OP ginger hawk77

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. ...
  7. 15
i never cared for infection so to me it's not a big deal. I'm more concerned with koth and oddball
True, Infection isn't for everyone and your right as well to wonder where the heck Oddball, KOTH, and some of the others like Assault, Race and Griffball have vanished off to. I do want Infection back though as it gave us many great mini-games.
I think that an update is Strongly needed for all of these gametypes as well as a better organised Matchmaking setup as the Current one is heavily competitive focused.
I'd have set it out more like.

First off change the Arena title to Matchmaking and then have 2 sub sections appear, containing playlists to choose from under the names of Arena and Social.

Arena playlists
  • Team Slayer - 4v4 competitive team slayer only (No breakout thrown in, if it's got a play list don't need it here)
  • Team Objective - 4v4 competitive team objective games including CTF and adding Oddball and KOTH
  • Free-For-All - 6-8 players with variants like Oddball, KOTH added to go with the standard slayer
  • Team Doubles - 2v2 with not just slayer but Oddball and KOTH added in
  • SWAT - No need to explain
  • Breakout - same here
  • Squad Battle - Competitve 6v6 matches of CTF, Slayer, Territories, Assault
Social Playlist
  • Social Slayer - 5v5 team slayer variants (no break out)
  • Social Skirmish - 5v5 like the arena objectives but also include Assault and even VIP given some map sizes
  • Rumble Pit - 8 players and add in Juggernaut into the mix
  • Big-Team-Battle - same as it is but add Assault and possibly VIP and Territories
  • Living Dead - do I even need to explain this one (Whispers Infection based games)
  • Griffball - pretty much the same as it was but if not as a separate playlist then at least included in the following one.
  • Special Double EXP/ REQ Weekends - fun gametypes like Rockets, Shotty Snipers, Ricochet, Fiesta etc.
these are my thought, what do you guys think.
You know what else would be a great gift? GRIFFBALL!!!
Adding one game mode would be a lot of work for the halo team. If they added in some more maps and game modes in one update it could boost the amount of players and ratings of the current game.
I still feel it is important for then to continue working on bug fixes and improvements to existing game modes and variants before introducing new game modes into the ecosystem just yet.
While I think that Infection would be great, I would also be a big fan of additional Warzone maps - it's my most played multiplayer game type.
If infection comes I also believe Grifball should come too. But I absolutely think more game modes need to be added. The game has become rather dull and some new game types would mix things up a little bit.
Not important at all, there are so many other gametypes needed much more.
343 Needs to add in Infection Asap, it has been a core game mode of almost all the halo games, And it has a huge influence on "forge made" Custom games most of really great game modes need infection for example: Fat kid, jenga, duck hunt, That game mode where you dodge the warthogs coming down the slide ect, You get it. The point is Halo 5 needs this to make it better than just an "ok" game, make no mistake I love Halo 5 but adding this may bring some fans who quit back in.
Dude...it's only been in since h3 and half way through the games life at that. Not a core Halo game. That's oddball, koth, assault ect which nobody has a Flippin clue as to why they arnt in here
Even if it has still only been through half of the halo Games it still is one of the core custom game modes, think about it, how many custom games involved infection compared to assault, oddball ect
Look I want infection as the next player but we need to understand that we will get infection it's just when and I know one game mode won't save the game but all of this demanding isn't gonna help if we keep asking 343i every second so ease back on the demanding and let 343i work
How about yoink infection and fix the server issues that people been having lately. It not like they're going to put infection in halo 5
DG TKO157 wrote:
i never cared for infection so to me it's not a big deal. I'm more concerned with koth and oddball
True, Infection isn't for everyone and your right as well to wonder where the heck Oddball, KOTH, and some of the others like Assault, Race and Griffball have vanished off to. I do want Infection back though as it gave us many great mini-games.
I think that an update is Strongly needed for all of these gametypes as well as a better organised Matchmaking setup as the Current one is heavily competitive focused.
I'd have set it out more like.

First off change the Arena title to Matchmaking and then have 2 sub sections appear, containing playlists to choose from under the names of Arena and Social.

Arena playlists
  • Team Slayer - 4v4 competitive team slayer only (No breakout thrown in, if it's got a play list don't need it here)
  • Team Objective - 4v4 competitive team objective games including CTF and adding Oddball and KOTH
  • Free-For-All - 6-8 players with variants like Oddball, KOTH added to go with the standard slayer
  • Team Doubles - 2v2 with not just slayer but Oddball and KOTH added in
  • SWAT - No need to explain
  • Breakout - same here
  • Squad Battle - Competitve 6v6 matches of CTF, Slayer, Territories, Assault
Social Playlist
  • Social Slayer - 5v5 team slayer variants (no break out)
  • Social Skirmish - 5v5 like the arena objectives but also include Assault and even VIP given some map sizes
  • Rumble Pit - 8 players and add in Juggernaut into the mix
  • Big-Team-Battle - same as it is but add Assault and possibly VIP and Territories
  • Living Dead - do I even need to explain this one (Whispers Infection based games)
  • Griffball - pretty much the same as it was but if not as a separate playlist then at least included in the following one.
  • Special Double EXP/ REQ Weekends - fun gametypes like Rockets, Shotty Snipers, Ricochet, Fiesta etc.
these are my thought, what do you guys think.
This is way too many social playlists. I don't believe in having duplicate social and ranked playlists, except for rumble pit, as it has greater variety than FFA.Halo 5 doesn't have the population to sustain this many playlists. At most, we should have 4 social playlists. BTB as a constant, while different game types cycle through on a weekly basis, one of the slots will be based on popular demand. If people want to play casually ( I don't know what that even means, I play the game to have fun at all times, and trying to win is an inherent part of that) they can rank as silver or bronze. When people say they don't want to try hard, I don't understand that. Do you just stand around and die? How much effort are you exerting to play this game that you have to try really hard? It is a game. Play consistently for fun.
I don't think it's THAT important really. I think only a select group of people played Infection anyways. It was only really popular in Halo 3 to be honest. Not saying people didn't play it in the other games, but I just remember the population counter compared to other playlists. That being said, I'd rather 343i focus on giving us some good Arena maps & BTB maps more than anything.

Also, I think a permanent 5 vs. 5 Social Slayer (without any freakin' Team Snipers every goshdarn game) would be a good place to start. Then they need a fun Social Playlist with mixed gametypes along with keeping BTB as Social. I really miss Multi-Team from Halo:Reach, it was the one good thing Reach had to me. Crazy King, Oddball, & Slayer were so fun in there. I would also not mind if they made it so the Warzone playlists you could only search with up to 8 people instead of 12 so that there at least had to be some randoms on each time, it would be more fair honestly.

EDIT: Yes, whoever posted all those playlists, as some of those are good ideas, those are way too many playlists like others have said. People already barely play this game anymore. Dividing the searches up into that many playlists is going to lead to long search times on a system that hasn't sold well to begin with in a game that people have already moved on from.
Imagine all the t-bags w/ the last man standing...
If they don't actually add multiple game modes I am just gonna put the final nail in the coffin and delete 5. I haven't played it in forever due to being bored of it and now I am just holding out for January.
xdigital17 wrote:
I don't think it's THAT important really. I think only a select group of people played Infection anyways. It was only really popular in Halo 3 to be honest. Not saying people didn't play it in the other games, but I just remember the population counter compared to other playlists. That being said, I'd rather 343i focus on giving us some good Arena maps & BTB maps more than anything.

Also, I think a permanent 5 vs. 5 Social Slayer (without any freakin' Team Snipers every goshdarn game) would be a good place to start. Then they need a fun Social Playlist with mixed gametypes along with keeping BTB as Social. I really miss Multi-Team from Halo:Reach, it was the one good thing Reach had to me. Crazy King, Oddball, & Slayer were so fun in there. I would also not mind if they made it so the Warzone playlists you could only search with up to 8 people instead of 12 so that there at least had to be some randoms on each time, it would be more fair honestly.

EDIT: Yes, whoever posted all those playlists, as some of those are good ideas, those are way too many playlists like others have said. People already barely play this game anymore. Dividing the searches up into that many playlists is going to lead to long search times on a system that hasn't sold well to begin with in a game that people have already moved on from.
It was and is one of the most played game modes in Reach. So yeah, pretty important. Also consider the lack of custom games right now due to no infection mode.
Hola soy nuevo a qui alguen habla español ?
Yes do it
I want an advanced gametype creator so poeple can make gametypes like Trouble in Terrorist Town, Death Run, The Hidden, etc. Sorry if those just sound like Seananners youtube channel...
omarlotrc wrote:
Anyone who thinks infection isn't important clearly isn't thinking straight. Its one thing to not really care because you don't play it much. But I'm seriously trying to wrap my mind around the fact that some people will go as far as to say it shouldn't be in the game... What? Tell me how in any universe that makes sense?

This game lacks in content. We need all those past gametypes we're used to seeing around. KotH, Oddball, Griffball/Ricochet or some form of Halo ball gametype, and infection. Not to mention some sort of PvE Warzone variant to fill the void left by Firefight and Spartan Ops. Not to mention a proper file browser. Halo 4 had all these things. No reason why this game should leave any of these out. I get it. To meet deadlines sometimes you have to make cuts. But we still expect the missing stuff relatively soon after launch. January needs to be the moment we start to see the gametypes showing up.
I agree wholeheartedly with what you are saying; however, realistically speaking it would be very unlikely that these modes that you are asking for are going to be in the January update.
Yeah I could understand if only some of these got in. But at this point they need to at least begin to directly address the issue and give us an idea of which things will be here first and when we might see this stuff. 343 needs to step it up. More direct communication on these forums needs to happen. It's an insult when we see so much info being talked about or confirmed on other sites.
You're absolutely right.
phoreman wrote:
Techarch 1 wrote:
They need to add a lot more than just infection (Regicide, KoTH, Head Hunter). If they want to maintain people's interest in Halo, they seriously have to add more game modes and organize then better than what we have now. Putting multiple game types in one game mode, team arena, they need to give each one its own game mode. I love CTF and hate Breakout, but now I have to play like 10 game of Breakout or Slayer just to randomly play CTF.
i couldn't agree more
Not important at all. They have more important things to do like fix spawning, add more unskilled maps, koth, assault, oddball and infection after that.
exaclty this.

what about bomb? did they just assume we don't want to play KOTH or oddball after the shoved breakout down our throats? i haven't met anyone who LOVES breakout. i hate it just like most people. but id rather play breakout than infection. infection has always been a game of finding the highest point or the least accessible point and camping to survive. best camper wins. infection is garbage.

that being said it should definitely be included to give this game the variety is desperately needs. once the holiday playlists are gone there will be 5 ranked playlists and ONE social playlist in team arena. 6 playlists? even 8 is unacceptable. this is ridiculous.

oh well at least the game looks amazing. I'm glad they sacrificed split screen for such a great looking game, i don't even notice the lack of variety. oh wait, no, these BTB forge maps look on par with halo 3. reach maps looked better. never mind.
I love breakout
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. ...
  7. 15