How important it is 343 gives INFECTION Jan Update

OP ginger hawk77

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
Everyone knows this should have been in the game at launch, but because Halo 5 was underdeveloped in terms of gamemode variants, the community has had to deal without it now. 2 months later with forge now in the loop, people want infection more than ever now, Halo needs infection- You must understand that. And 343 we know were hard on you guys but I swear if you let this community down again with another update WITHOUT infection, we got a problem. If you guys fail to see that this is the most requested thing in the game right now, (even more than other gamemodes like oddball, greifball, king of the hill, etc) then that proves you guys are not listening to your community.

The vast majority of fans want Infection? Give them infection! It should have been in launch and holding it back any longer is just making people pissed at you guys! :l

Please, please give us infection in January update, no more waiting.
-Literally everyone in Halo community (in case you guys haven't been listening)
I don't think it's very important because I don't think adding that one game mode will save it.
Infection with the SA would be amazing. Imagine the horde spilling over walls... and flooding into bunkers, as spartans slide under broken doors to avoid them!
I dont even play the game anymore.
But I think infection would be bad because in H5 it is so easy to hit someone, the infected would have no chance at all.
Not as important as a custom game lobby system/browser to actually find people to play Forge maps.
They need to add a lot more than just infection (Regicide, KoTH, Head Hunter). If they want to maintain people's interest in Halo, they seriously have to add more game modes and organize then better than what we have now. Putting multiple game types in one game mode, team arena, they need to give each one its own game mode. I love CTF and hate Breakout, but now I have to play like 10 game of Breakout or Slayer just to randomly play CTF.
i never cared for infection so to me it's not a big deal. I'm more concerned with koth and oddball
I pretty much give up on Halo 5 if it doesn't get at least some of the series' gametypes added in January. Not going to bother trying to sell it, but any hopes and ambitions I had for a return to form for the Halo series will be dead along with my interest in continuing to play.
Not important to me at all.
Not important at all. They have more important things to do like fix spawning, add more unskinned maps, koth, assault, oddball and infection after that.
Techarch 1 wrote:
They need to add a lot more than just infection (Regicide, KoTH, Head Hunter). If they want to maintain people's interest in Halo, they seriously have to add more game modes and organize then better than what we have now. Putting multiple game types in one game mode, team arena, they need to give each one its own game mode. I love CTF and hate Breakout, but now I have to play like 10 game of Breakout or Slayer just to randomly play CTF.
i couldn't agree more
Not important at all. They have more important things to do like fix spawning, add more unskilled maps, koth, assault, oddball and infection after that.
exaclty this.

what about bomb? did they just assume we don't want to play KOTH or oddball after the shoved breakout down our throats? i haven't met anyone who LOVES breakout. i hate it just like most people. but id rather play breakout than infection. infection has always been a game of finding the highest point or the least accessible point and camping to survive. best camper wins. infection is garbage.

that being said it should definitely be included to give this game the variety is desperately needs. once the holiday playlists are gone there will be 5 ranked playlists and ONE social playlist in team arena. 6 playlists? even 8 is unacceptable. this is ridiculous.

oh well at least the game looks amazing. I'm glad they sacrificed split screen for such a great looking game, i don't even notice the lack of variety. oh wait, no, these BTB forge maps look on par with halo 3. reach maps looked better. never mind.
they need to do something other than all these different weapon skins and variants or weapons/vehicles. idc if they start putting in community made forge maps....we need more maps and playlists
I really want Infection and Firefight mode back, but mostly Infection, as the amount of custom game modes I played with it in Reach, was too darn high to count, but my fav was called I think Duck Mountain
phoreman wrote:
Techarch 1 wrote:
i couldn't agree more
Not important at all. They have more important things to do like fix spawning, add more unskilled maps, koth, assault, oddball and infection after that.
exaclty this.

what about bomb? did they just assume we don't want to play KOTH or oddball after the shoved breakout down our throats? i haven't met anyone who LOVES breakout. i hate it just like most people. but id rather play breakout than infection. infection has always been a game of finding the highest point or the least accessible point and camping to survive. best camper wins. infection is garbage.

that being said it should definitely be included to give this game the variety is desperately needs. once the holiday playlists are gone there will be 5 ranked playlists and ONE social playlist in team arena. 6 playlists? even 8 is unacceptable. this is ridiculous.

oh well at least the game looks amazing. I'm glad they sacrificed split screen for such a great looking game, i don't even notice the lack of variety. oh wait, no, these BTB forge maps look on par with halo 3. reach maps looked better. never mind.
I hate breakout as well, as far as looks this is ugly for an x1 game. Just look at star wars and others.
Very important for the custom game world.
Dr Element wrote:
Very important for the custom game world.
I agreed with you on that, just look at the kind of custom games that ppl made in Reach with Infection
I really want to play infection
It seems the people who hate infection never played any of the amazing customs that it made possible
I dont even play the game anymore.
But I think infection would be bad because in H5 it is so easy to hit someone, the infected would have no chance at all.
It's possible to turn off Spartan abilities
Come on 343! Just do it!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15