Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How many Onyx in relation to total population

OP Shotshaper88

I’m curious as to what percentage of the population is at the onyx level for Slayer? It seems the top 300 are Champion, and the lowest Onyx is ranked 1500. Does that mean there are 1200 Onyx players that are not Champion? That seems like it would be a high percentage of the total current population in that rank. Or I could be totally wrong.
thx
Hey, you can actually check on halotracker to see the division of the population's ranks. Here's the link: http://halotracker.com/h5/csrbreakdown . Hope this helps! :)
This depends as the rank of Onyx is given to all players with a greater CSR score than a given number and not as a proportion to the total population. If I remember, there exist the following CSR requirements for each respective rank.
Spoiler:
Show
This depends as the rank of Onyx is given to all players with a greater CSR score than a given number and not as a proportion to the total population. If I remember, there exist the following CSR requirements for each respective rank.
Spoiler:
Show
Thanks!
Spoiler:
Show
Thanks!
To add to this, you need a 1600+ csr to get into Champ. Onyx is usually around 3% of a playlist’s population.
IGRS wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
Thanks!
To add to this, you need a 1600+ csr to get into Champ. Onyx is usually around 3% of a playlist’s population.
So it’s actually a rather small proportion of the population then. Can multiple people sit at the same CSR? Can there be 2 Onyx 1500 people?
I always wondered what the bronze ranks are like...
IGRS wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
Thanks!
So it’s actually a rather small proportion of the population then. Can multiple people sit at the same CSR? Can there be 2 Onyx 1500 people?
Yes, there may exist multiple players at the same CSR level like multiple Onyx players with exactly 1500 CSR. The only factor that determines the rank displayed (except for Champion) is the amount of CSR that the player has.

However, I'm uncertain how 343 Industries handles the situation of ordering multiple players at the rank of champion with the same CSR player . This is especially interesting in the later end of spectrum of players at Champion like if the 200th-201st highest ranked Onyx player has the same CSR level. Does this mean that all 2 players receive the rank of Champion or does there exist any other factor to determine which player that receives the rank of Onyx or Champion.
IGRS wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
Thanks!
Yes, there may exist multiple players at the same CSR level like multiple Onyx players with exactly 1500 CSR. The only factor that determines the rank displayed (except for Champion) is the amount of CSR that the player has.

However, I'm uncertain how 343 Industries handles the situation of ordering multiple players at the rank of champion with the same CSR player . This is especially interesting in the later end of spectrum of players at Champion like if the 200th-201st highest ranked Onyx player has the same CSR level. Does this mean that all 2 players receive the rank of Champion or does there exist any other factor to determine which player that receives the rank of Onyx or Champion.
If there are two Champions at the same level of CSR then they will be awarded the same rank, however the Champion above them will be two ranks ahead.
For example two players tied for Champion 200 will display the rank of Champion 200 whereas the next highest Champion will display Champion 198 as there can only be 200 Champions at any given time in the respective playlists.

I hope that makes sense.
UK1V wrote:
IGRS wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
Thanks!

If there are two Champions at the same level of CSR then they will be awarded the same rank, however the Champion above them will be two ranks ahead.
For example two players tied for Champion 200 will display the rank of Champion 200 whereas the next highest Champion will display Champion 198 as there can only be 200 Champions at any given time in the respective playlists.

I hope that makes sense.
Actually, if you tie to make it into the top 200, there can be more than 200 champs. It’s the case right now in slayer (several people are tied for 198 so there’s 205 champs).
IGRS wrote:
UK1V wrote:
IGRS wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
Thanks!

I hope that makes sense.
Actually, if you tie to make it into the top 200, there can be more than 200 champs. It’s the case right now in slayer (several people are tied for 198 so there’s 205 champs).
Ah, yes there is, I think I'm done going for champion. Saving my sweaty thumbs for Infinite.
IGRS wrote:
UK1V wrote:
IGRS wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
Thanks!

I hope that makes sense.
If you check out the leaderboards for ranked slayer there’s multiple instances of people tied at certain Champion ranks, however there’s still only 200 Champions overall. For example

The leaderboard will make multiple Champions the same number but removes the numbers before it to maintain the top 200 players.
UK1V wrote:
IGRS wrote:
UK1V wrote:
IGRS wrote:
LinkThis depends as the rank of Onyx is given to all players with a greater CSR score than a given number and not as a proportion to the total population. If I remember, there exist the following CSR requirements for each respective rank.
Spoiler:
Show
Thanks!

I hope that makes sense.
If you check out the leaderboards for ranked slayer there’s multiple instances of people tied at certain Champion ranks, however there’s still only 200 Champions overall. For example

The leaderboard will make multiple Champions the same number but removes the numbers before it to maintain the top 200 players.
There’s 25 players per page on the leaderboard, when I posted yesterday champs went into page 9 (over 200).

Slayer has adjusted some so there’s 200 now, but there’s 201 in swat currently: https://ibb.co/2q4BbMQ