Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How many people here actualy earned Helioskrill ?

OP SCRUD MUFFIN

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
As someone who actually earned Helioskrill by finishing all the campaigns on legendary, I constantly wonder when I see someone wearing it whether or not they earned it.
I just wish you couldn't get it from REQ packs, so that it could be a badge of honor to wear it , not just meaningless .

tell me your thoughts please.
It's just a digital skin for a digital person, I really don't put much stock in it. Especially since it could be earned by shooting a Scarab gun through waves of paper thin covenant.

Legendary MCC isn't enough of a challenge to justify placing Helioskrill on a mantle and gaping in awe at those who "earned" it.

The other campaigns are pretty hard to beat though. Have you tried ?
Granted, Halo 1 is somewhat difficult but at the same time... no it's not.
Halo 2 you can use the Scarab gun.
Halo 3 beats itself.
Halo 4 is super easy with coop.

Yes, I've beat them all and yes I've "earned it" but again it's really not that challenging. It's like this fellow says:
Probably a significant amount of the Waypoint community. Its not really a challenge to get it, more of a time sink and grind.Now if it was complete LASO over all games. That would be special.
It's just a digital skin for a digital person, I really don't put much stock in it. Especially since it could be earned by shooting a Scarab gun through waves of paper thin covenant.

Legendary MCC isn't enough of a challenge to justify placing Helioskrill on a mantle and gaping in awe at those who "earned" it.
That is only on halo 2. and I don't think you can earn anything by using it.
I earned it without any 0x skulls either
Probably a significant amount of the Waypoint community. Its not really a challenge to get it, more of a time sink and grind.

Now if it was complete LASO over all games. That would be special.
I earned it without any 0x skulls either
Good job! Which campaign was hardest for you ?

I'm pretty sure turning on the scarab gun skull turned off all achievements as it was a 0x modifier
I have earned the Armor by beating it on legendary the proper way :)
Not everybody wants to buy MCC, just to have some funky armor. & Many who have, have put in the time to earn the points needed to get it, unless they were lucky & it somehow dropped early for them. Took me MONTHS to get out of bronze & silver packs, & then more time to get it out of the stupid RNG system. That's enough frustration for some to call it "earned."Besides, why does it matter who else has it? It's not they they took "Your" armor,

I'm pretty sure turning on the scarab gun skull turned off all achievements as it was a 0x modifier
No, only Scoring and Par Time achievements were disabled. All completion achievements remained viable, even with any and all 0 multiplier skulls.
Not everybody wants to buy MCC, just to have some funky armor. & Many who have, have put in the time to earn the points needed to get it, unless they were lucky & it somehow dropped early for them. Took me MOTNHS to get out of bronze & silver packs, & then more time to get it out of the stupid RNG system. That's enough frustration for some to call it "earned."Besides, why does it matter who else has it? It's not they they took "Your" armor,
It's not that they took your armor, It's like somebody getting achilles from a pack instead of working for it.

No, only Scoring and Par Time achievements were disabled. All completion achievements remained viable, even with any and all 0 multiplier skulls.
Nah cus I'm pretty sure I ran through halo 2 legendary with it on thinking "hey this'll be easy" got to the end and no achievement...
If you can earn anything with it on, it's stupid.

Nah cus I'm pretty sure I ran through halo 2 legendary with it on thinking "hey this'll be easy" got to the end and no achievement...
Pretty sure? I've heard it said many times that the 0 multiplier skulls don't disable completion achievements. I can't verify it myself, as I got all the achievements for campaign completion (besides speedrunning and LASO) a long time ago, and legit too.
I earned mine and yeah it's upsetting that it's in req packs but as some one pointed out to me MCC is buggy so that is why they may have added it to the req system. I had to replay several missions over for them to register as complete.

Pretty sure? I've heard it said many times that the 0 multiplier skulls don't disable completion achievements. I can't verify it myself, as I got all the achievements for campaign completion (besides speedrunning and LASO) a long time ago, and legit too.
Right this is going to bug me now, I'm sure it disabled most campaign achievements, I don't think it turned off kill count ones but I do think stuff like the par time and scoring and completion (especially legendary) :/
Being part of the req system is a bit why I stopped wearing it.
I got it, and no it didn't turn off completion counting as I played through 2 with it on the first time. I did go back and do it without later as well but got the achievement with the scarab on.
Hear, hear. No skulls, just pure Helioskill.
I did! I had it in the beta, and I don't regret playing through everything on legendary either. It was a fun ride!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17