Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

how to carry the flag

OP CBngVegas

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
so i lost a husky raid match the other day while my teammate, flag in hand, failed to deliver just as time ran out. and he was like inches from the finish line. it made me think about how often i see this happen and it could be avoided if people knew how to carry the flag. if you constantly switch/drop the flag and then immediately pick it up again you move faster with it in the long run. this was my understanding about flag mechanics anyway, but if im wrong let me know
Shh. don't spill da beanz.
It all depends on the map and the players preference. Constantly dropping the flag is in Husky Raid is okay, as the enemy know where you are, however, personally speaking, I never drop it if I can help it on other, less direct maps because then the enemy know where you are.
x N7 117 x wrote:
It all depends on the map and the players preference. Constantly dropping the flag is in Husky Raid is okay, as the enemy know where you are, however, personally speaking, I never drop it if I can help it on other, less direct maps because then the enemy know where you are.
i always thought that an enemy player had to spot you with the flag in hand for you to show up as a target
CBngVegas wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
i always thought that an enemy player had to spot you with the flag in hand for you to show up as a target
Nope. If you drop the flag, the flag marker shows up on the HUD.
I don't like dropping the flag because it shows the enemy team where the flag is, but it does help you move faster. I guess you have to decide whether you want to try for speed or stealth.
x N7 117 x wrote:
CBngVegas wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
gotcha
CBngVegas wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
CBngVegas wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
gotcha
Stealth and speed both have their place if it’s a quick grab cause your overrun then stealth is your friend but if you see your team get a round of slays then speed will ensure a cap as the other team has to respawn and travel the whole map you should be able to get a cap in that amount of time
if you aint dropping the flag and picking it up your wrong game is based off movement have your teammates slay if they can get in front for a couple of seconds and slay or distract you can be halfway or more to your base.
JC00795 wrote:
CBngVegas wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
CBngVegas wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
gotcha
Stealth and speed both have their place if it’s a quick grab cause your overrun then stealth is your friend but if you see your team get a round of slays then speed will ensure a cap as the other team has to respawn and travel the whole map you should be able to get a cap in that amount of time
Exactly, I second this. If it's a big map and nobody on the other team knows where you are, don't ever drop it because they'll never find you and you have a good chance of making it home, whereas if it's a warzone going on and bullets everywhere, then do the drop and grab to go faster!
HERKFOOT21 wrote:
JC00795 wrote:
CBngVegas wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
CBngVegas wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
gotcha
Exactly, I second this. If it's a big map and nobody on the other team knows where you are, don't ever drop it because they'll never find you and you have a good chance of making it home, whereas if it's a warzone going on and bullets everywhere, then do the drop and grab to go faster!
This is the sentiment to juggling flag, may the guardians bless you on your next run.
I only Flag Juggle when I want to go for a Quick Capture, but somtimes I just hold it if I wanted to go in for a Stealth Capture
You should only juggle when your flag is still at home. If the enemy has taken your flag you should go stealthily (I'm talking Arena).
Press the pick up button on your controller.
It's mainly situational whether to juggle or stealth carry the flag and it can depend on how good your teammates are.
I carried the flag using boost and trying not to drop the flag. Once you let the flag go you have your location away. Try to be stealthy and get a stealth capture.
I don't like dropping the flag because it shows the enemy team where the flag is, but it does help you move faster. I guess you have to decide whether you want to try for speed or stealth.
Being able to successfully execute the capture is heavily dependant on your teammates. If you've got a reliable teammate covering you, it's a boosted-toggle to your home base. If this is not an option, you must opt for the stealth capture with your teammates distracting in an open area of the map between you and the flag or have you covered long enough for the hand-over/ capture.
nMASERATI wrote:
Being able to successfully execute the capture is heavily dependant on your teammates. If you've got a reliable teammate covering you, it's a boosted-toggle to your home base. If this is not an option, you must opt for the stealth capture with your teammates distracting in an open area of the map between you and the flag or have you covered long enough for the hand-over/ capture.
Stealth is my pick. They can’t see what they hurt or is it they can’t hurt what they can’t see. Anyways that’s my selection.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
If it’s a race against time then yes drop/pick up the flag. You can also boost slide jump with the flag but it takes practice.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2