How strong are Halo 5's legs?

OP Sk1nn3r24

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
Here's what I'm wondering... I love Halo 5, and have invested an absurd amount of time into the game at this point with plenty left to do yet. I know a lot of people are probably raring for news of Halo 6 and what's next for the franchise, but to be honest, I'm the exact opposite... I sort of want 5 to stick around for everyone for another couple of years, maybe until 2019 or so. What do you think the odds of that are? Part of me believes that Halo 6 is a 2018 project, but hopefully not. Give us 6 in 2019 or 2020! Some people seem to think this could be the case (Tazzman29, per his podcast, the "Bad Halo Podcast," seems to think so... check it out on iTunes if you haven't already, he does a great job with it!), what's the general community consensus here?
In Halo 5's lifetime, Halo 5 leg's have grown from being scrawny little things to big and strong legs. I think Halo's legs are strong enough to last that long, as long as 343i doesn't abandon it after the last content update. I believe Halo 6 will come out in 2020 (Kanye West,) honoring the 3-year game development plan. Hopefully, that's enough time for 343i to get their stuff together and hire a new Lead Director in time for H6. Hopefully, H6 has a good story and is not barebones at launch. All 343 really needs to do is copy and paste H5, but possibly take out a few weapons, like all the Storm-Covenant weapons and make a few more Brute weapons (if H6 is going to take place on the Ark.) Which brings up the topic for playable brutes, but only in certain game modes, customs and maybe an invasion like game type. Also, if we're lucky, maybe we can get ALL of the Jackal, Grunt, and Elite species in H6! That would be amazing! I'm probably going to make a thread about playable Brutes now...

-Replying from school, TrueHero808
A featured topic, with one reply? Neat

I think I could play halo 5 for maybe one more year, but to be honest, the game is getting a little stale at this point. I've put many hours into the game and I don't know how much more there is for me to do. If you compare the beginning of halo 5 to now, I would say there has been a substantial amount of progress done. Many changes have been made, definitely for the better. [Remember how OP Spartan charge was?]

I think halo 5 will require a few more updates to keep enough players in the population until 2020.
3 year dev cycle would be 2018. They didn't just start working on h6 this year.
I'll keep playing, but I am drifting into other games and my new PS 4 Slim. 343 need to take their time with this next one and nail it.
3 year dev cycle would be 2018. They didn't just start working on h6 this year.
Q4 of 2018.
2020??? No chance... H6 will most likely come out late 2018.
I love Halo 5 but the game modes are becomming a little bit cancer right now every match of warzone you get you get a team who loses and same for arena but less for arena the game is starting to be boring if they keep bringing new stuff i'm good for quite a time but i'm really hype for h6
The game has gotten a lot of content since launch and it's doing pretty well for me. If they added any more stuff like more options for custom games and forge that would help it last longer than most would think. If they brought back some nostalgia then I'm sure people will come to.
The legs are pretty weak. Although all the updates since launch have definitely been nice, the mainline issues of replayability revolve mostly around microtransactions, and the ability of 343 to flood the market so that you have more and more garbage REQs to catch up on.

Halo 5 is still sitting at #20 of most games played on XBL. It's been there for awhile now, which means the population is probably pretty stagnant. There's no reason to expect growth either, as gamers start turning to other games.

I expect it to hang out in the 18-25 range for the summer, but once fall hits I'm sure it'll go down to the 30 range. Not great for what should be the tentpole game for Xbox. At this point, Minecraft is more of the tentpole series for Microsoft.
I doubt H5 is going to last very long past its last update when it comes around.
The legs are pretty weak. Although all the updates since launch have definitely been nice, the mainline issues of replayability revolve mostly around microtransactions, and the ability of 343 to flood the market so that you have more and more garbage REQs to catch up on.

Halo 5 is still sitting at #20 of most games played on XBL. It's been there for awhile now, which means the population is probably pretty stagnant. There's no reason to expect growth either, as gamers start turning to other games.

I expect it to hang out in the 18-25 range for the summer, but once fall hits I'm sure it'll go down to the 30 range. Not great for what should be the tentpole game for Xbox. At this point, Minecraft is more of the tentpole series for Microsoft.
Yeah I miss when Halo was THE go-to pvp oriented shooter for consoles. It's sad that it sits behind five or six other pvp oriented shooters. It's gotten pretty stale, so I'm not surprised. It just doesn't really play like Halo anymore. Plus, a severe lack of fun and distinct 4v4 maps has hurt it. There are multiple pairs of 4v4 maps that are just rehashes of each other and play nearly identical to their siblings. However, I do suspect that when MS game pass comes out, it'll rise a bit due to Halo 5 being on the list.

Yeah I miss when Halo was THE go-to pvp oriented shooter for consoles. It's sad that it sits behind five or six other pvp oriented shooters. It's gotten pretty stale, so I'm not surprised. It just doesn't really play like Halo anymore. Plus, a severe lack of fun and distinct 4v4 maps has hurt it. There are multiple pairs of 4v4 maps that are just rehashes of each other and play nearly identical to their siblings. However, I do suspect that when MS game pass comes out, it'll rise a bit due to Halo 5 being on the list.
I'm right there with you when you say that some maps are rehashes of each other and I find that the lack of content for Ranked (particularly Arena) is negatively affecting any longevity it currently has. I'm getting rather bored of the same 5 maps. Other games have a larger pool even if there are only a select handful that are played on, at least there are other maps to play on.
Halo 5 is certainly coming to the end of its lifespan now, I don't think it will last as other games. Like Halo:Reach was still a popular title up until like 2014. I don't necessarily think that this is a bad thing, seeing as we've had 18 months out of the game so far and should expect another five or so (my rough guess) before it becomes entirely stagnant. As for Halo 6, I think that if they hold off on release and release the game at launch with as much content as Halo 5 has now, then it'll be a smash hit, assuming they listen to the overall criticism of the game, which it does seem like they have.

In short, Halo 5 is nearing its end, and Halo 6 needs to launch with all the core content (game modes, file browser, Forge) straight away or else it too will be left in the dust by its competition.

Oh, and for the love of all that is good and holy, Microsoft need to learn fast that 343i need more artistic freedom. If Halo 6's story is as ruined by Microsoft's interference with development as Halo 5's was, I'll never buy another Halo game again. And this is coming from someone who's played since I was six years old when CE was released.

Well, Halo was the go to shooter during CE-3 because it had no competition. Call of Duty didn't become big until 2007, and Battlefield around 2009 or 2010.
Agreed, It will probably come out late 2018 bc good games should never be rushed.
Halo 5 can last til the the end of this year but in 2018 it will be pretty much dead. Many Halo players such as myself will be migrating over to Destiny 2, so unless 343 pulls something big out of the bag I can't see the game surviving til Halo 6's release.
How strong are H5's legs? Well presumably strong, you can't break them in multiplayer.
Halo 5 can last til the the end of this year but in 2018 it will be pretty much dead. Many Halo players such as myself will be migrating over to Destiny 2, so unless 343 pulls something big out of the bag I can't see the game surviving til Halo 6's release.
Not just that game, but all the other games coming out throughout the year. I find it a bit humorous that some believe that Halo 5 could last through 2018. There's just no way, especially with no more content updates after the next... whenever that one comes out that is.
Its funny to think that there isn't much competition for esports worthy games even tho FPS is such a crowded market. Destiny, Titanfall, BF1 are not great competitive games. Overwatch might be okay but thats getting into pretty big teams and personally doesn't do anything to interest me for competitive gaming (maybe if i was a PC player). Rainbow 6 is there but that just doesn't seem to have sold well. I think it will need a good sequel to thrive. So in my opinion its still only CoD as an alternative to Halo for comp play. And I think there will be room for both for a while.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9