Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How many people here actualy earned Helioskrill ?

OP SCRUD MUFFIN

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 17
I beat all the games when they came out on legendary, yet there were no records of it happening. Not my fault. No way in hell would you get me to buy that turd MCC to do again either. So, yes. I earned it, by working my real job and buying reqs with real money, real achievements. Not fantasy, not xbox validations.
I earned it, by grinding through the system. It could have been unlocked in about 2 weeks via the campaigns, but since you know the Helioskrill and its variants weren't available in req packs until later on.
TARsKudd wrote:
I know what I have to do...
I think they've patched it. I've read of people saying that they recently tried and it didn't work. And as I said before when I first got the game I beat 1 CE level on Legendary, The Maw with Bandanna skull on. When I was going through recently and playing all the games on Legendary (through the Legendary playlists which have no skulls) to get the Legend achievement and Helioskrill armor the Living Legend achievement didn't pop after Keyes. It wasn't counting that Bandanna playthrough apparently. After I finished the CE Legendary playlist then it popped.
You're telling me this after I told my family, friends, coworkers, panhandlers, police officers, bakers, the president, and the Kool Aid Man. And you're saying... it's patched...
I said I think. That's the way it appears. But the Kool Aid man might still be able to get it that way... OHHHH YEAHHHH
I earned it, im pissed because they said -Yoink- all the time you spent getting it and just put it into req packs, now I wear achilles because we actually had to work for it and it will never be in packs
I earned it, did it on co-op tho :P
As someone who actually earned Helioskrill by finishing all the campaigns on legendary, I constantly wonder when I see someone wearing it whether or not they earned it.
I just wish you couldn't get it from REQ packs, so that it could be a badge of honor to wear it , not just meaningless .

tell me your thoughts please.
Wait, you get Helioskrill just by beating the campaign on Leg? How come I don't have it!?
On the mcc, according to your stats you've never played it
In that case, I'm more inclined to side with Helioskrill being available as a Mythic drop in a REQ pack. Many players don't have MCC; some do not have the funds or do not have the game for various reasons. People should not be denied in-game content because they do not have a separate game.
It's only cosmetic, it's not something you need to enjoy the game or gives you any kind of edge. Halo Reach had similar ways of unlocking armor with career milestones, where you had to get achievements in Halo 3 and ODST.
I earned it, im pissed because they said -Yoink- all the time you spent getting it and just put it into req packs, now I wear achilles because we actually had to work for it and it will never be in packs
You never know, they might just put it in REQs. I don't really care if people used skulls or got it out of a REQ. When I look at it I will know what I did to earn it. And I can tell people I beat all the Halo games on Legendary without having to coughtalk "cough**with Bandanna/Scarab on**cough cough". I'd planned on doing it before I'd even heard of the Helioskrill armor, just to prove to myself that I could. I'd already beaten 2 of the games and was working on the other two when I heard about it. And I didn't think that once I'd earned it people were going to respond to me differently in the game or have any new found respect for me. It's for me to see and be a little bit proud of. To be honest I never even notice what type of armor other people are wearing in the game. Hence never having heard of it until I saw a thread on here.
I did it without skulls.
Completed them all solo, whilst trying to beat par scores. So, quite a few skulls on. :|
Yeah I wish you couldn't get it in packs. However even if you couldn't, I think the other way of bearing all the legendary campaigns on MCC is dumb
You shouldn't have to beat four different games on legendary to get an armour set on yet another different game.
I did!
Had it unlocked before the game came out. Did not know own you could get it from Req packs. Won't be able to look at the armor the same again.
I need about 8 more missions. 4 from 2 and 4 from CE. I will probably get it from a req pack before I have a chance of beating the MCC.
Hellioskrill isn't that hard to get to be honest. It doesn't even require Legendary Alone or LASO/Mythic.
I did.
No, I don't even have it and if I did, I'd stay with my current armour
I have completed most of the legendary campaigns in TMCC. But I didn't even know that you had to do that to get the armor. Or at least I think that is what you have to do from what I was doing.
The Dnend Legion
Ive uh, earn't it from req packs?
I know that doesn't count. I tried to do it, got to the start of Halo 2, almost got to the end of cario station after ages, and it crashed at the last second, and i had to do it all over again. I didn't, and just gave up.

for a while i understood that people would be pissed at two helioskrill variants, but i never realised you could get the default one in req packs when i did, and i was a bit shocked that 343i did that. kinda sucks for the people who got it.
I got it a few weeks ago after months of trying to beat MCC on legendary, thank god I don't have to play combat evolved on legendary ever again it was biggest pain In my neck.
I did I got it from getting everything from the silver packs, then moving on to the gold packs. I didnt beat the MCC on legendary. But I have worked hard putting lots of hours to get req points and earn all those things from silver packs so that I could actually get the helioskrill armor. I still look at it as and acomplishment of getting through all the common and uncommon crap
That's the problem. Nobody wants to put in the hard work to get through legendary.
While ppl Like you play Warzone over and over and unlock it through a -Yoink- card pack
campaign is way more funny than warzone. you lose even if you do 50/6 KDand wast all you rare reqs so ill stick to arena
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 17