Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How should I get my reqs.

OP BaNaNaxPower

So iv been reading up on some forums for the best way to get legendary reqs. All of which say grind out bronze reqs until all commons then silvers and then gold. Everytime I open a bronze I get no permanents so iv just been buying a bunch of silvers for a long time and still hardly see a dent being made in the hundreds of reqs I have to go. What's the average play time will I need to get all of my commons uncommons and rares within the end of this month? I have around 200 perm reqs right now maybe more maybe less so could anyone give me some guidance I would really appreciate it fellow Spartans!
I skipped bronze and only whent back to pick up the mongooses that I missed.
Hit silver , get those 2 unlocks, then once your done with silver then touch gold. You're wasting points if you go for gold before all silver unlocks are done.
It's really hard to say. It depends on which playlist you play and what boost and jackpots you use. If you are in a hurry for reqs stay in warzone and make sure you always use you rp boost and jackpots. Also pay attention to getting commendations as they give some unlocks as well. But it is a long grind. Hopefully silver isn't to discouraging for you as the gold grind is long as well. Just keep unlocking silvers until they refund you two 1500 point req cards and that is when you have all the silver level reqs.
Also I don't sell back all that many reqs as I like to save them and burn them in warzone turbo when it's offered.
LethalQ wrote:
It's really hard to say. It depends on which playlist you play and what boost and jackpots you use. If you are in a hurry for reqs stay in warzone and make sure you always use you rp boost and jackpots. Also pay attention to getting commendations as they give some unlocks as well. But it is a long grind. Hopefully silver isn't to discouraging for you as the gold grind is long as well. Just keep unlocking silvers until they refund you two 1500 point req cards and that is when you have all the silver level reqs.
This right here.
You are still very low ranking.
I was not finished collecting until level 138. It is a very long grind.
I didn't bother with bronze went right to silver, eventually I had to go back to bronze though to get a few things I missed. Right now I'm done with silvers and working on gold packs, starting to FINALLY get some decent stuff.
I have everything unlocked and I did the BSG method
It really boils down to how many REQ points you gain on a daily basis...I created a couple of spreadsheets that helped me keep track of what I unlocked and how long I could expect to unlock them all.

Here's a rundown:
Total amount of REQs unlocked via REQ packs: 1170
Spread of permanent unlocks:
Common: 135
Uncommon: 223
Rare: 285
Ultra Rare: 229
Legendary: 205

Disclaimer: These numbers ignore emblems and armor sets that are unlocked via "special" methods like commendations, seasons, special REQ packs like the HCS series, etc.

Before December, I was playing regular Warzone and maybe getting about 2 silver packs a day, or 1 gold. When I got serious about grinding out REQs, I maintained a 32 REQs per week, or 146 REQs a month, pace. That roughly translated to 4 silver packs per day, or 2 gold packs per day. I also switched over to Warzone Assault for about 1-2 hrs a day, which got me those packs. I also sacrificed a 20 to the Halo gods once a month. And finally, I stored all consumable REQs at a count of 10, any extra I sold off. I finally finished it all back in February, and have been able to maintain about a 200k REQ point monthly storage so I wouldn't have to grind when the updates dropped each month.

So. to answer your question...
Max REQs wanted unlocked: 643
Amount already unlocked: roughly 200
Time period: roughly 1 month (31 days)
REQ cost per silver pack: 5,000
REQs per pack: 2 (1 dedicated emblem spot, 2 permanent unlocks)

Listing that, we now get:
REQs remaining: 643 total - 200 unlocked = 443
Amount of silver packs required: 443 REQs remaining / 2 REQs per pack = 221.5
Amount of REQ points needed: 221.5 silver packs * 5000 REQ points per pack = 1,107,500
Amount of REQ points needed per day: 1,107,500 REQ points / 31 days = 35,725.8
Amount of Silver Packs per day: 35, 725.81 RP per day / 5000 RP per pack = 7.2