Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How much interest is enough for a PvE gamemode?

OP Bad John

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
People have asked and asked, and thus far, we've got nothing but radio silence on the possibility of Warzone PvE or Firefight.

It seems like such a slam dunk. The AI in Halo has always been fun to fight against, and replaying campaign missions is getting old. There are those who just aren't interested in PvP, and it would certainly provide a reason to pop the disc in.

A PvE Warzone would give people a reason to desire REQ packs, if they're not interested in Warzone proper anymore. And from a canon standpoint, it makes far more sense for Spartans to be training against Covenant and Promethean threats than to be playing laser-tag against their teammates constantly.
Bad John wrote:
People have asked and asked, and thus far, we've got nothing but radio silence on the possibility of Warzone PvE or Firefight.

It seems like such a slam dunk. The AI in Halo has always been fun to fight against, and replaying campaign missions is getting old. There are those who just aren't interested in PvP, and it would certainly provide a reason to pop the disc in.

A PvE Warzone would give people a reason to desire REQ packs, if they're not interested in Warzone proper anymore. And from a canon standpoint, it makes far more sense for Spartans to be training against Covenant and Promethean threats than to be playing laser-tag against their teammates constantly.
I thought that Firefight in Halo Reach was fantastic. I usually stuck to BTB, but I'd wander over to Firefight occasionally just to see how long I could survive. I loved it. I was very disappointed when Halo 4 didn't have it and so far the story is the same with Halo 5...
how about blops zombies halo version? like maybe flood: the story
That would be awesome! PVE WARZONE would add another element of halo
Been wondering this myself, between this forum and reddit I can't believe 343 won't even acknowledge the idea. Either way reach is almost back so I'm going back there. I abhor pvp, I tolerate warzone but I love firefight. Wouldn't mind pve warzone.
That would be awesome! PVE WARZONE would add another element of halo
YES. Epicness would be an understatement
Bad John wrote:

Agreed. While I love Warzone as it stands, a PVE only Warzone, or Firefight, or anything like that would simply be the bees knees.
That sounds like something way too cool for 343i to implement.
PVE would be great for noob players like me
Please!
We need one bad. Forageable PVE. even if its 1 map, that forge world map thats coming out with forge. i would love to make a map were you have to survive wave upon wave of covies, prometheans, and flood. 16 spartans with ai odst, marines etc and survive the assault as the enemies get stronger and more agressive and more of them.
PvE is needed in this game. 343i, we want Firefight, we said many times!!!!
This would be perfect, honestly!
yes , that wood be awsom
and again...yessss please make it happen!!! We want PvE Warzone!
Would love to have Firefight or PvE Warzone! Do it baby!!!!
Any gametype that doesn't make me feel pressured by the competitive nature and playstyles, I very much welcome.

I did enjoy doing Firefight, despite having delayed controls (Happens 100% of the time in Campaigns, probably due to regional latency or however you'd call it. Never understood why it applies to Firefight wayback when though)

Though on the off chance PvE Warzone becomes a thing: I kind of hope they ease on the REQ leveling, would be underwhelming if we only get to use REQ 8 at the last 8 seconds of a match like regular Warzone. Never managed to get a lvl 9 REQ.
A Flood (zombie) mode would be a great addition to this game...bring back Griffball.
This is what this game needs. I would even pay for it.
Honestly I think the game feels very complete, Firefighting was fun, but isn't really what most halo fans want. It sounds like the can update this game quite a bit though with patches and so firefighting could become available.. but it was really just a split screen thing i did with my less competitive siblings at the time. It might be fun with H5, but with warzone being as pve oriented as it is i probably would never play it.

As for some of the other playlist, halo has always had a history of holding back playlist or just adding playlists over time. So i am sure we will see zombies and grifball, just give it time.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3