OP Sk1nn3r24

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
A good question to ask is - 'is there fall damage?'. If the fall instant kill barrier is taken away, can a Spartan land on the ground without suffering any bone damage to the legs. From playing normal arena and warzone matches I am not aware of any long drops
All that matters for me as hardcore Halo fan is they get more then enough time to make Halo 6 better if not the best they can make of it cause Halo 5 Guardian's was a really bumpy road. Halo 5 can last due to the Forge mode being extensive. Halo 6 has to address a lot of issues 343i made like REQs, story, splitscreen and etc.
I think Halo 5 will have a fairly dedicated following until Halo 6 is out, some people literally live for the stamp-collecting fest that is the REQ system so there's some incentive to keep playing there, if you you haven't unlocked everything​ yet.

Personally, the bad taste I had from launch, and the fact that most of my friends abandoned it months ago really turns me off playing Halo 5. I will say that I am very happy with how Forge has been maintained though, it's just a shame that the rest of the game feels a little ehh to me because I love this franchise so damn much it hurts.
If Halo 5 launched with the legs it has now than maybe it could sate us until 2019. But the damage was done early on. This game launched with less content than Halo 3 when it already started with the least amount of sales.

The best thing now is for them to focus on Halo 6, and make sure the base game is there at launch plus the free DLC so it's actually bonus content and not finishing their game.
No pleaseI want halo 6 to come as quickly as possible. Not because I don't like halo 5. I very much do like it. But the game has some issues plaguing it that I think will be fixed in halo 6. I think halo 6 will be much better than halo 5 which I already liked. Most of all though is because the population if halo 5 is now dead in Australia and finding games is just stupidly hard. Expanded is just absolutely WAAAAYY to laggy.
If Halo 5 launched with the legs it has now than maybe it could sate us until 2019. But the damage was done early on. This game launched with less content than Halo 3 when it already started with the least amount of sales.

The best thing now is for them to focus on Halo 6, and make sure the base game is there at launch plus the free DLC so it's actually bonus content and not finishing their game.
this
I'd say halo 6 will launch 4Q 2018 and will be announced with a teaser at this E3. That said Halo 6 will be amazing as long as it's released with all the content halo 5 was missing at launch. I also hope it has more in depth customization and actual dev made btb maps
I really hope halo 6 comes complete and not like halo 5
That all depends on what Halo 6 looks like. I like Halo 5, but it definitely won't be a halo that keeps me playing for years after its sequel comes out. (Unless the sequel is worse, that is.)
Very strong, obviously
I hope Halo 6 doesnt come out for a few years. I think Halo 5 is phenominal, and if 343 takes their time to get Halo 6 correct, it could be the best Halo yet
I think q4 2018 would be perfect, but I suspect it will be 2019. They need something in 2018 to keep the Halo name out there though. I don't get much gaming time in anymore, but when I do it's all halo. Nothing else really appeals to me. As much as I love halo 5, I don't think I can play the same game until fall 2019 though. H3A in 2018?
A lot of good points are being made here - pretty cool that they featured this post, appreciate it! The general consensus appears to be that Halo 6 should be released in Q4 of 2018... that said, I'd love to see that release pushed back to 2019, perhaps to coincide with the release of Project Scorpio (which, I believe, is still TBA).

I'd argue that Halo 5 still has pretty strong legs and a lot left in the tank, should 343 choose to continue to support it. Here's why...

Genre of game: Obviously, Halo 5 is an online shooter. Which means that, relative to 90% of other games on the market (indie, action-adventure, perhaps racing, sports, platformers, etc.) it has a LOT more staying power due to the sheer amount of content provided. For those of us who already love the game and have invested so much time into it already, we want to see it through to completion at this point as a result. So even if, say, Telltale pulls me away for a 10 hour stretch, Halo 5 will bring be back for the long haul so long as the player base remains.

The "Niche" of Halo: Think about other shooters currently available on the market. Can you name one that even compares to Halo for what type of shooter you enjoy? I can't, and outside of Destiny, I've played them all. Halo offers an epic, sci-fi story and lore I've always compared to that of Star Wars in the movie world - Halo as a franchise is akin to that in video games. It offers short, competitive MP matches, larger scale, vehicle-oriented battles, Warzone, and some fun, messing-around gametypes as well (Grifball, Action Sack, Infection, etc.). Basically, it has it all in my book, and no other shooter has matched it yet for me. COD = fun campaign typically, but too much "run and gun, get the first two bullets in a guy and they're dead gameplay." Gears = 3rd person shooter, which doesn't do it for me. Battlefield = epic campaign from the sound of things, but large-scale combat only, nothing smaller in scale and competitive. I loved Titanfall, and Titanfall 2, but the release window failed that game completely, who wants to invest time into a game when the player base is going away already? And Overwatch, though I hear it has gotten better with arcade mode, I just couldn't get into at all outside of a few hours here and there (think Rocket League). So it's very different.

The Halo / Xbox Community: This is a big one. Name one other game with a community nearly as good as Halo's? I don't think one exists. With the Pro teams out there, the casuals, the try-hards, the Company members, the Forgers, the guys on Waypoint, the custom-game builders, the writers, etc... no other game that I'm aware of is even close to Halo in terms of community support and fan-base. Even people who have moved on to other titles through the years want to come back to Halo from time to time - I have several friends who have moved on but occasionally check in and play a few games because "well, it's Halo!" And there are very good odds that if you bought an Xbox One, you bought it for Halo, or maybe Forza, but everything else would have told you to go PS4 at the time, so it's not like that has changed.

Last, but not least: Though the player-base has obviously diminished, do you have trouble getting into Halo 5 matches basically 2 years after its release? I don't. Whether it's over lunch, or 10 at night, it typically takes 30 seconds or so to find a match, even if it is the #20 most played game on XBL (as someone posted above). Regardless of the playlist I try to join. I can definitely see that sticking with such devoted fans, with Destiny 2 really being the only thing I fear as a nail in the coffin to Halo continuing to thrive. Many people said the release of Halo Wars 2 would kill Halo 5 - but it hasn't. In fact, most of the guys I hear going to that game are coming back to 5 now. Would 343 really want to release Halo 6 so soon after the release of Wars 2? Maybe... but I really hope not.

Sorry, done with my two cents... the bottom line is, I hope Halo 5 carries us into 2019, and that 343 takes there time making Halo 6 the best it possibly can be. I really think, with a little more continued support, and assuming Destiny 2 doesn't blow people away, that 5 has the staying power to last us until then.
Sk1nn3r24 wrote:
Here's what I'm wondering... I love Halo 5, and have invested an absurd amount of time into the game at this point with plenty left to do yet. I know a lot of people are probably raring for news of Halo 6 and what's next for the franchise, but to be honest, I'm the exact opposite... I sort of want 5 to stick around for everyone for another couple of years, maybe until 2019 or so. What do you think the odds of that are? Part of me believes that Halo 6 is a 2018 project, but hopefully not. Give us 6 in 2019 or 2020! Some people seem to think this could be the case (Tazzman29, per his podcast, the "Bad Halo Podcast," seems to think so... check it out on iTunes if you haven't already, he does a great job with it!), what's the general community consensus here?
I would rather they took their time and fixed the issues that H5 has before bring out H6. Also H6 needs to have the content that H5 has now (game modes, not reqs). No more barebones launches please.
There are simply too many games coming out. 2017 E3 is gonna be a big E3. That being said, if 343 wants to keep people interested in Halo 5 until Halo 6 came out, I'd say they should take the smart route and release more playlists for Halo 5(maybe a no abilities playlist, action sack playlist, etc.) They should allow the community to become more involved with matchmaking until Halo 6, instead of releasing more content updates. I would rather that dev team help and make Halo 6 good.
I think they are strong
I would also like to keep playing halo 5 for a long time and have 343i keep putting out new gamemodes to keep things fresh. With the already smallish player base I wouldn't want everyone to go to halo 6 and not be able to play halo 5. Just my opinion. Although with spit-screen multiplayer being a part of halo 6, I'm excited.
Can't say that Halo 5 will last that long. Newer games come out and people move on and if 343 wants to keep competing in the market they have to get the next game out to stay with the curve. Now I wish they'd take as long as they needed because the longer it takes to get a game out the more balance and unbroken it is and we all know 343 needs that right now.
I got burnt out on Halo 5 and im waiting on the next game. Destiny 2 will fill in that gap for me but ill come in and check on H5 every now and then.
Its funny to think that there isn't much competition for esports worthy games even tho FPS is such a crowded market. Destiny, Titanfall, BF1 are not great competitive games. Overwatch might be okay but thats getting into pretty big teams and personally doesn't do anything to interest me for competitive gaming (maybe if i was a PC player). Rainbow 6 is there but that just doesn't seem to have sold well. I think it will need a good sequel to thrive. So in my opinion its still only CoD as an alternative to Halo for comp play. And I think there will be room for both for a while.
I agree. Too many FPS wannabe's on the market today. So many studios want their CoD-like shooter that it causes quality and uniqueness to nosedive. I wish those said studios would take risks and make something that stands out.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10