Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How popular is FFA

OP PurpleStuffz

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Ive never played it but since I'm a solo player and my rank in team arena is only dropping I thought I'd give it a go see where I would get ranked but I can't find any games, is it dead?
Probably cause it's always slayer. That ain't Halo free for all 343.
Ive never played it but since I'm a solo player and my rank in team arena is only dropping I thought I'd give it a go see where I would get ranked but I can't find any games, is it dead?
I used to play it A LOT. taking a break right now waiting for the rank reset really. but I have never had trouble finding a game. H5 FFA is the toughest FFA since H3 lonewolves IMO.
Its more active near the beginning of the season because everyone is scrambling to get champ. Even if you can find players I don't recommend playing it. Its not skill based at all its just whoever plays the most gets the highest rank. All you have to do is not get last and you will gain CSR.
I'd say it's the hardest and slowest-paced game mode in the Arena playlist, though players can great creatively deadly. At best, you'll end up as a Mid-High Gold or a Low Platinum on most occasions.
It's painful. I hate it lol. I used to want to get ranks in every playlist when h5 first came out and those 10 qualifiers were absolutely terrible.
I don't have a problem getting games, mind you I haven't played it in a while. Was actually just thinking that I think I'll get back into this Christmas (I'm pretty busy with work between now and then, hence I said Christmas)

Sometimes I wonder if they should have objective game types in FFA as well like how H3 did, but I like FFA, you should definitely check it out.
Waiting for the rank reset then I plan to hit it hard this upcoming season.
cant find a game before 7am EST. error pops up and says not enough players in playlist
HaXoR73 wrote:
I'd say it's the hardest and slowest-paced game mode in the Arena playlist, though players can great creatively deadly. At best, you'll end up as a Mid-High Gold or a Low Platinum on most occasions.
lmao. H5's god-awful FFA is literally the easiest playlist to get Onyx/Champion in. Or at least it was back when people were still playing H5.
Exenius wrote:
Its more active near the beginning of the season because everyone is scrambling to get champ. Even if you can find players I don't recommend playing it. Its not skill based at all its just whoever plays the most gets the highest rank. All you have to do is not get last and you will gain CSR.
It depends on who you're playing. And your last line - how is that not skill based?

If it's not skill based, how come the same few people get to high champ every month? Watch Vetoed play, then tell me it's not skill based.
It wasn't that bad I came 2nd but I forgot I hate slayer objective. I prefer my killing to be for a reason to complete the objective and for some reason I'm turned off killing for the sake of killing.

1st time I've had mercy as a map one criticism of it is it's a bit small.
HaXoR73 wrote:
lmao. H5's god-awful FFA is literally the easiest playlist to get Onyx/Champion in. Or at least it was back when people were still playing H5.
Nah, Swat is the easiest.

Spoiler:
Show
FFA is my go-to playlist in just about all games, besides Halo and a few other games, simply because it's too sweaty and tryhardy.
Exenius wrote:
While this is true, you won't earn as much CSR in fifth as you normally would in first. It's also based on the players you face like a diamond facing high onyx.
Wait for reset. The playlists ranking system is based to give you a CSR increase as long as you don't get last place. In My Opinion: 80% of the H5 population should have achieved an Onyx rank at 1 point in the arena playlist from FFA alone (if you place in plat1, it takes roughly 70 games from that point to reach Onyx 1500.....less if you win first place kinda often). You have a high chance of reaching Champion #200 if you grind it as soon as reset happens... It's just a matter of catching up to the people that placed 1700 onyx while they sleep
Profesnol wrote:
FFA is my go-to playlist in just about all games, besides Halo and a few other games, simply because it's too sweaty and tryhardy.
I think warzone against farmers is much more sweaty. If I can be bothered.
Exenius wrote:
There is nothing true in this post, like nothing.
I like FFA, Sometimes it's great knowing that how good/bad you do, is all on you. Having a blast in Breakout atm, though. Nice change of pace.
I like FFA since you only can depend on you for the outcome. It is the only game where you are ranked on your skill and not dependant upon others. If someone quits, it's to their detriment so you're not affected, if someone can't play well—easy for you to get kills and no problem for you. Any other game type whether you do well yourself or not, player quits on your team—you're in trouble and bound to lose, team mates can't play worth a darn—you lose.

It can be frustrating at times-but at least you know, win or lose, it was your efforts and skill.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2