Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How many people here actualy earned Helioskrill ?

OP SCRUD MUFFIN

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 17
lol at these casual thinking its hard to get REQS. took me 2 months with my 40h per week job . i even thinks its too easy to get to gold pack. got nothing to do in halo 5 now...
To be honest, it takes longer to earn it through req packs than it does by playing legendary. It took me way longer just to get out of silvers alone then do finish MCC on legendary, without those 0x skulls.
I did #helioscrillpride
Nin10d0014 wrote:
Nin10d0014 wrote:
As someone who actually earned Helioskrill by finishing all the campaigns on legendary, I constantly wonder when I see someone wearing it whether or not they earned it.
I just wish you couldn't get it from REQ packs, so that it could be a badge of honor to wear it , not just meaningless .

tell me your thoughts please.
Wait, you get Helioskrill just by beating the campaign on Leg? How come I don't have it!?
On the mcc, according to your stats you've never played it
In that case, I'm more inclined to side with Helioskrill being available as a Mythic drop in a REQ pack. Many players don't have MCC; some do not have the funds or do not have the game for various reasons. People should not be denied in-game content because they do not have a separate game.
The rarest armours have always been reserved for the players with the most dedication, if your not willing to dedicate yourself to getting the mcc and grinding out every game on ledgendary (with no skills, people that used skulls like scarab, and to a lesser extent bandana, don't deserve it either.) if there was an option to do it in halo 5, like completing the campaign laso. Then it would be fine, but having it in rng ruins the value and reward of having it. That's like having a .1% chance of getting recon after every kill in halo 3, it ruins its value
Ya it shouldn't be earned in req packs I beat the whole legendary campaigns and I did it with the scarab gun skull but it's still really hard when your brother kills you every time he fired his gun so we ended up just not really using the guns that much and it doesn't feel like you earned it as much when everyone has it when they didn't even earn it.
There's really no way to argue that it takes skill to complete with scarab on, my 8 year old little sister could do that, it's point and shoot, occasionally die, try again, no strategy, noob combo, nade sticks, nothing. Completing the campaigns with bandana and scarab and saying you earned it is just wrong
I'm working on it. I haven't gotten it from RNG (thank god) but only need to finish CE and.... the alleged fourth one.
I'm working on it. I haven't gotten it from RNG (thank god) but only need to finish CE and.... the alleged fourth one.
It's a name not a number, names a piece of -Yoink-
As someone who actually earned Helioskrill by finishing all the campaigns on legendary, I constantly wonder when I see someone wearing it whether or not they earned it.
I just wish you couldn't get it from REQ packs, so that it could be a badge of honor to wear it , not just meaningless .

tell me your thoughts please.
I agree with you with it now being meaningless. I earned it - AND LOVED IT -
And now I dont. Because everyone can get it through REQs
I have lol
"I had to time to grind in a game a year before this game, I DESERVE MOOOOAR!"
That's how I'm reading this, and yes, I DID earn it the proper way (legendary solo, no skulls/glitches) but it is easy to tell apart the one we earned and the REQ ones since they have different armor skins.

It's really not that big of a deal. We still had an armor exclusive to us for over four months. And it still technically is because you cant get the basic helioskrill from the reqs
I earned it through gold packs (wink wink)
Codes 208 wrote:
"I had to time to grind in a game a year before this game, I DESERVE MOOOOAR!"
That's how I'm reading this, and yes, I DID earn it the proper way (legendary solo, no skulls/glitches) but it is easy to tell apart the one we earned and the REQ ones since they have different armor skins.

It's really not that big of a deal. We still had an armor exclusive to us for over four months. And it still technically is because you cant get the basic helioskrill from the reqs
You can, all variants of helioskrill were put in req packs several months ago
IrishLaws5 wrote:
What is Helioskrill?
A very ugly set of armor.
I earned it in co-op, no skulls on.
It's just a digital skin for a digital person, I really don't put much stock in it. Especially since it could be earned by shooting a Scarab gun through waves of paper thin covenant.

Legendary MCC isn't enough of a challenge to justify placing Helioskrill on a mantle and gaping in awe at those who "earned" it.
That is only on halo 2. and I don't think you can earn anything by using it.
The other campaigns are pretty hard to beat though. Have you tried ?
I'm pretty sure turning on the scarab gun skull turned off all achievements as it was a 0x modifier
No, only Scoring and Par Time achievements were disabled. All completion achievements remained viable, even with any and all 0 multiplier skulls.
Nah cus I'm pretty sure I ran through halo 2 legendary with it on thinking "hey this'll be easy" got to the end and no achievement...
Pretty sure? I've heard it said many times that the 0 multiplier skulls don't disable completion achievements. I can't verify it myself, as I got all the achievements for campaign completion (besides speedrunning and LASO) a long time ago, and legit too.
Right this is going to bug me now, I'm sure it disabled most campaign achievements, I don't think it turned off kill count ones but I do think stuff like the par time and scoring and completion (especially legendary) :/
I'm like 90% sure I had to replay missions to get full completion because of the 0x skulls.
Nin10d0014 wrote:
Nin10d0014 wrote:
As someone who actually earned Helioskrill by finishing all the campaigns on legendary, I constantly wonder when I see someone wearing it whether or not they earned it.
I just wish you couldn't get it from REQ packs, so that it could be a badge of honor to wear it , not just meaningless .

tell me your thoughts please.
Wait, you get Helioskrill just by beating the campaign on Leg? How come I don't have it!?
On the mcc, according to your stats you've never played it
In that case, I'm more inclined to side with Helioskrill being available as a Mythic drop in a REQ pack. Many players don't have MCC; some do not have the funds or do not have the game for various reasons. People should not be denied in-game content because they do not have a separate game.
The rarest armours have always been reserved for the players with the most dedication, if your not willing to dedicate yourself to getting the mcc and grinding out every game on ledgendary (with no skills, people that used skulls like scarab, and to a lesser extent bandana, don't deserve it either.) if there was an option to do it in halo 5, like completing the campaign laso. Then it would be fine, but having it in rng ruins the value and reward of having it. That's like having a .1% chance of getting recon after every kill in halo 3, it ruins its value
Dude, I have all the capabilities of completing the campaigns on Legendary. In fact, I actually speedrun Halo games on Legendary. My current financial situation does not allow me to get MCC due to the fact that I need money for college and because I don't have enough incentive to purchase MCC. To me, I don't have enough purpose to spend $40+ on MCC, which is a collection of games I already have, and I do not think Halo 2 Anniversary would be fun to speedrun due to the lack of Swordflying. If I did have the funds, I would've bought MCC and run through CE, 2, 3, 4, AND ODST. I do not think requiring players to have MCC in order to obtain Halo 5 armour is a justified prerequisite, especially considering there are players with situations similar to mine.

As a result, because 343 did not make the challenge "Complete Halo 5's campaign on Legendary/LASO," my position now sides with having the REQ as a Mythic drop. If 343 did ask us players if the requirements should be to complete the campaign on Legendary/LASO/Mythic/SLASO, I would take that position.
I've got no discipline or patience for legendary without a few friends playing it with me
I completely agree that Helioskrill should be earned not unlocked through RNG. Yes I completed all 4 of the campaigns on the 360, But I didn't earn it on the XB1. I got it from a Req pack but in a sense, I earned it.
Herecy wrote:
I completely agree that Helioskrill should be earned not unlocked through RNG. Yes I completed all 4 of the campaigns on the 360, But I didn't earn it on the XB1. I got it from a Req pack but in a sense, I earned it.
I think a better prerequisite would be completing Halo 5 on solo Legendary or LASO.
You can get helioskrill, from req packs?

I know the two new variants, but.....
Wow.....

Dissapointing..
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 17