Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How to get these Helmets?

OP Doomed Orbit

I'm trying to unlock all the armour and helmets in Halo 5. Does anyone know how to get the following helmets:
CQB (rare)
EOD (rare)
Operator Gen1 (rare)
Pilot (rare)
Recon Gen1 (rare)
Security Gen1 (rare)
EVA Gen1 (ultra rare)
Military Police (ultra rare)
Mark V Delta (legendary)

My understanding is that the Achilles helmet and armour is unlocked after beating Halo 5's campaign on legendary(?) but these other helmets I have no idea how to get. I tried Gold and Silver REQ packs but it seems like the game is done giving me customization unlocks.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
I'm trying to unlock all the armour and helmets in Halo 5. Does anyone know how to get the following helmets:
CQB (rare)
EOD (rare)
Operator Gen1 (rare)
Pilot (rare)
Recon Gen1 (rare)
Security Gen1 (rare)
EVA Gen1 (ultra rare)
Mark V Delta (legendary)

My understanding is that the Achilles helmet and armour is unlocked after beating Halo 5's campaign on legendary(?) but these other helmets I have no idea how to get. I tried Gold and Silver REQ packs but it seems like the game is done giving me customization unlocks.
Thanks!
Those helmets are unlocked in the Classic Helmet REQ pack which rotates in the store every so often or can be purchased with cash from the Microsoft Store.

As for Achilles, that is only unlocked via Spartan Company commendations.
CQB (rare)
EOD (rare)
Operator Gen1 (rare)
Pilot (rare)
Recon Gen1 (rare)
Security Gen1 (rare)
EVA Gen1 (ultra rare)
Mark V Delta (legendary)

Thanks!
You’ll get armour through REQ packs.
Personally I started with Bronze, Silver and then Gold.

The Achilles armour set is unlocked via Spartan Companies. Completing Commendations as a company and hitting milestones will unlock the Body piece and then the Helmet. You can’t join a company that already has it unlocked. You must be a member of a Spartan Company when the commendations are unlocked to get the armour.
A LOT of grinding...or a LOT of cash dropping. worst part of the unlock system...preferred the fulfilling reward of Halo 3, earning specific achievements to which each armour piece represented.

However here, unless you are willing to burn money to open packs in bulk or grind through matches to earn the needed req points. on average it's about 2.5 hours to earn a Gold pack purely through warzone FF Heroic with a couple of Boosts added.

Also the fact that there are so many versions of certain helmets and armours, this further makes things challenging to acquire any specific piece of customisation since there is also weapon certifications, Assassination Animations, emblems and weapon skins factored in.
the achilles is from joining a company and then unlocking all kill commendations
if you want achilles im in a clan where were grinding for it
Greatest hits req pack is in the store now.
Also worth noting the standard Helioskrill armor is unlocked by beating Halo CE, 2, 3 and 4 on legendary in MCC. You can unlock the Bloodgorger and Warbound variants of that armor through REQ packs. Also know from friends that those two variants often come up if you decide to by the greatest hit req packs. I don't think the same applies to the standard Helioskrill armor. Someone on YouTube did a video of buying like 10 greatest hit packs (gives you a sense of what you might unlock with those).
CQB (rare)
EOD (rare)
Operator Gen1 (rare)
Pilot (rare)
Recon Gen1 (rare)
Security Gen1 (rare)
EVA Gen1 (ultra rare)
Mark V Delta (legendary)

Thanks!
Those armors were unlocked with the Classic Helmets REQ Pack which can be bought in the Microsoft Store.

As for the Achilles....it is probably the worst armor set to obtain. To get them, you have to be in a Spartan Company of 100 (so...99 other players and you) and completing all the Company's Kill Commendations. Though, this doesn't work if you join a Company that already has it unlocked. You have to be in a Company that hasn't unlocked it yet. I say it's the worst set to get because in all honesty, you shouldn't have to rely on 99 other players in order to get a single set of cosmetic armor. There are some Companies out there still trying to get it, but at this point, I don't think there are many still grinding for it. Most people these days are scouting for Companies that are reaching the final stretches to unlock the set, and joining them last minute to get it.

GP Carry wrote:
Also worth noting the standard Helioskrill armor is unlocked by beating Halo CE, 2, 3 and 4 on legendary in MCC. You can unlock the Bloodgorger and Warbound variants of that armor through REQ packs. Also know from friends that those two variants often come up if you decide to by the greatest hit req packs. I don't think the same applies to the standard Helioskrill armor. Someone on YouTube did a video of buying like 10 greatest hit packs (gives you a sense of what you might unlock with those).
You can get ALL sets of Helioskrill armor from the REQ Packs. That is how I got my set. It's not just the Bloodgorger and Warbound sets, you can get the plain OG set from Gold Packs as well. They made it so you don't have to beat Halo 1-4 on Legendary anymore to obtain it. I mean, if you want to do all that work to get it, I am sure you still can. But they made it so you don't have to anymore. Just get your hands on some Gold Packs and hope you get lucky.
GP Carry wrote:
You can get ALL sets of Helioskrill armor from the REQ Packs. That is how I got my set. It's not just the Bloodgorger and Warbound sets, you can get the plain OG set from Gold Packs as well. They made it so you don't have to beat Halo 1-4 on Legendary anymore to obtain it. I mean, if you want to do all that work to get it, I am sure you still can. But they made it so you don't have to anymore. Just get your hands on some Gold Packs and hope you get lucky.
Oh interesting. I didn't know that about the OG Helioskrill armor. Thanks for the tip, but I already got it the old-fashioned way :-) (I play a lot more MCC than H5).
GP Carry wrote:
GP Carry wrote:
Oh interesting. I didn't know that about the OG Helioskrill armor. Thanks for the tip, but I already got it the old-fashioned way :-) (I play a lot more MCC than H5).
Yep. Actually, you have been able to get it from REQ Packs for a while know. I got it from REQ Packs like 2 years ago. (I think) I need to play more MCC, mostly for the single player Achievements. Unfortunately, the area that I live in only has internet via satellite so I can only play single player stuff. I haven't been able to play any multiplayer content in Halo at all (smoothly) for like 2 years now at least.
GP Carry wrote:
GP Carry wrote:
Yep. Actually, you have been able to get it from REQ Packs for a while know. I got it from REQ Packs like 2 years ago. (I think) I need to play more MCC, mostly for the single player Achievements. Unfortunately, the area that I live in only has internet via satellite so I can only play single player stuff. I haven't been able to play any multiplayer content in Halo at all (smoothly) for like 2 years now at least.
That's too bad. Sorry to hear that. Actually the majority of my time on MCC has been spent on single player. Quarantine got me back into Halo through me finally downloading MCC back at the end of April. I've been having a blast playing through the older campaigns again while racking up achievements (already have 5100+ points on MCC). It's a great way to re-experience the series while getting excited for the Infinite launch! Feel free to add me if your internet is acting stable and are looking for people to play MCC with. Hoping that gets better for you by the time the new game is released!
GP Carry wrote:
GP Carry wrote:
GP Carry wrote:
That's too bad. Sorry to hear that. Actually the majority of my time on MCC has been spent on single player. Quarantine got me back into Halo through me finally downloading MCC back at the end of April. I've been having a blast playing through the older campaigns again while racking up achievements (already have 5100+ points on MCC). It's a great way to re-experience the series while getting excited for the Infinite launch! Feel free to add me if your internet is acting stable and are looking for people to play MCC with. Hoping that gets better for you by the time the new game is released!
I appreciate it, but I highly doubt it will. There was talk of them running landline internet out to my area (they only stopped about a mile or two up the road from me) but that talk was about 10 years ago with no signs of progress still.
Plzzz bring classic pack.. id wanna waste my Money...