities.

Generally the enemy team will spawn across the map from where your team is located. That helps.
Its all time, just play, practice you’ll get better.

If I had to give one tip:
Stay alive, don’t chase someone down for a kill. Readjust for every scenario.
Play SWAT or Free for All. Learning how to use the magnum and aiming for the head even with a shield will help out a lot. Free for Fall teaches you how to get better on your own without a team. and SWAT helps you better with your aim in my opinion. Those two playlist are how i sharpen my skills. Practice practice practice!
Thank you guys, i'll follow what you gave me, now it's so training.

:D
TheDonCJG wrote:

Learn to wield a magnum, learn map layouts and sight lines. Figure out how to traverse maps with Spartan abilities.

Generally the enemy team will spawn across the map from where your team is located. That helps.

I agree with everything you've said.

What do you mean by "don't chase someone down for a kill"?
That someone you let get away, usually sneaks back to kill you. and also, if you chase them down, they may be spring a trap for you and end up killing you as well.
Some other times, I've tried sprinting far away from the point of encounter - but they chased me down and killed me!! :(
RulerOTW wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:

I agree with everything you've said.

What do you mean by "don't chase someone down for a kill"?
That someone you let get away, usually sneaks back to kill you. and also, if you chase them down, they may be spring a trap for you and end up killing you as well.
Some other times, I've tried sprinting far away from the point of encounter - but they chased me down and killed me!! :(
By that I mean, it’s not always worth chasing a single guy for a kill. Especially in hardcore matches where everyone is pretty good. Sometimes it worth stepping back, reloading and come at it again with a fresh engagement.
I find myself getting toooo caught up trying to kill a single guy and just end up screwing myself over.
I would love to tell you the answer but unfortunately this is something 343 has not addressed in H5. I feel it is on them to create a practical solution gametype to hone skills. Some sort of an obstacle shooting range where you can track progress and learn to get better...

It begs the question of how I turned into a noob from bungie days to 343. That, if anything I have posted, should inspire a day off to dwell on from the development team at 343.