How good of a game will Halo 5 be?

OP XLG Unleashed

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2

Rate Halo 5 on a scale from 1 - 5

Make Your Selection:

I looked for a thread of this nature and couldn't find one so I decided to make my own. Please leave a comment with your rating and why you gave the rating you did.
I'm still a neutral person.
Those twin trailers....
Probably a 4
4/5 but it would be a 9/10. MM looks great and all the Hunt the Truth and such is making the story more interesting.
I assume 5 is best?
Don't know game aint out yety
Can't reliably tell yet, but I'm optimistic.
its a great game
Are we talking about the Campaign or the MM. Because those are going to be two different ratings as far as I can tell.

The campaign, assuming the greatness of it follows the greatness of the HTT series so far, it will be a good 4/5.

The MM, that's a complete mess, it'll be around 2/5. It would be a 1/5, but it's at least better than H4, so I can't go that low.
Campaign will most probably be pretty good, as for multiplayer...I'm cautiously optimistic.
Would love to review the game, but it kind of hasn't been released yet.
Not gonna praise it until I see more story & the changes they've made since the beta in action. But I'll stay optimistic though. so neutral a 3.
I'm going to give it only a 4 for right now. What I know for certainty is the following:

• The story behind the campaign is looking to be the best in the franchise for a while, perhaps even better than Halo 2. (No, not a Halo 2 uber fan, but loved the story.)
  • The MP for 4v4 is beautifully done, my fears of starting with an AR were relieved, though want to see how much the rifle has changed since the beta.
These two facts alone, mean that the game will be above average, because I will want to play the game because of these two facts alone, with that said, these things NEED to be addressed for it to be a solid '4'
  • Details about how much customization we have in both forging maps, and game types.
  • Application of Firefight (Not Spartan Ops, Firefight).
  • Information of more armor options, not necessarily in the form of shoulder customization, but in more armor patters for each suit.
From these applications, I would be adamant on giving it a 4, perhaps even a 5 out of 5,and I suspect we will see most of these addressed at e3, but I won't give a rating I would fall back on.

Now to apply an absolute '5' in my book, here's what I want from 343:

• reapplying weapons such as the Plasma Rifle, SAW, Railgun, Needle Rifle, Grenade Launcher, Sticky Detonator, and the Bruteshot, Plasma Grenade Launcher."
  • Increased customization to allow for choosing individual shoulder pieces, leggings, chest, helmet, visor, and voice for your Spartan.
  • Allowing players to play as a Sangheili, or Elite for the less cultured here.
  • Giving the Arbiter his own mini Campaign bridging his major actions from Halo 3, to Halo 4. (I want to have John and Locke as the true stars in the Campaign).
  • Applying UNSC air vehicles in the form of the hornet, and or preferably the Falcon.
Just to clarify, 5 is the best for those that are unsure.

Thanks for all your feedback and I am glad that the majority of the Halo community is optimistic.

I will now conduct my own rating and review

I Believe Halo 5 may be the best Halo since Halo 3, for many reasons and here Is why.The Halo 5 beta pulled something off very hard to do. It returned to the fair arena 4v4 style that many of us love, but It did so with so many new innovations to the game. Its like the best of the old, combined with something new. Many games fail to evolve and become stale, others evolve poorly (cough* halo 4). Halo has never had a bad campaign, IMO, and this one looks to be shaping up to be one of the better ones. And Im sure there is still a large amount of the game to be revealed. We haven't heard anything about: Theater, Forge, BTB, firefight/spartanops, spartan customization etc.

Player investments

The greatest thing 343 did with almost no effort that made the game far more interesting was the return of skill ranks. The iron-onyx and semi pro/pro system, while flawed, was still a great implementation and gave players an incentive to play. I think we learned that just unlocking armor and a non skill ranking system isn't enough for us, we need a challenge, a rank that actually matters somewhat, and says something about our skill. I'm sure the ranking will be tweaked and working well when the game is complete.

4v4 arena gameplay

Skill based multiplayer has returned. No more loadouts, perks, or weapon drops. All great decisions by 343 to return to a halo that has everyone on a level playing field. Teamwork dominates the game, and setting up for power weapons is crucial for winning.

Spartan abilities

Very controversial abilites. Do they add to the skill gap or make it smaller. things like clamber change the game immensely and make you more mobile, but it also makes skill jumps irrelevant. Thrust Is definetly interesting. It makes things like rockets and nades slightly less effective, and also makes you more mobile and you can pull of crazy jukes with it. I didn't think it was very bad for gameplay, and It definetly had an impact. ads honestly doesnt make a difference. you could do that in every halo, now it just looks different. Now you see your gun, instead of before you didn't. ground pound was actually really fun to use and wasn't the easiest thing to use, especially with people thrusting away. The only thing I didn't like was i couldnt crouch jump, but they said they were going to fix that.

Maps

Maps are great, with the exception of orion and pegasus. Truth - 10/10. Regret - 7/10. Eden - 8/10. Empire - 7/10. 7 out of ten, to me is still a good rating. I am scaling based on all halo maps made ever, ex: the pit, guardian, heretic being 10's. Halo 4 had one 8 (Haven) and the rest were 5 and below lol. So the maps are great so far. And the remix system is fantastic. It takes 343 less effort, and we get more maps. If the give us 12 actual maps (not fw or breakout maps) on release day and remix all of them, that is 24 maps, which is probably a record for most multiplayer maps on a game at launch. Orion was okay i guess, pegasus just felt silly. if 343 reads this, for 4v4 arena style gameplay, symmetrical maps should be emphasized.
I gave it a 1. It couldn't even hold my attention past the placement matches. It was really boring to play and I think the population will fall away quicker than H4.
Where is the 0 option?
Are you kidding me? This is HALO and 343 industries! What could possibly go wrong? Jk. I have high hopes and gave it 5!
2 or 3, I don't have too much hope or expectations after reading some things.
Salvanous wrote:
I'm going to give it only a 4 for right now. What I know for certainty is the following:

• The story behind the campaign is looking to be the best in the franchise for a while, perhaps even better than Halo 2. (No, not a Halo 2 uber fan, but loved the story.)
  • The MP for 4v4 is beautifully done, my fears of starting with an AR were relieved, though want to see how much the rifle has changed since the beta.
These two facts alone, mean that the game will be above average, because I will want to play the game because of these two facts alone, with that said, these things NEED to be addressed for it to be a solid '4'
  • Details about how much customization we have in both forging maps, and game types.
  • Application of Firefight (Not Spartan Ops, Firefight).
  • Information of more armor options, not necessarily in the form of shoulder customization, but in more armor patters for each suit.
From these applications, I would be adamant on giving it a 4, perhaps even a 5 out of 5,and I suspect we will see most of these addressed at e3, but I won't give a rating I would fall back on.

Now to apply an absolute '5' in my book, here's what I want from 343:

• reapplying weapons such as the Plasma Rifle, SAW, Railgun, Needle Rifle, Grenade Launcher, Sticky Detonator, and the Bruteshot, Plasma Grenade Launcher."
  • Increased customization to allow for choosing individual shoulder pieces, leggings, chest, helmet, visor, and voice for your Spartan.
  • Allowing players to play as a Sangheili, or Elite for the less cultured here.
  • Giving the Arbiter his own mini Campaign bridging his major actions from Halo 3, to Halo 4. (I want to have John and Locke as the true stars in the Campaign).
  • Applying UNSC air vehicles in the form of the hornet, and or preferably the
that's specific
Going by the beta I'd say a solid 5. It was some of the best times I've had with games and this was just the beta!

Please don't yell at me...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2