Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How much difference does Upgraded Shields make?

OP I Killed brunts

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
I know it allows you to survive a standard sniper round, but what else can you survive? Extra BR burst? Does it considerably reduce the rockets kill range? etc

EDIT: We've established it gives about 20% extra shields, and this can stack with weapon buffs. Jorges chaingun with over shields has been estimated at 1200% shields!
I know it allows you to survive a standard sniper round, but what else can you survive? Extra BR burst? Does it considerably reduce the rockets kill range? etc
You can survive an Energy Bayonet, as long as the other person doesn't have Increased Strength on. I also believe you can't get perfected by any weapon, but I may need someone to fact check that.
It doesn't change much. It's not like your equipping a quarter of an overshield or something.
We should somehow get comparisons to show how fast you die by loadout weapons in warzone. Maybe the difference just makes you survive more explosions...
Video of armor mods analysis. This has a lot of good info in it.
Upgraded Shields provides a small buff to your shielding, but it's enough to survive an Energy Bayonet (as long as your attacker doesn't use Increased Strength) and a single sniper shot (as long as it's not the super-powerful ones).
With the ability to survive an energy bayonet melee it can come in pretty handy, but I really only use it when I pull a nornfang though just in case someone tries to snipe me, that way I can avoid the headshot kill.
You can't get perfect killed with it and bayonets can't one-hit you.
It would be nice if it had an effect on vehicle shields like from saving you from laser damage.
it's good to use with Jorge's chaingun too
Quite a bit, you can take more melee damage. So if you get hit by a bayonet, provided the enemy hasn't got overshields on, and if you have the attachment, you should be able to kill them before they hit you again.
It would be nice if it had an effect on vehicle shields like from saving you from laser damage.
Wheelman mod does basically this, anyway.
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
Wheelman mod does basically this, anyway.
Yea but what I mean is with it being shields it is regeneratable and could stack up on reducing more damage.
almost nothing, use it if you want to camp with a power weapon so if someone tries to snipe you, you wont die, and can relocate yourself in another vantage point.
You can be perfect killed with it
Not that I remember, if a br shoots you 4 times you'll go one-shot. And if a dmr/magnum shoots you 5 times you'll go one-shot.
Not that I remember, if a br shoots you 4 times you'll go one-shot. And if a dmr/magnum shoots you 5 times you'll go one-shot.
You can be perfect killed, ive had it happen to me and to people i know, and I only run upgraded shields.
You can be perfect killed, ive had it happen to me and to people i know, and I only run upgraded shields.
Ok, good to know.
It doesn't change much. It's not like your equipping a quarter of an overshield or something.
We should somehow get comparisons to show how fast you die by loadout weapons in warzone. Maybe the difference just makes you survive more explosions...
Energy Bayonet's can't 1-shot you, you can defeat someone in a all-out battle, splinter nades can't kill you
I don't know because I don't use that mod
The difference between life and death.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6