Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

how to join a spartan company

OP G00dxVibez

it wont let me join a Spartan company. it wont give me the option to send the company a message or accept an invitation from a company. help?
Has someone tried to invite you personally? You usually just get a notification here to accept it. Pretty straight forward. I've been in many spartan companies and that's how I've gotten in. I've also made my own before, and that becomes "activated" I guess the term would be, once there's 4 members.

Go to the recruitment forum tab and post there stating you'd like to join a spartan company. You definitely will get some replies. I'm sure there's a FAQ pinned in that section as well.
Yes I was invited by my friend. He said to look in the notifications but it either won’t give me the option to select notifications or I just can’t find it. I also tried sending the company a message but it wouldn’t give me the option. Is there something I have to do before I can join a company?
G00dxVibez wrote:
Yes I was invited by my friend. He said to look in the notifications but it either won’t give me the option to select notifications or I just can’t find it. I also tried sending the company a message but it wouldn’t give me the option. Is there something I have to do before I can join a company?
There is no pre requisite requirement to joining a company.

What device are you accessing Waypoint on? Are you signed in when trying to access messaging a company etc?
For mobile, the notifications are on the top right of the screen, I believe it’s the same for PC’s & Laptops too.

If you’re still not seeing these notifications you’ve been sent then maybe they’re being sent to the wrong person? Or you or another person haven eachother blocked on waypoint? Could be a number of things.

I haven’t heard of such issues before really, all I can do is try and guess the problem haha.
It won’t show the notification symbol at all. My friend says it looks like a flag, is he right? Also, on videos I’ve watched on how to join a company, i can see buttons and options I don’t see on my screen. I’ve tried this on laptop, mobile, and Xbox. Still can’t figure it out. Thanks for responding though!
G00dxVibez wrote:
It won’t show the notification symbol at all. My friend says it looks like a flag, is he right? Also, on videos I’ve watched on how to join a company, i can see buttons and options I don’t see on my screen. I’ve tried this on laptop, mobile, and Xbox. Still can’t figure it out. Thanks for responding though!
Yes, it should show up over the flag. You can click on that and then go into "show all notifications" if you might have missed it.
I literally said that the notification symbol along with many others don't show, meaning I cant click on them. Does this have to do with my age? because if so, I am still a child so that would explain it.
G00dxVibez wrote:
I literally said that the notification symbol along with many others don't show, meaning I cant click on them. Does this have to do with my age? because if so, I am still a child so that would explain it.
Quite possible that could be the case though I have no way of confirming it for certain.

Possible question for a Monitor?
alright well I guess I cant fix it. thank you all for trying to help me though! I really do appreciate it! :)
I think it means you have a child’s account. I believe you have to be of a certain age to get the inbox option? I’m not 100% sure so maybe check this out on your own
Edit: a child’s account is up until 13 yrs old, then it becomes a teen account. You don’t have to wait until you’re 18 lol
G00dxVibez wrote:
Try logging in again.
Ok little update:
I figured it out thanks to some help on another forum I made. Yes, was because I had a child account, but I managed to change it. Thank you to everyone who tried to help! I really appreciate it and you guys!